Passport Question/ Emerald Lake

booth22

Can anyone tell me if we need passports if we plan to make the drive to Emerald Lake? Or if we need a passport for the port stop in Victoria? We are doing a 10 night from San Fran and appreciate your help and info....

Thanks, booth

You will need a certified birth certificate and photo ID (or passport) for both the cruise (including Victoria) and for the Yukon if you are a US citizen.

Passport is recommended but currently not required.

Be sure the birth certificate has the "raised seal" that and photo id are needed without a passport.

For clairfication- you don't need it to enter the Yukon, it will be presented at the boarder in British Columbia, then just continue driving into the Yukon.

My recollection is that we used our Passports when we were returing from the Yukon and coming back into Alaska---I don't recall needing it as we went from Alaska to the Yukon. We went with SE Tours--everyone in our van had a Passport--I am assuming that you could get by with other appropriate ID--though I am not certain what "appropriate" is.

Again for clairfication- you DO not go from Alaska to Yukon. British Columbia is BETWEEN the two. Border inspection is between Alaska and British Columbia Canada. Nothing is needed to get into the Yukon, just drive from BC.

We took the drive to Emerald Lake from Skagway and believe it or not, forgot our birth certificates that were in our stateroom safe. We were told of course that we should have brought them but they waved us on through both ways. I would not encourage this though so the answer is yes, you need them!

Archived