I am so lucky...

Porthopper101

Seven months ago today I had an accident that landed me in the hospital with shattered heels and a compression fractured L1. We had to cancel our 2011 world cruise on QM2. Today I am walking with a slight limp, in time it should go away. My back is OK.

Yesterday was my birthday, my husband informed me that we will be aboard QM2 for 106 days 2013 world cruise.

I am thankful that I am alive and I can walk. Also, I am thankful that I have an amazing husband.

Best regards

Marie

What a great post. So happy to read that you have recovered from such a terrible accident. And what a better way to celebrate!

Please post some updates here during your world cruise. Soak it all in!

Marie, I remember about your accident and your having to cancel. I know this probably doesn't make up for all the you have been through, but what a lovely surprise! I am looking forward to hearing all about your wonderful voyage. I would love to do a full World Cruise on QM2, but that day is far, far off i fear!

Marie,

You are blessed to have a wonderful husband, and have recovered from a terrible accident.

What a wonderful birthday present!!

I hope we get to travel along with you and you keep us updated.

Happy belated birthday :)

Marie, thanks so much for letting us know that you are recovering nicely from your accident. I can only imagine how disappointing it must have been to cancel your World Cruise. However, now you have another World Cruise to plan and that is wonderful medicine for anyone.

Wow, glad you have made such a good recovery and will still get on your world cruise.:)

Thank you Aot. After four months on the wheelchair and six weeks on crutches; I am happy to able to walk again and looking forward for our world cruises.

Best regards

Marie

What a great post. So happy to read that you have recovered from such a terrible accident. And what a better way to celebrate!

Please post some updates here during your world cruise. Soak it all in!

Thank you Rgaudet,

There were so many things I took for granted before my accident. I am so grateful that I am alive and able to walk again. I am going to enjoy every minute I have coming.

Best regards

Marie

Marie, I remember about your accident and your having to cancel. I know this probably doesn't make up for all the you have been through, but what a lovely surprise! I am looking forward to hearing all about your wonderful voyage. I would love to do a full World Cruise on QM2, but that day is far, far off i fear!

Thank you Safarigal,

I was very disappointed when we had cancelled our cruise. I cried when I saw the three Queens in New York on January 13, 2011. My husband said, since we missed it; why not book it again. I am truly bless to have a husband like mine.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

Marie

Sometimes when in adversity one realises that one's richest blessings are to hand already.

I fully understand about finding our more of how one's spouse is a blessing in difficult circumstances, and am so glad that you are on the way out of the bad times, ready for the good times ahead.

Thank you Horace Tuberville;

I told my friends: "you know someone truly love you when he empty your porte potty for four months without complaining. And he massages your legs every night and he brings you flowers every week. That is true love."

Yes, I am truly bless. With him in my life I can conquer anything.

Best regards

Marie

Marie,

You are blessed to have a wonderful husband, and have recovered from a terrible accident.

What a wonderful birthday present!!

I hope we get to travel along with you and you keep us updated.

Happy belated birthday :)

Thank you FoghornLeghorn for the birthday wish. To be honest; after my accident I feel every day is my birthday. It is so great to live.

I am looking forward to be aboard a beautiful ship.

Best regards

Marie

Marie, thanks so much for letting us know that you are recovering nicely from your accident. I can only imagine how disappointing it must have been to cancel your World Cruise. However, now you have another World Cruise to plan and that is wonderful medicine for anyone.

Hi Beth;

It was very rough few months. I am now on my way to a full recovery. I am very excited and looking forward to aboard a famous ship.

Best regards.

Marie

So happy to hear of your recovery. What a wonderful husband you have. I hope you both have the trip of a lifetime-in a good way of course! Happy landings

Thank you Nippy Sweetie;

My husband said: "it is cheaper to go on the cruise than to build a house." After 2009 world cruise, I was bored. I told my husband that I want to remodel our kitchen, he said, sure do it. Then I want to remodel our bathroom, he said, sure do it. Before you knew it, I had the whole house rebuilt. We have a rental, my husband is afraid I might do something dramatic to the house. He is keeping me busy by cruising. I Love it :D.

Best regards

Marie

Thank you Rgaudet,

There were so many things I took for granted before my accident. I am so grateful that I am alive and able to walk again. I am going to enjoy every minute I have coming.

Best regards

Marie

I am moved by your recovery. I have to tell you I had a serious health issue 1 year ago. It makes you reconsider so many things. One of the things I did upon recovery was to take my first cruise, a transatlantic crossing on QM2. I'm now hooked!

All the best to you Marie.

Rob

I am moved by your recovery. I have to tell you I had a serious health issue 1 year ago. It makes you reconsider so many things. One of the things I did upon recovery was to take my first cruise, a transatlantic crossing on QM2. I'm now hooked!

All the best to you Marie.

Rob

Hi Rob, Totally aggree with you on this, I was not well over a year ago now and needed 5 months off work. Now I feel I want to enjoy life and that is going cruising.

Our cruising started in September 2009 on a TA, now I can't book one fast enough. I do like to have something to look forward to. Got QM2 June 2012 and Independence of the Seas November 2012.

Even looking to 2013 with possible cruises.

Catherine

I'm so glad you are getting well again Marie. I remember reading about your accident and your disappointment. You are indeed very lucky!

We are in a similar situation- having just had to cancel our forthcoming trip on QE due to a health blip. Hopefully all will be well but our lovely trips to USA thanks to Cunard look to be in doubt due to insurance costs :(

We'll have to adjust to something closer to home we think. :)

As you and Rob say, you change your views when it comes to a health issue and I wish you a great time with your wonderful husband.

Archived