Patters from Island Princess, SB Part 1

New York Nana

I'm attempting to attach the Patters from the Island Princess SB, June 8 to 15. I have to do them seperately because of the size restriction.

This 1st one is from embarkation at Whittier, Wed, the 8th. Many thanks to Andler for reducing them down for me!

Oops! I credited the wrong person who helped to 'reduce' the files so I could attach them! Want to give credit where credit is due! My thanks goes to MICHAEL!!

• 2 weeks later...

Also enjoyed your cruise review. Were you on a Connoisseur landtour or does Princess provide that much assistance on all tours? Also I had read the soda package was $9+ a day, but your review said $36 for the cruise??

Thank you for scanning and posting these. I will be cruising on the SB Coral Princess next year and this answered my some of my questions.

What was the entrees for formal nights? We're debating whether to pack the formal gear or just do the alternate dining.

New York Nana, thank you so much! Our son is a musician in the Island Princess Orchestra and that was the first cruise he was on (actually he joined in Juneau). I've never seen the Princess Patters, and this gives me so many things to ask him about next time I talk to him. Thanks again!

Thank you for scanning and posting these. I will be cruising on the SB Coral Princess next year and this answered my some of my questions.

What was the entrees for formal nights? We're debating whether to pack the formal gear or just do the alternate dining.

When we first planned the trip, I thought we'd skip the 'formals', but glad we didn't. I can't recall all the entrees, but I do know that one of them had lobster tail and prawns. DH and I finished it and asked our waiter if we could have just one more lobster tail to share - he came back with 2 more plates!!

Friends of ours did most of all their meals at the buffet, which they said was 'OK'. I don't recall if they said there was anything 'special' on the line during the formal nights. Sorry I can't be more help!

• 7 months later...

Bringing this back becasue I have a question. In the Patter on the second day it says that the time to cruise Hubbard glacier is 5 to 6 pm. Is that the time that they are at the glacier or just cruising? That is our dinner time but I don't want to miss the glacier up close.

Archived