Payne's ammenities/jet skis?

guntheros

Just wondering if you can rent jet skis on Payne's beach? We really want to swim with the turtles, but jet skiing also sounds fun! Do they have any other fun things to do? If we just wanted to spend a 1/2 day there, where else/what else would you do in Barbados?

Thanks,

Just wondering if you can rent jet skis on Payne's beach? We really want to swim with the turtles, but jet skiing also sounds fun! Do they have any other fun things to do? If we just wanted to spend a 1/2 day there, where else/what else would you do in Barbados?

Thanks,

Hi Nicole We are planning to visit Paynes beach and snorkel with the Turtles for a few hours and then to Carlise Bay beach to do some more snorkeling and finish up doing some shopping.

By some of the reviews they do rent jet skies there

Paul

see you on the ship 194 days to go

Happy 4th

Hi Nicole, yes you can rent jet skis on Paynes beach. I also wanted to swim with the Turtles, I thought about swimming out to them but in the end I decided to go out on the Glass Bottomed boat which was $20pp . I can highly recommend this option, we first went to a shipwreck which was great for snorkelling with a multitude of fish. Second stop was to where the Turtles gather. The boat skipper was also the guide and joined you in the water to point things out. When I was there in March this year, there were about 3-4 Turtles just swimming around your feet, I even got to touch one as it swam by. It was a moment that will stay with me forever.

Terry

Hi Nicole We are planning to visit Paynes beach and snorkel with the Turtles for a few hours

and then to Carlise Bay beach to do some more snorkeling

and finish up doing some shopping.

Duty_Free_Barbados.jpg

You can do quite a bit of shopping right in the cruise terminal

on your way back to the ship, 10 mins. before you get back on board!

Bridgetown_Cruise_Terminal.jpg

There's quite a variety of shops in the terminal

selling purty much the same stuff you'd get on Broad Street in the town itself

so no need to burden yourself with heavy parcels etc.

Hey there's even a cool Bar in there! :)

Bar-604.jpg

Aplmax; Thanks for the photos Just forgot how big the shopping area was at the dock

Last time there we spent over an hour outside waiting for our tour to pick us up. End up going with another sail group. Found out that we were the only cruise pass. to book that day's tour and was forgoten.

We got back just in time to catch the ship. They were pulling the steps away from the ship. So didn't see much

Paul

185 days to go

Hi Nicole, yes you can rent jet skis on Paynes beach. I also wanted to swim with the Turtles, I thought about swimming out to them but in the end I decided to go out on the Glass Bottomed boat which was $20pp . I can highly recommend this option, we first went to a shipwreck which was great for snorkelling with a multitude of fish. Second stop was to where the Turtles gather. The boat skipper was also the guide and joined you in the water to point things out. When I was there in March this year, there were about 3-4 Turtles just swimming around your feet, I even got to touch one as it swam by. It was a moment that will stay with me forever.

Terry

Did you book this before you went? OR is it just there at Payne's beach and you walked up? How was it getting in and out of the water for an older person? thanks

Hi Otis, no need to book, the guy with the glass bottomed boat will approach you. As for getting in/out of the boat, I believe there were steps at the back of the boat, which as with all boats can be somewhat difficult to use. But saying that, they should not present a problem for a person with reasonable mobility.

Terry

Archived