Cost of taxi from Barcelona Airport to Hotel Astoria?

YES cabs are easy to get!

I'd write down the street address and hand it to the taxi driver as they may not know the name and location of every single hotel in the city!

IF you are 2 people with 2 bags in the trunk(they charge for luggage) then I'd estimate 30euro for the trip.

They have meters and then they add on supplements for luggage in the trunk etc so the final price will be shown on the meter.

YES cabs are easy to get!

I'd write down the street address and hand it to the taxi driver as they may not know the name and location of every single hotel in the city!

IF you are 2 people with 2 bags in the trunk(they charge for luggage) then I'd estimate 30euro for the trip.

They have meters and then they add on supplements for luggage in the trunk etc so the final price will be shown on the meter.

That seems right to me, also.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from the Airport in Barcelona to the Hotel Astoria? Also, are cabs easy to get? Anything else I should know or do we just tell the driver our hotel?

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl :)

Try this site:

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona

Print out your estimate and show it to the cab driver. Make sure he has no more than 2Euro on his cab faremeter to start. It's the law. Tell him you have been there before and know where your hotel is, even if you don't. Google map it and compare the route he takes. They will charge about 2Euro for each bag they handle on top of fare.

We got ripped off in Barcelona twice and so did our friends. I knew it, I argued, I lost.

This is the official 2011 list of taxi prices and supplements in Barcelona.

http://www.tourisminbarcelona.com/taxi-fares-and-supplements-2011/

The meters are accurate and at the end the supplements are added in.

The world meter fare estimates are not always correct for every city. I KNOW that for here in San Diego they are usually wrong.

Archived