Oasis B'way aft balcony-vs-oceanview

I booked the 12th floor furthest aft room. I know that I can see some ocean and aqua theater. I am now second guessing my decision not having an ocean view. I did book this room since no other ship has this type of room (other than the Allure). Will I miss the ocean???

I was in the second to last boardwalk balcony on deck 12. I thought it was fun to have something different. others really miss the full oceanview. the nice thing about 12 aft is that there is a public deck right at the end of the hall. so if you miss the Oceanview, just walk 15 steps or so. Others might be out there, but often I was alone there or just a couple other people. there were more people there during some of the aqua shows.

To me, the bigger concern if you are an early to bed type and a light sleeper. then the boardwalk noise might keep you awake. it did not keep me awake, but not much would;). some people disliked the noise during the day, too, while I thought it was fun to watch the activity, especially the cute little kids at play. If you are noise intolerant, you may not like the boardwalk balcony.

We had a Boardwalk balcony on Allure a couple of weeks ago, 11th deck and much further in. I LOVED seeing the ocean and the Boardwalk. You can have an ocean view on ANY ship, but Boardwalk balconies give you an ocean view and so much more. That far aft, you will be able to see the aqua shows from your balcony and the zipline overhead.

As WG said, you can quickly and easily get to the balcony at the end of the hall. I was out there all by myself for many hours during our trip and loved moving form shade to sun, ocean view, to Boardwalk view.

I do agree that if noise is a concern, you might want full ocean view instead., We found it was not an issue with the door locked and curtains drawn, except for the very last night, which was very loud for some reason. You will hear show music up until midnight every night with a room that close to the aqua theater, tho.

Like others have said after being on many balcony rooms it was a change. The view of the aft was great. The area the above poster mentioned is the size of the balcony of the large aft suites. It was like having a suite balcony but not the suite. Most times we were out there no one was there. There were chairs and foot rests and small tables.

I booked the 12th floor furthest aft room. I know that I can see some ocean and aqua theater. I am now second guessing my decision not having an ocean view. I did book this room since no other ship has this type of room (other than the Allure). Will I miss the ocean???

You will certainly still be able to see the ocean from this balcony.

You will also see this:

2744296660077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

You will certainly still be able to see the ocean from this balcony.

You will also see this:

2744296660077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Actually, if they have the last aft balcony, they won't be seeing any of those other balconies if they look seaward!! Just the Aqua Theater and the ocean!

Actually, if they have the last aft balcony, they won't be seeing any of those other balconies if they look seaward!! Just the Aqua Theater and the ocean!

I have a hard time picturing anyone at a permanent neck angle in only one direction. ;)

I have had both a Boardwalk balcony and a regular ocenview balcony on the Allure.

Oceanview. Private and quiet. No suprises. I hear that people near the front may be seen by people in the cantilever hot tubs. We were dead centre of the ship and did not experience this. The experience is just like every other oceanview balcony.

Boardwalk. We were above the Pets at sea store on deck 8. We could see the ocean but it was obstructed. You should have no problem. It is quite a bit noisier on the Boardwalk especially during the Aqua show. Lots to see and lots of action to watch from your balcony. Not private. During the day you have to keep the sheers closed and at night you have to keep your curtains closed to ensure privacy.

If you desire privacy and quiet take the oceanview.

If you want to see the action and don't mind a bit of noise and activity take the Boardwalk.

Sue likes the ocenaview experience while I like the Boardwalk experience.

We spent a lot more time out on the Boardwalk balcony than we did on the oceanview balcony.

Lets us know what you choose.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. My DH and I don't go to sleep early and will enjoy watching the activities. I think I might keep this room but, does anyone know what "level" the zipline is i.e. 8th floor,9th floor etc?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. My DH and I don't go to sleep early and will enjoy watching the activities. I think I might keep this room but, does anyone know what "level" the zipline is i.e. 8th floor,9th floor etc?

Deck 16. It goes from the aft near the Flowriders to deck 15 near the end of the Boardwalk. Not very far but is worth doing once.

Archived