HELP! Venice Doges Palace and St. Marks advice

katmich12

I have a reservation for the Doges Palace Secret Itinerary Tour on Oct. 7 at 9:45 am. Is it possible to do that, see whatever else is at the Palace and book an entrance to St. Mark's at 11:55? I think we need to be at the shuttle by 1:30. Is this WAY too rushed or managable? I could schedule the Basilica the day before. Thanks!

I have a reservation for the Doges Palace Secret Itinerary Tour on Oct. 7 at 9:45 am. Is it possible to do that, see whatever else is at the Palace and book an entrance to St. Mark's at 11:55? I think we need to be at the shuttle by 1:30. Is this WAY too rushed or managable? I could schedule the Basilica the day before. Thanks!

Since the Secret Itineraries Tour begins at 9:55 am and lasts 75 minutes, that gives you until 11:10 am (if everyone shows up on time),and you haven't seen the rest of the Doge's Palace.

I think that the other rooms in the Palace such as the Sala del Maggior Consiglio, the Sala del Collegio and the Sala del Senato are important to see as well for their wonderful works of art by Veronese and Tinoretto. Seeing the Doge's Palace gives you an excellent introduction to the power and glory that was Venice.

If you can, schedule the Basilica tour for the previous day and then you'll be able to really enjoy seeing some of the wonderful buildings of Venice.

Just a slightly different point of view :

For me, San Marco Square is not really a place where I need to spend all my time in Venice!

I'd do the tour and then get out of the square to visit some other areas that will be less crowded and maybe even more interesting.

My favorite time in San Marco Square is at sunset !

Definitely possible. If that is all the time you have in Venice, at least you'll have hit the highlights. :)

We are in Venice the previous day beginning about 2:00 but I would rather have that day open for wandering, a vaparetto up the Grand Canal and dinner. I hate to make reservations anywhere if I can hit both of the big things the next morning. I think I will try for both reservations the next day. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

For Doge's Palace is their a particular website you used to purchase your tickets online or is there a telephone # to call ? Just wanting to know the most economical way to purchase the tickets....

Since the Secret Itineraries Tour begins at 9:55 am and lasts 75 minutes, that gives you until 11:10 am (if everyone shows up on time),and you haven't seen the rest of the Doge's Palace.

I think that the other rooms in the Palace such as the Sala del Maggior Consiglio, the Sala del Collegio and the Sala del Senato are important to see as well for their wonderful works of art by Veronese and Tinoretto. Seeing the Doge's Palace gives you an excellent introduction to the power and glory that was Venice.

If you can, schedule the Basilica tour for the previous day and then you'll be able to really enjoy seeing some of the wonderful buildings of Venice.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to make sure - if I buy Doges Palace Secret Itinerary Tour, I dont need to pay extra to see the rest of the Palace? How much time I need to count extra after Secret Itineraries to visit rest of the Palace?

And is Clock Tower Tour worth time and money? We do get to see some aerial view from top of it, right?

Thank you very much in advance!

I'd do the Basilica before the Doge's tour. I think you'll be too rushed after. Do the Basilica as soon as it opens (I think 9:00?) followed by the Doge's Palace. We didn't do a tour (just read the Rick Steve's stuff and the stuff posted) we were there well over 2 hours.

I'd do the Basilica before the Doge's tour. I think you'll be too rushed after. Do the Basilica as soon as it opens (I think 9:00?) followed by the Doge's Palace. We didn't do a tour (just read the Rick Steve's stuff and the stuff posted) we were there well over 2 hours.

I'm hoping to get in right away on the first day in port. Right away for us is sometime later afternoon as we don't dock until 2:00. I think going the next morning after the Doge's Palace would be insanely hectic. We need to be back to the ship by 12:30 so need to leave on the 12:05 shuttle.

Thanks' date='[/color']

Lindy

Archived