Splendor and running track

CRUISING71

Anyone know how many time around that track equal to 1 miles?

It depends from ship to ship, but it's usually between 10 and 12 laps. What a fantastic, underutilized area in the morning. I go for a jog most mornings around 6, maybe me and a couple other people, sometimes only a walker or two.

It depends from ship to ship, but it's usually between 10 and 12 laps. What a fantastic, underutilized area in the morning. I go for a jog most mornings around 6, maybe me and a couple other people, sometimes only a walker or two.

I agree....for us it is walking not jogging, but early morning on the track is a great way to start the day. The Splendor track is fairly small as I recall, but it is marked on one of the walls going around it.

When I was on the Glory it was stated on a sign on the wall that it was 9 laps to equal a mile. It was great getting out there before the sunrise and watching that beautiful sunrise over the water as I ran around. I usually use a Garmin GPS watch at home to know how long I've been running but for this it wouldn't work because the ship is moving and it would state that I went further than I actually did. I bought a cheap digital watch at Walmart for like 9 bucks, and just counted the laps. That helped me keep track of my pace and I wasn't worried about ruining my normal watch. It also came in handy when going out on excursions. Once again, I didn't have to worry about ruining and/or losing it. Enjoy your cruise!

One of the reasons I got hooked on cruising is the beauty of walking on top of ship each morning watching the sunrise! Way better than a treadmill !! Enjoy!

I go to the gym to lift, but never for the treadmills. I never understood that, I feel like telling people on the mills "hey, do you realize there is a beautiful track with a lovely breeze, with expansive views of the sea all around you, and you'll have it almost to yourself?"

Thanks...trying to maintain the weight while on cruise is so hard. LOL

We walked a lot on a cruise ship, but this time need to run 5 miles each day.

If you're going to be running for an extended period, I'd hit it pretty early in the morning, less traffic and less heat.

• 1 month later...
I go to the gym to lift, but never for the treadmills. I never understood that, I feel like telling people on the mills "hey, do you realize there is a beautiful track with a lovely breeze, with expansive views of the sea all around you, and you'll have it almost to yourself?"

I agree with your post, but its amazing how clueless some of the passengers can be on the track. I love the ones that just stand around on the track like its a continuation of the Lido deck or the occasional knucklehead who runs opposite the direction of everyone else. Probably European.

I agree with your post, but its amazing how clueless some of the passengers can be on the track. I love the ones that just stand around on the track like its a continuation of the Lido deck or the occasional knucklehead who runs opposite the direction of everyone else. Probably European.

You are so funny..."probably European"...they are the only one wearing speedo too.

Archived