Please Vote: Freedom, Glory, Legend or Victory

Hoops_Baller

I'm looking for recent experience and feedback on the above ships. We are looking to book our 3rd Cruise on Carnival for Spring Break next year and will be taking our two sons that will be 18 and 16 at the time.

All of these ships have similar port schedules and departure ports that we would be happy with, so now we are just trying to decide which ship is best.

So please vote for your favorite and why you liked it!!

We loved the Legend. We sail the Freedom in 18 days and hope that it is equal...if not better.

We felt (while the staff could change) that the service all over was just a step above. We enjoyed the steakhouse, the level of talent for the shows was great, sailing from Tampa was a breeze, sailing under the sunshine skyway bridge was awesome!

Good luck choosing

I have not done the Glory or Freedom. I have done the Legend (4/10) and the Victory (04/08), and we are scheduled for a Christmas cruise this year on the Victory again. The Southern Caribbean itinerary of the Victory is phenomenal, and we really looking forward to that. However, as far as the ships I feel they are quite similar and I would have a great time on any of them. I suggest you really choose based on your preferences as exotic Western Caribbean is much different than the Southern Caribbean. Whatever you choose have a gret vacation!

Thanks to those who have responded so far! I like reading all of the feedback.

I have considered Victory as the choice due to the southern itinerary, but it will be a bit more expensive too due to flights. I want to take everything into consideration so this is great.

I think the replies will definitely help others as well!

Hey Devon;

We 'did' the Freedom (6-day Western) in 2010 and Glory (7-day western) in 2011. Both Spring Break with teen girls. We are 'doing' Eastern for 2012 on 8-Day Freedom. Was a bit more than Glory Eastern but after factoring in misc. transport cost (cheaper for us to fly into FLL even if cruising out of MIA).... This will be our first Eastern so looking forward to new adventures!!

Southern - Victory looks very appealing but for us Airfare is prohibitive that time of year.

What week are you looking at?

Hey Devon;

We 'did' the Freedom (6-day Western) in 2010 and Glory (7-day western) in 2011. Both Spring Break with teen girls. We are 'doing' Eastern for 2012 on 8-Day Freedom. Was a bit more than Glory Eastern but after factoring in misc. transport cost (cheaper for us to fly into FLL even if cruising out of MIA).... This will be our first Eastern so looking forward to new adventures!!

Southern - Victory looks very appealing but for us Airfare is prohibitive that time of year.

What week are you looking at?

We are looking at the week of April 1st, you?

The trip out of Ft. Laudedale for us is only a 6 night cruise, the others are 7. I think that the Southern on Victory will be the only one where cost would be a major factor, but I do like that itinerary better as we have been to the other ports...however going back is always a bit different.

It is interesting to get everyone's point of view and I know in the end whatever we decide will be just fine, but I like to hear the opinions.

18 year old DD and I are booked on 3/24 Freedom (8-day). Was a tough call between Glory and Freedom for Eastern itineries..... She prefers the decor of Freedom a bit more than Glory....

Had a blast on Glory this year....Did Pirates Extremely, Extreme Zip-Lining in Roatan....Great time!!! Would repeat this excursion (booked directly through Pirates!!)

Starting to watch airfares but expect air tran will be cheapest for us and they won't have prices out for a couple months yet.

Good luck with your plans!

We have done Glory and Freedom. Loved both. Best memories was on the Glory, but that was a 7 day vs Freedom's 6. Glory was in 2004, while Freedom was last summer. So I believe the service was better back then. We are thinking about doing a Freedom revisit later this year. Either way, you will love whatever ship you decide upon.

The Legend is a less crowded ship because it carries fewer passengers. All things being equal, I would prefer that.

I've been on Freedom once and Victory twice. Had a great trip on all three cruises. Freedom's got the big outdoor video screen, only they never seemed to have anything worth watching on it. Sort of a waste, I think.

We've cruised on 3 out of the 4 and I think Glory is similar to Valor so it's almost like we've done all 4! Just returned from Freedom and she's a great ship. We did the Central America route and loved it.

The Victory Southern is AMAZING...tiring but well worth it. San Juan can be a zoo, especially with kids along but such a great cruise.

Legend is one of our favorite ships and goes to our favorite island, Roatan.

You really can't go wrong!

I'm looking for recent experience and feedback on the above ships. We are looking to book our 3rd Cruise on Carnival for Spring Break next year and will be taking our two sons that will be 18 and 16 at the time.

All of these ships have similar port schedules and departure ports that we would be happy with, so now we are just trying to decide which ship is best.

So please vote for your favorite and why you liked it!!

Lagend. The Spirit class ships are the best, IMHO. East to navigate around and not tom many people and lines.:D

We did the legend in May 2010 and the Victory in May 2011. While we had a great time on both, I'd have to go with the LEGEND on this one.

The entire experience felt more relaxing, less rushed, and we never felt crowded on the Legend. Plus the Port of Tampa is fantastic while the Port of San Juan is well...a disaster.

The Victory cruise has absolutely amazing ports, that's the reason we picked it. The downside of the port-intensive itinerary that only has one sea day was that we felt completely tired and worn out when we got home. It was like we needed another week of vacation to recover. Check out my Victory review...it should give you lots of insight into everything.

Glory was very nice but I swear, I kept getting stymied by the restaurant where I'd end up with no where to go but up or down until I figured I could go through the MDR to get to where I meant to be. Traveled solo and got great table mates.

Legend was fabulous.

Wow...love the reply's so far. I gotta say that I think the Legend is in the lead now. I was kind of leaning toward the Vicotry due to the itinerary, but the extra cost and port hassle seems it may not be worth it.

Keep em coming...

Glory was very nice but I swear, I kept getting stymied by the restaurant where I'd end up with no where to go but up or down until I figured I could go through the MDR to get to where I meant to be. Traveled solo and got great table mates.

Legend was fabulous.

Know what you mean. More than once I used the MDR as a thoroughfare . . :D

Archived