Room service breakfast?

If you dont want to join the scrum at the buffet you can always go to the main restaurant where you can have a civilised waiter served breakfast.

The buffet is generally quiet up to around 8:30 on sea days and a little earlier on port days.

You can order your breakfast on room service should you wish and there are lists you hang on your cabin door with your requirements and time. It is however only a continental breakfast menu.

You can see the room service menu on page 13 of the Cabin Service Directory

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/fleet/CSDAzura

Brian

If you dont want to join the scrum at the buffet you can always go to the main restaurant where you can have a civilised waiter served breakfast.

The buffet is generally quiet up to around 8:30 on sea days and a little earlier on port days.

You can order your breakfast on room service should you wish and there are lists you hang on your cabin door with your requirements and time. It is however only a continental breakfast menu.

You can see the room service menu on page 13 of the Cabin Service Directory

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/fleet/CSDAzura

Brian

Thanks Brian I didn't realise there was a waiter served breakfast (I'm new to this)

Why would anyone want the scramble of the buffet as opposed to the more civilised option? :D

Thanks Brian I didn't realise there was a waiter served breakfast (I'm new to this)

Why would anyone want the scramble of the buffet as opposed to the more civilised option? :D

I can never understand it but many do like the buffet. They do have an excellent selection of fresh fruits though.

The main restaurants are open for breakfast normally 8-9:30 sea days and 7:30-9:00 port days. Check the daily events programme "Horizon" for opening times. The restaurants will open earlier if there any ports that require a very early departure, Port Said for Cairo comes to mind.

The main restaurants are also open for lunch and afternoon tea. Do try the restaurant for the afternoon tea at 4pm, usually the Peninsular restaurant, at least one day.

The self service buffet is open virtually 24 hours a day.

One thing is certain, you wont go hungry.

Brian

I always have a very light breakfast - a bowl of muesli and a slice of toast or a brenad roll. We did have breakfast in the restaurant one morning, but it seemed such a faff for such a simple meal. So, given what I eat for breakfast, I prefer the buffet.

I know that some people - well, quite a lot of people - were dissatisfied with the buffet's cooked breakfasts, but it met my simpler needs perfectly.

We always have breakfast on the balcony. Occasionally for a change, my husband will pop up to the buffet and get something to bring back.

Neither of us is very sociable in the morning ;)

Or me!

It does seem that there are a few options though which is great to know.

If you do have room service, do you tip the person who brings it and if so how much?

Catherine

We never have buffet breakfast. On lazy sea days we like to go to the restaurant for a waiter-served breakfast. There is a lot of choice, and the orange juice is much better than the stuff in the machines in the buffet. You can have a P&O Breakfast which is a big fry up inc black and white pudding and liver!, OR healthy options including smoothies, . I tend to go for the fan of melon, with a natural yogart and the orange juice....

and

then.......

have a cooked, lol.... but you can order in combinations of whatever you want, say, 2 poached egg, 2 saus, I bacon etc.......but be warned 'scrambled egg on toast -' have at least two eggs as the 'toast is a tiny circle with a small scoop of scrambled egg.'

Then on port days we have room service which can be ordered the night before with a card on door which saves time if you have a early start for a port tour, when sometimes you have to meet coaches from 8-8.30am. The wake up call is useful and saves time going to the buffet/restaurant and back to cabin .

We have found the sit down breakfast in the MDR to be so slow and invariably the waiter got something wrong or forgot something. Lifes too short. Never found the buffet a problem. Loads of choice and you can keep going back. Yes it can be busy but choose your times better or find a table before getting your food.

If people would vacate their table after their nineteenth cup of tea then this would free up some space! We once went for breakie at 7.30' vacated by 8 and at 9.15 went back just to grab some fruit on the way through. The same old couple that were next to us at 7.30 were still nursing their tea!

I think the main reason is that you can mix and match and have what you want and then replenish as and when necessary. It's a bit more rigid in the MDR.

We had room service breakfast a few times then gave up.

The tea was always stewed and the toast cold as it's taken such a while to be served to your cabin - better to make your own tea or coffee in the cabin.

The orange juice was the only thing worth getting. The oj in the buffet is watery mix up concentrate - yuk! Decent juice in the mdr though - usual carton stuff.

Sometimes one of us goes up to the buffet to fetch a nice plate of fruits,cold meat,cheese and croissant for a little treat - if we have a balcony cabin.

We've also fetched lunch down as well from the buffet - beats the bun fight up top!

Nice to sit on your balcony with a glass of chilled wine (bought from supermarket in Southampton) out of the cabin fridge.:D

Caryl

Off Topic a bit, but does P&O serve Smoked Salmon for brekkie in MDR and Buffet, like Princess does ? The Americans like smoked samon and sour cream on a bagel. But many of us Aussies like the Brits, prefer the full 'english' breakfast, fry up as described elsewhere on this topic. Looking forward to the Black Pudding and Liver for brekkie on Arcadia, next March/April. 49 'full english brekkies' oh dear. The calories.

NB Don't like the P&O Buffet described as a 'Food Court' sounds like a shopping centre! LOL. Why don't they rename them.

"If you do have room service, do you tip the person who brings it and if so how much?"

I tip at the time (£1) if I've ordered horsdoeuvres or whatever as a one off, but the person who comes with the ice every night (depends what ship youre on - sometimes your cabin steward brings the ice) I tip at the end of the cruise -£5

Caryl

"If you do have room service, do you tip the person who brings it and if so how much?"

I tip at the time (£1) if I've ordered horsdoeuvres or whatever as a one off, but the person who comes with the ice every night (depends what ship youre on - sometimes your cabin steward brings the ice) I tip at the end of the cruise -£5

Caryl

Thanks very useful to know.

We will be having a little pre dinner tipple while dressing in the cabin and the ice will be a must.

I have absolutely no problem with the tipping culture but I like to have a rough idea as to who I should tip, how much and when.

Hi

I did muesili on our first cruise on Arcadia, it's not the healthy option as the crew said it had cream in it.

You go on a cruise and want to eat healthy? How strange!;)

Probably like many others, I diet before the cruise to lose a little weight ..... then I switch to the seefood diet (see food and eat it!), followed by a post-cruise diet when I get home, although with somewhat less enthusiasm than the other two, LOL!

Probably like many others, I diet before the cruise to lose a little weight ..... then I switch to the seefood diet (see food and eat it!), followed by a post-cruise diet when I get home, although with somewhat less enthusiasm than the other two, LOL!

I've joined slimming world tonight to do just that!

Archived