advice needed please

les127

hi all,anyone recommend a 2 week cruise in may 2012 for wife and i will be her 50th birthday,and would like somwhere special for her.we have tried cruise holiday one before on the ocean village in the caribbean about 6 years ago and we enjoyed it,only stipulation is it has to be warm weather for her,lol,thanks:)ps...i dont fancy a med cruise,anywhere else id consider,thanks again

We need a little more information, such as where you will be coming from, and what you expect from a cruise, other than warm weather. Since you have sailed OV, can I assume you are from the UK? Warm for you might mean 70F., whereas to many of us, warm is 85+F. The only lines sailing in the Caribbean in May will be Carnival and Royal Caribbean. If you consider Bermuda, you can sail other lines from NYC. EM

sorry yes im from uk,and would like the weather in the 80s and upwards,like excursions off the boat beaches/countryside,i mentioned carribean only because that was our only cruise,was looking more towards asia etc... something different,thanks

Have you considered the cruises from Dubai? We have done both the Red Sea (from Sharm with Thomson's) and Arabian Gulf (from Dubai with Costa). Both were at Easter so it was April time. I don't know if these cruises still go in May as it was getting hot by mid April but we thoroughly enjoyed both.

Apart from that, May is a bit of a transition month both cruise wise and weather wise. Many ships are transferring from the Caribbean to Europe and Alaska. Personally, I would visit a travel agent and discuss the possibilities with them.

We have done both the Red Sea (from Sharm with Thomson's) and Arabian Gulf (from Dubai with Costa). Both were at Easter so it was April time. I don't know if these cruises still go in May as it was getting hot by mid April but we thoroughly enjoyed both.

Apart from that, May is a bit of a transition month both cruise wise and weather wise. Many ships are transferring from the Caribbean to Europe and Alaska. Personally, I would visit a travel agent and discuss the possibilities with them.

I think your best bet is divorce. ;)

This may seem a bit drastic, but it would allow you to marry someone born in March or April.

Then you could cruise the Caribbean, possibly fly-out & cruise-back since ships re-position from Caribbean to Europe that time of year.

I think you're also just a month or so too late for Red Sea or Caribbean, but check out Thomson Red Sea, and P&O or Princess for direct fly/cruise to the Caribbean. I'd be inclined to avoid the few other Caribbean options for May, cos the travelling to/from is convoluted & involves US immigration.

It's also a little late in the year for SE Asia or South America, where there are some excellent itineraries.

Plenty of Med, Canaries, Black Sea options, including no-fly, but they involve either sea days and/or city ports-of-call in warm but not sweltering weather.

John Bull :)

May 2012 is a great month to cruise (any month is great to cruise).

I'm on the Costa Victoria Singapore to Shanghai 1st. - 18th. May 2012.

There are some great cruise just waiting.

Go on treat the Misses to something special - then get divorced.:D

Ron

Have you considered at b2b on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan? She sails an alternating route every other week so if you do a b2b the ports are different. The menu & the on board entertainment are the same however.

Have you considered at b2b on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan? She sails an alternating route every other week so if you do a b2b the ports are different. The menu & the on board entertainment are the same however.

By May 2012, Caribbean Princess will be sailing from the UK. TA starts 29 April. EM

By May 2012, Caribbean Princess will be sailing from the UK. TA starts 29 April. EM

So there's the answer. Chartered fly/cruise package to the Caribbean (Barbados, I think), easy transfer to ship (same as OV), a week or two cruising the Caribbean then stay on for the re-positioning cruise back to Blighty in May.

Re-positioning cruises involve a lot of sea-days but they're so cheap.

A lot cheaper than a divorce :D

JB :)

Archived