Snorkel Gear, boogie boards etc

We will be going on Liberty next April to HMC, San Juan, Grand Turk and St Thomas. Are you allowed to bring boogie boards and stuff on board or can you rent them and snorkel stuff cheaply in ports. Just wondering what people do. Also, are any floaty rings, water wings or anything allowed in the ship pools. Thanks

We will be going on Liberty next April to HMC, San Juan, Grand Turk and St Thomas. Are you allowed to bring boogie boards and stuff on board or can you rent them and snorkel stuff cheaply in ports. Just wondering what people do. Also, are any floaty rings, water wings or anything allowed in the ship pools. Thanks

Always bring my own snorkel gear.

Not big on using a mouthpiece that I have no idea of where it has been and how well it has been cleaned.

Alot of people just bring their mask and snorkel for packing sake. (just use the excursion company's fins)

I usually just slap a luggage tag on the bag my snorkel gear comes in.

So space isn't an issue for me. (but I never fly, so again, not an issue)

A boogie board on the other hand, is a space worthy consideration, IMO.

I'd just rent one, if it is a must for your group. (I would definitely assume you are not flying, with a boogie board.)

As for the water wings...

The ship pools are TINY.....

1,000 of the 2,000+ passengers at any given time, sharing 2 maybe 3 pools (depending on the ship) smaller than most people have in their own backyards.

Water wings don't take up much room.

But once you start bringing in water rings and water toys, the space is precious.

Hope that helps.

Happy cruisin.

Bill

We are flying. We are in Maui on vacation and took boogies on the plane from Honolulu, though they will probably stay here. Air Canada would probably treat them together as 1 bag and we are still allowed 1 per person. A lot of people buy them here and leave them, just wondered if people do that in Miami. We'll probably just stick with some inflatable stuff if necessary for the cruise ports.

We are flying. We are in Maui on vacation and took boogies on the plane from Honolulu, though they will probably stay here. Air Canada would probably treat them together as 1 bag and we are still allowed 1 per person. A lot of people buy them here and leave them, just wondered if people do that in Miami. We'll probably just stick with some inflatable stuff if necessary for the cruise ports.

Most stores, here in the south, near a beach, all sell stuff like boogie boards, etc....(I know even the grocery, drug, stores, Wal_marts, etc. here in Charleston, anywhere within 10-15 miles of a beach, sell that stuff)

I would imagine Miami would be even easier. (I know all the stores near Port Canaveral and Jacksonville do)

The buy it for the trip and leave it behind sounds like a great idea.

Once you get to the port, just slap a luggage tag on your boogie board, like I do my snorkle gear.

Bill

Carnival says no surfboards. While a boogie-board isnt a surfboard. Dont expect Carnival to know the difference. Besides, boogie boards are only useful in waves. Pretty boring if the water is flat. Which it probably will be.

Hell they take away stuff that Is allowed like surge strips and such.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=online+booking#q-544510

Archived