Free Upgrade?

I just booked an inside room w/french doors (why do they call it an inside room?) obstructed view. At the time of booking, I chose the past guest option for the lowest rate, with "free upgrade". Just what does that mean? I would not want to be moved from this type of room to an ocean-view as I specifically chose the room so we can open the doors. (and it's also between lifeboats so there is somewhat of a view). So, what would an upgrade be? I have no clue how that works and I called Carnival and was told that the room we have is not going to change; that the "upgrade" was built into the price. I'm confused.

Free upgrades are within categories, and you are already the top inside. You probably got your free upgrade with the booking to get to the 4K?

They call it inside because the view is blocked.

There were some obstructed cabins in the front of conquest ships and some others that have a wall blocking their view that used to be 6Bs, and they changed them to 4Js, insides too.

Carnival does not have any obstructed OVs.

You can have them put do not upgrade .. but chances of a free upgrade out of the blue not a upsell, are so slim I would not worry.

When you booked it was a past guest rate to the best available cabin within that category. So that was your upgrade. You wont be moved again.

Ok, thanks! I only know that I clicked on the obstructed view french door room, and had a few to choose from. Then after booking I wondered what my upgrade would be to. So no chance of being moved to a balcony then as an upgrade, huh? Haha.

Ok, thanks! I only know that I clicked on the obstructed view french door room, and had a few to choose from. Then after booking I wondered what my upgrade would be to. So no chance of being moved to a balcony then as an upgrade, huh? Haha.

Probably only as a upsell, .. at more $$.

.. but your contract does state Carnival has the right to move you. So it could happen, but chances are very very slim. Like if they wanted your particular cabin for whatever reason, they are allowed to move you.

Archived