Azamara hotel sale

june1

Any possibility for a hotel sale on fall European cruises. I cannot see paying $500 for one night in a hotel when going a day early.

Thanks

Im really confused on this question.

Perhaps if mention your destination we or the ports boards can offer assistance on hotel recommendations that you book on your own.

K.

We have a special where airfare is included in the cruise and we have to use their hotel. I usually do all on my own but this was a really good price for cruise and air.

So, is the hotel already included in the price? If that is the case than you already have the price of the cruise, air, and hotel as a package. I have heard of these last minute specials (which I have never seen on the Azamara web site) where the air and hotel are included in the cruise fare.

Btw, is it $500.00 per person per night?

It sounds like your promo factors in the cost of the hotel (and makes the air "free"), and if that is the case I doubt they will discount the hotel.

What city and hotel?

The hotel is not included in the special price but transfers are. The price is $500 for two people. I will keep watching the website for hotel specials.

What is the hotel? Is this in Athens?

If this is for November 6 the rates are great at approx. $2K per person for a Veranda (Veranda for the price of an Ocean View). If the air and transfers are also included, that is a great rate (even if you add an additional $250.00 per person for one night in a hotel).

I am also interested in this cruise. I phoned Azamara and for $3,100.00 CDN it included veranda, airfare from Toronto, all transfers to and from hotel and ship and 2 nights at the Athens Hilton plus all taxes. But she wouldn't include travel insurance.

Nice deal!!

My only problem is the weather.

The hotels listed are:

King George Palace

Athens Hilton

My TA quoted me the price for one night of $500 for two.

I just want to make sure that I understand this, since Im a bit loopy from cold medicine

you MUST book either of these hotels or you cant take advantage of your air discount???

I've never seen where you HAVE to book the cruise line's hotel. Even if transfers are included and you get the hotel on your own and provide your own transfers, you probably will do better to get your own hotel.

I am also interested in this cruise. I phoned Azamara and for $3,100.00 CDN it included veranda, airfare from Toronto, all transfers to and from hotel and ship and 2 nights at the Athens Hilton plus all taxes. But she wouldn't include travel insurance.

Nice deal!!

My only problem is the weather.

The weather (off season) is the reason that the cruise is on Sale.

I just want to make sure that I understand this, since Im a bit loopy from cold medicine

you MUST book either of these hotels or you cant take advantage of your air discount???

I am not surprised. Azamara's marketing department comes up with a lot of odd promotions which tests your ability to figure out the bottom line price.

I know they are trying to unload "Cruise Air", but with the hotels why not just discount to get rid of them if they are already paid for by the cruise line, or just offer the complete Cruise, Air, hotel, and transfers at one (promotional) price.

I saw an online ad agency advertising for the Nov. 6 cruise. I called my TA and he got nearly the same deal but no hotel. Verandah, air, transfers instead of OBC of $150, no insurance for $2399 USD.

I saw an online ad agency advertising for the Nov. 6 cruise. I called my TA and he got nearly the same deal but no hotel. Verandah, air, transfers instead of OBC of $150, no insurance for $2399 USD.

That is a great deal since I believe on-line the cruise only is $2,399 (Veranda at "price of a balcony"). Therefore, the air and transfers are truly free.

We are on the cruise before yours and overpaying for our air (based on current rates). That, however, is not Azamara's fault and our decision. We had a reasonable airfare to Dubai but than transferred to Europe late season using the air (which was not refundable but reusable).

Do note that if Azamara is still offering Choice Air than I believe the other option is to use their air with a $500.00 per person discount. It would still be more money but at least you could pick your flights.

The hotels listed are:

King George Palace

Athens Hilton

My TA quoted me the price for one night of $500 for two.

We are on a different sailing (Oct 4 Journey) leaving Rome, with similar cruise air deal given to us: $600 extra for air for 2 people from San Francisco. We were told that we can not change the flight time, but can go a few days before by booking the pre-cruise hotel in Rome through AZ. The rate was $800 per night in Rome! Since the cruise air schedule could get us in Rome as late as 2:00 pm on the day of sailing, we do not want to leave the flight details at the mercy of AZ. So we gave up the attractive cruise air deal, and chose to go to Rome 3 days before sail day through Choice Air and got the flight schedule we wanted and booked my own hotel. We feel the incremental costs for airfare and transfers are worth it to get over the jet-lag, visit Rome (our first time), and the stress of possibility missing flight connection/the ship. Again, this is just us, who are risk adverse.

we gave up the attractive cruise air deal, and chose to go to Rome 3 days before sail day (and) visit Rome (our first time)...

Excellent choice!

Frankly, if this is your first time in Rome, I would go early too! As it is, there is too much to see and do in Rome than just to catch a bus/cab to the port!

If you book the hotels through Azamara, they will 'bump out' the days on the included airfare and maintain all the transfers. They will not change the dates on the airfare otherwise.

I usually book everything on my own, but this has worked out well for us on the November 17th sailing of the Quest and has taken a lot of planning off of my plate.

If you wanted to stay a while, you could probably cover the airfare with the money you save on the hotels.

I just would like to say...

since my initial post has now been quoted a couple of times.

that I spent about 20 minutes typing out a response yesterday...Regarding this entire topic and my thoughts on it.

I did a cost analysis of Hilton specific rates, currency conversion, how group blocks work and why cruise lines might have specials like this and how they package each.

All informative and detailed to the issue without mentioning any agencys,etc etc AND it was the proper amount of sweetness.

For whatever reason it's now gone ...

It's CC and Host Andy's right to pull a post and I respect it.

I'm not questioning it.

I'm just not going to waste my time doing it again.

I "GET" why they MAY do packaging and promotions and just wanted to make sure I understood what the poster was trying to convey/question/inquire

I "GET" how group rates, room blocks, drop dates etc etc work for a hotels point of view and from the point of you who made the res. to block the rooms.

I "GET" how to do a complete cost analysis as if I was a corporation, but most importantly as a consumer

I realize there is no way for you to know that since my post is gone,.... I just DONT waste YOUR precious time wasted qouting my original post and offering any explanations.

Thanks,

K.

I realize there is no way for you to know that since my post is gone,.... I just DONT waste YOUR precious time wasted qouting my original post and offering any explanations.

Thanks,

K.

I think I am the only one on the thread who quoted you, and was just offering my opinion that the promo is odd in my opinion (meaning many/most people can figure out the savings on the air is just put back into the hotel rate).

I stayed at that hotel last Nov - if you do not have to use them to book, use the aircanada.com web site - I paid through them last year, and only paid $240.00 canadian for the room (one person - huge room).

I booked the King George last Nov through aircanada.com and paid $240.00 for a large room with balcony. Stayed one night, and used the ships transfer to hotel paid for a taxi to the airport - cost 30 Euro's - airport is not far from hotel 1/2 hour drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just booked a deal for the 4 Oct sailing Rome to Lisbon on Journey. The deal was free upgrade to a balcony and free 1 night pre cruise in Rome.

However since receiving confirmation I have found out the hotel that has been booked for me is not one of the quoted pre cruise hotels on the azamara web site but is actually a cheap and nasty business hotel, 30 mins outside of Rome on a busy main road. The hotel gets dreadful reviews on trip adviser, I don't think I have ever seen such bad reviews. Photos showing bathrooms covered in mildew, remarks about sticky filthy carpets and a whole host of complaints.

I rang my agent today to query it and she told me, well it's free isn't it..... Erm no it's part of a package deal costing over £2k.

She is ringing Azamara, I am waiting to hear.

Consequently I expect it's not worth waiting for sale deals but just book your own hotels for your own pre or post cruise stays.

Hopefully I will get mine changed as no way am I staying there. It's bizarre that they would book a low class disreputable hotel as part of a high end cruise offer? It just invites disappointed customers, bad reviews and complaints. Not what I expect from Azamara at all.

Best regards

Ingrid

Hi Ingrid,

That is awful...not something that you would even imagine happening. :confused: I'm surprised that your TA initially felt that it was acceptable because it's free. Was this (the free hotel) an offer on ACC's website, or something that your TA threw in? Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I have just booked a deal for the 4 Oct sailing Rome to Lisbon on Journey. The deal was free upgrade to a balcony and free 1 night pre cruise in Rome.

However since receiving confirmation I have found out the hotel that has been booked for me is not one of the quoted pre cruise hotels on the azamara web site but is actually a cheap and nasty business hotel, 30 mins outside of Rome on a busy main road. The hotel gets dreadful reviews on trip adviser, I don't think I have ever seen such bad reviews. Photos showing bathrooms covered in mildew, remarks about sticky filthy carpets and a whole host of complaints.

I rang my agent today to query it and she told me, well it's free isn't it..... Erm no it's part of a package deal costing over £2k.

She is ringing Azamara, I am waiting to hear.

Consequently I expect it's not worth waiting for sale deals but just book your own hotels for your own pre or post cruise stays.

Hopefully I will get mine changed as no way am I staying there. It's bizarre that they would book a low class disreputable hotel as part of a high end cruise offer? It just invites disappointed customers, bad reviews and complaints. Not what I expect from Azamara at all.

Best regards

Ingrid

Ingrid, try the Santa Maria Hotel in Trasterve. We have stayed there more than once and plan to do so again. It was in the top 5 on Trip Advisor for years. Breakfast is included and has been wonderful eating under the orange trees. It is in walking distance to St Peters (approx 20 minutes). Jewish Ghetto, and many of the best restaurants.

Btw, what hotel has Azamara booked you into? Is that 2,000 GBP per person?

Archived