Epic studios

javafriend

I am thinking about booking studio rooms for my adult son (22) and myself for january 14, 2012. We can each have our private space and bathrooms this way. DH and I have sailed in an aft suite on the Epic on the maiden TA, but this option just would not work for DS and I. The cost of a 2 bedroom suite is more than I want to spend, although I do love the Epic club.

I would like opinions, pictures, thoughts about the studio rooms, because they seem like a great fit for this trip.

Lisa

I am thinking about booking studio rooms for my adult son (22) and myself for january 14, 2012. We can each have our private space and bathrooms this way. DH and I have sailed in an aft suite on the Epic on the maiden TA, but this option just would not work for DS and I. The cost of a 2 bedroom suite is more than I want to spend, although I do love the Epic club.

I would like opinions, pictures, thoughts about the studio rooms, because they seem like a great fit for this trip.

Lisa

No need to discuss Studio opinions as this topic is well covered in Member Reviews.

I do believe that adjoining Studios would be perfect for the two of you. As you said, the private bathrooms and space would be worth it. I very much enjoyed the Studio room that I had onboard Epic.

Dan mits I usually travel solo and go with suites I know I am spoiled , lol. But now I think I might have to try the solo cabin. Your pixs are great. What I like about suites is butler but the studios you have a solo guide or something, so I think thats what Iam going to do next time. Thanks for the pixs!

Dan mits I usually travel solo and go with suites I know I am spoiled , lol. But now I think I might have to try the solo cabin. Your pixs are great. What I like about suites is butler but the studios you have a solo guide or something, so I think thats what Iam going to do next time. Thanks for the pixs!

You're welcome. Just so you know, when WE were on the Epic last year, our maid was cleaning our room at least 3 times a day. That room was always spotless, she was amazing. Even when we purchased the beer in a bucket, any time we'd bring the bucket back, she would constantly keep ice in it to keep them cold. :D Hopefully thing haven't changed.

Yes, it's like having your own room, own bathroom, own shower. We booked 2 of them and loved it last year.

Here are a bunch of studio pictures I took last year of our adjoining rooms.

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/Studio/13875195_hmqFN#1017669815_de532

These are great pics! Are these cabins actually connected? It appears there is an open door between them.if so, how can you tell which ones connect? Thanks!

These are great pics! Are these cabins actually connected? It appears there is an open door between them.if so, how can you tell which ones connect? Thanks!

Not all of the studios have connecting doors. Look at the floor plans and you should be able to tell which ones have connecting doors. DH and I each had one on our November cruise (with of course a connecting door). Got a special rate. So we had a "his" and "hers" shower, toilet, closet, sink, oh and "bed":eek:. Well kind of, one was "slept in" and the other, well.... never was!!:rolleyes: Mitsugirly, your pictures are awesome, and show the room, really as it is. Just awesome!!!

I just booked my third trip in a Studio. I love them. They are laid out very well and efficient so they don't seem as small as the square footage may indicate. I got a great deal on my January 2012 trip at only $735 (military discount). How can you beat $105 a day for a cruise? :D

Not all of the studios have connecting doors. Look at the floor plans and you should be able to tell which ones have connecting doors. DH and I each had one on our November cruise (with of course a connecting door). Got a special rate. So we had a "his" and "hers" shower, toilet, closet, sink, oh and "bed":eek:. Well kind of, one was "slept in" and the other, well.... never was!!:rolleyes: Mitsugirly, your pictures are awesome, and show the room, really as it is. Just awesome!!!

Yes, you can look at the deck plans and see which ones have connecting rooms with the doors. The doors are locked (by the staff) and must have a key to unlock. So, once you get there, you have to tell housekeeping that you want the door unlocked and left unlocked. They will have to call the head person to come with the key to have it unlocked. We had ours unlocked by the end of the day. :)

studioroomsconnected.jpg

I marked the ones that are connecting (this just happens to be deck 11). You can tell they are connected by the little arrow in between them. There are some on the ends of the rows and scattered that are not. Hope this helps. :)

I strongly recommend you do what you are considering. You will have much more storage space (the studios have baskets under the bed to store items, along with a full size closet). And you have the use of the Living Room -daily Happy Hour and plenty of activities going on. There are also snack and soda machines in the hallway, which is a nice touch if you want to pick on something - you never have to go outside your areas!

I strongly recommend you do what you are considering. You will have much more storage space (the studios have baskets under the bed to store items, along with a full size closet). And you have the use of the Living Room -daily Happy Hour and plenty of activities going on. There are also snack and soda machines in the hallway, which is a nice touch if you want to pick on something - you never have to go outside your areas!

No Happy hour on drinks anymore :(

Archived