Adventure Aft Cabin 7694 ?

Yes, I have booked another cruise!

We have booked aft JS 7694 on the Adventure for January/06. I've never been in an aft cabin before, but hear the balconies are awesome!

Does anyone know if the aft cabins/balconies on deck 7 are the same as the one's higher up? I have seen some pics, and the balcony on deck 7 seems to be set further back then the one's on deck 10 :( Will this make a big difference in the view?

Any advice will be appreciated......I still have lots of time to switch cabins if I have to!

We were in an aft JS on board the Voyager, deck 7.

Excellent cabin but there are two things to be aware of.

There is some superstructure that does partially block your view on all aft cabins in the Voyager class.

Also everyday there is soot that settles on all of the aft balconies. The crews all know about this and do an excellant job keeping the balconies clean but I wouldn't leave anything out there that might collect soot at an unexpected moment.:(

We were on Voyager, JS 1694 (deck 10) and we have not one bad thing to say about it. We absolutely loved it, thought the view was amazing, didn't experience any noise or soot. Loved the size of the balcony and it had lots of balcony furniture. I can't comment on deck 7, but looking down from deck 10, I think the view will also be wonderful. You don't spend much time looking straight down anyway. Its amazing just to sit and look out at the wake or the land you leave behind! It would be interesting to find someone that has pictures of the balcony. In the deck plans, the deck on 7 does not appear to be as deep, but I find some of the deck plans to be inaccurate, so that may not be necessarily so!!! Anyone out there with pictures????

Never been lucky enough to be in an aft cabin, Robyn, so I can't help you there. Since aft cabins are so hard to come by though, I think I'm jealous! :D

Check our Roll Call, BTW! :)

Elf

I just replied to you on the Roll Call ;)

Book now and avoid the rush!

We had a deck 7 JS on Voyager over a year ago. The only "obstruction" is the metal structural beams that criss-cross in front of the balcony, which is huge! I got used to looking over and through the beams and enjoyed the balcony and JS. But, I prefer the aft balconies on Radiance and Vision class which are wide open.

...I'm hoping someone has stayed in an aft Voyageur class cabin on the 7th and can tell me first hand.....The soot doesn't bother me either.

Maybe you misunderstood me. We have stayed on the 7th deck, Voyager, Junior Suite. See my other post for the pictures.

Best I can describe is that it is like a venetian blind effect.:)

Maybe I misunderstood you. Was there some other qualification you were looking for? :confused:

macpiper, I'm dissappointed that on my computer, I can't see your pictures. Are they on webshots or somewhere else that I could go to see them? Or could you email them to me. sylvia_826@hotmail.com This suite may be a possibility for us someday and I am interested to see your pictures. Thanks!! Oh, can everyone else see the pictures??

macpiper: I couldn't see the pictures either, maybe you could try to re-send them? Thanks,

ckrobin: We stayed in an aft on the Splendour #7628. We loved it, I don't know what kind of ship that is, but the view was unobstructed.

JYL

Great pictures macpiper, thanks for posting them again. When you looked straight down from your balcony, is the only thing to see the floor infront of deck 6 or could you see any water? I'm guess you had to look "out" to see the water. The balcony does look like a nice size! Tks again!

I found this picture (thanks to BonnieVoyager) that answers my own question about what you see from deck 7 when you look straight down. :)

And I would have to concur with the observation. It is exactly as we saw it.:)

These aft balconies make me feel a whole lot safer about having one with kids. I had a huge fear of them going over board so always held off on getting one. I am so excited to have 1394 in my future. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm not sure I would feel that much more comfortable if you have any distrust about your children and a balcony. A child falling off these balconies at the very least is going to leave a mark! :eek:

Maybe it might be best to avoid a balcony if it is a safety concern:) .

Thanks for all the great pics!

I'm VERY worried now that I won't have a clear view from the 7th deck aft on the Adventure....seems you have to look through poles ets.....I'm thinking the afts higher up may not have this problem?

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Thanks for all the great pics!

I'm VERY worried now that I won't have a clear view from the 7th deck aft on the Adventure....seems you have to look through poles ets.....I'm thinking the afts higher up may not have this problem?

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

It IS a great view from the aft.:)

It is just not as good a view as you might get from either a Radiance or Vision class ship.

Robyn....don't be too quick to worry. Yes, the higher aft balconies have slightly less "apparent" structural "stuff" but your deck seven balcony will be fine and you will still have a great view and a large balcony. You really just get used to the beams being there and quit noticing them because the view beyond is so great. You can not see down to the water though, no matter which deck you are on. One of these days/years, try a Radiance class aft cabin for a really truly unobstructed view...until then, rest easy that you will probably love your Voyager class balcony!

Deb (a previous deck 7 aft balcony PX...my first aft cabin!)

Deb:

Thanks for your reassurances about the voyageur class afts.....I had a balcony on my Radiance cruise last month ( not aft) and we really loved it....I was out there ALL the time :) When we booked the Adventure and I saw the JS aft was still available on the 7th, I grabbed it because of the size. I'm currently waitlisted for an aft higher up, but if it doesn't become available I think based on what you said, I will stick with what I have.

Thanks again :)

I totally agree with the other posters!! The Voyager is a marvelous ship with lots to do and lots to see. You will love your balcony for lounging in the morning and evening, but you will also spend a lot of your time enjoying the rest of the ship. You will have a marvelous view of the ports as you come into shore. The structure does not block any of that! Don't give it up because another lucky person will just grab it from you immediately. If another JS aft becomes available up higher, great, but if not, you are very lucky to have this one!!! ;)

Archived