Private guide to Florence

Lurontravel

We just used Romeinlimo and had Ricardo for the day. He was SO great. He is from Lucca and knows the area very well. It was the highlight of our cruise this year. There really are MANY recommendations for Romeinlimo. We put together a small group of 5 for the day from our Roll Call. It was worth every penny and still cheaper than people were paying for a ship tour.

It has been a while since I have been on this board, and it now appears that the very extensive "Romeinlimo Questions" thread is closed. So I thought I would place a comment here.

I would strongly recommend Romeinlimo for any private tours at the ports of Livorno, Civitavecchia, and Messina. We have used this wonderful touring company twice before, most recently in 2009 while cruising on a 12-night sailing out of Civitavechhia. We had two full day tours during our overnight stay in the port of Livorno. The first day we went to Pisa first thing, and then on to Florence. Despite the distance it was a quite relaxing day, and our drivers (we had two vans as we had 12 people in our group) were great. They even assisted us getting into the Uffizi Gallery without waiting on line. The second day we spend the morning in San Gemignano and the afternoon in Siena. Both towns were spectacular -- and our drivers provided extensive information throughout the day.

We also had a full day tour during our port stop at Messina, sicily. Our drivers took us the Godfather County -- the two towns where all three of the Godfather movies were filmed. Then we went on to Taormina for very pleasant afternoon punctuated by a fantastic lunch at a restaurant recommended by one of the drivers -- relete with a singing waiter!

We also used Romeinlimo for our second visit to the Amalfi Coast during our port stop in Naples. While part of our group went with one driver to visit Pompeii, the rest of us visited the beutiful towns of Ravello and Amalfi. Then we met up in Positano, had lunch in a very nice restaurant outside of Sorrento overlooking the harbor, and then spend some time together in Sorrento before returning to the ship.

We are getting ready for a 14-night cruise on Independence of the Seas out of Southampton and have arranged with Romeinlimo to take us to Lucca and the Bolgheri wine region nearby Pisa during our full day stop in Livorno, and to Tivoli during our full day stop in Civitavecchia, since we had 3 full days in Rome during the 2009 trip and didn't want to go back there this time around (FYI -- we also used Romeinlimo for our transfers from the airport to our hotel in Rome, from the hotel to the ship, and from the ship to the airport during our 2009 trip -- they were prompt and very helpful getting our group transferred; far more civilized than using the cruise line).

Anyone cruising to any of these ports and looking to get the most out of their day should contact Romeinlimo. Jany will respond immediately, and Duman will make sure everyone's needs are taken care of.

David

It has been a while since I have been on this board, and it now appears that the very extensive "Romeinlimo Questions" thread is closed. So I thought I would place a comment here.

David

It is not closed. It is just back a couple of pages.

• 1 month later...

Hi

We have just returned from our cruise with Celebrity Eclipse. we visited Florence and Rome. We used a great company called Share a shore excursion in italy. here is our review

Celebrity Eclipse Western Med. (Tour dates Friday 5th & Sat 6th August 2011)

Just to let everyone know what a superb time we had when we went to Florence/Pisa, via the Tuscan landscape and the next day to Rome.. We can't say enough good things about this company and it's staff. From the minute we stepped onto the minibus, both Gian in Florence and Daniel in Rome, nothing was too much trouble for either of them and their knowledge of both cities was brilliant. I know that the people in the other vans we booked were also of the same opinion and without exception both my wife Angie and myself can thoroughly recommend this company.

The beauty of the smaller vans that held 8 was that they were able to drive very close to all the sightseeing areas that we wanted to see and that was a definite bonus in terms of not having to walk very far. To also have pre booked tickets meant very little or virtually no waiting in long queues, this was much appreciated given that the temp was 90plus degrees.

Again I cannot reiterate enough how good the days were and if anyone who is reading this and is thinking of a private tour in Italy then you cannot go wrong if you choose this company.

John & Angie Callcott

North Wales UK

hope this helps

John

{Callyscally}:)

Archived