What time must you be onboard Oosterdam departure day?

Our flight arrives the day of our cruise at 10:15 (Seattle). We are hoping to check in then spend a bit of time in Seattle, maybe at Pike's Market. I am not sure what time we must be back onboard. It is not on the boarding pass. Anyone knows?

Our flight arrives the day of our cruise at 10:15 (Seattle). We are hoping to check in then spend a bit of time in Seattle, maybe at Pike's Market. I am not sure what time we must be back onboard. It is not on the boarding pass. Anyone knows?

what time does your ship leave? Assuming you have checked in and all is done, you probably safe within one hour. You have to be back on board for the life boat drill so you should probably check your Explorer to see when it is scheduled.

Off topic, but flying in the day of the cruise, I would just be happy to get on the ship. We never fly in the day of - but that's just us;)

We returned from the Oosterdam about a month ago. The sail away time was 4:00 p.m. and we needed to be aboard by 3:00 p.m. The muster drill was held at 3:15 p.m.

Personally, I'd go directly to the ship. By the time you get through the airport, collect your luggage (unless you're only doing carry-ons) and get transportation, you're probably looking at 10:45 before leaving the airport, and then another 30-45 minutes to downtown. That would put you at the terminal around 11:15-11:30. Assuming the crowds aren't bad at the port, figure another 30 minutes to check in.

Even if you don't board the ship after checking in, you looking at noon and a $12 cab ride to Pike's Market and about 2 hours there and another $12 back. However, if it is something you really want to do, it is doable assuming your flight isn't delayed.

With SeaTac being South of downtown Seattle, and the HAL Port being North of the downtown (and Pike's Market) you might be better to see about hiring a car so that you could see some of Pike's Market etc. on your way through town and then to the port. Granted, it's not the cheapest alternative, but there aren't alot of cheap alternatives that I am aware of to get from SeaTac to the Port. By the time you paid for a transfer to the ship and then cab fare to and from downtown, it might be competitive....

Our flight arrived in Seattle a little late. We flew in a couple of days early.

If your flight is a little late -- by the time you collect your luggage and get transportation to the pier -- you might get there by Noon -- not leaving you a lot of time to do anything.

You have to allow time to get through the ship security and then check-in.

Yes -- Oosterdam does leave at 4 -- which means you have to be back on the ship by 3 for 3:15 for lifeboat drill.

I don;t know about the Oosterdam but on our recent Amsterdam cruise -- attendance was taken and those that didn't show up for lifeboat drill had a make-up session the next morning.

Pike's Market is not within walking distance from Pier 91. You would have to take a cab and then get one back to the ship.

Not sure why you are bent on seeing Pikes Market, just another city market. Once you watch a fish thrown in the air the show is over! As stated earlier the HAL pier in north of the city, probably a 20-30 minute cab ride. You then have to do it in reverse. All of this after a half day of travel and embarkation. Why push yourself when the boat drill is at 3 and departure at 4?

We have decided to just wait until the day after the cruise. Looks like it would be too difficult to try.

I did call HAL to ask if it is unusual for us to be flying in the day of the flight and they said not at all. Many people do this and that the cut off for arrival time into Seattle is 1:20 and we arrive at 10:12AM. We will just take it easy, enjoy the ship and settle in.

We have a day post cruise (there wasn't a flight out late enough for us that day) so we will do some things in Seattle then?

We have that one day. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a great decision, you will be more relaxed and be able to enjoy your Seattle visit. Now Pikes Market is doable. I have not been in Seattle for a few years, but the "Underground Seattle" walking tour was worth while back then. Seattle is a relatively small city and easy to see in a day or so.

Just a nitpick because I did live in the Seattle area for almost 6 years and have been cringing from every post here: it's Pike Place Market (as it's situated on Pike Place), maybe abbreviated Pike Market, but never Pike's or Pikes.

That would be like visiting the Empire's building in NY, or crossing Golden's Gate bridge in SF. If you have to ask for directions from a Seattlite, you'll be glad I corrected you :)

Archived