Has anyone ever been charged for pool towels?

Bibble

Got off Destiny this week. A friend we met onboard almost forgot to turn in her pool towels (that she got AT the pool) until the last night. It got me to wondering - with all the towels that are on chairs into the sunset, with nobody there to claim them, do they do a mini-inventory and try to match some of the leftovers with the people who didn't turn them in?

I'm not talking about bringing them home as "souvenirs", I mean truly, just leaving them on the chairs and forgetting about them. Just wondering how many people have done it by accident and how many people got charged?

No and I honestly don't know how they keep track. There have been several times when we took our beach towels out to the Lido deck or wherever to relax and came back to the room and found 2 fresh ones.

We were never charged for "missing" towels. I don't know why the room steward gave us fresh beach towels without exchanging or attempting to charge us for the old ones first.

We've never been given fresh towels without them getting the old ones.

But OP, your question makes me wonder. It seems like the perfect way to get back at chairhogs who hold chairs for hours and never show back up. It would be so easy for someone to just take their towel as a free souvenier(sp?) then the chairhog gets charged.

Bwahahaha! <-----evil conniving laugh:D

we left one at the bar in St Kitts and were never charged. I imagine its up to the room steward to do the paperwork to charge you for the loss. I wold have to imagine that all the dirty laundry goes to the same bin, so its loosely enforced.

I think the idea of being charged is a deterrent for a lot of people leaving the ship with 20 of them.

They have always given me fresh towels even before turning the old ones in?

Same here, I have ended up with 3 or 4 beach towels in the room. Usually they seem to pick them up the last night.

Archived