Who is cruising in October 2011?

dvg1027

I was disappointed because of a very minor weight loss this week, but I knew the reason why - I had not been exercising because of rain. I came across a thread with a group of people who are using the Wii Fit, and it reminded me that we have a brand new one. I refused to use it after my DH got on it on Christmas Day 2009 and it announced his weight out loud :eek: This weekend he moved it to an unused room for me, and with the doors shut, the volume turned down, and a password set, I tried it and loved it. It was a lot of fun, a good workout, and one of the best parts is that my progress will be easily tracked. I'm happy to be back on track.

The "announced his weight out loud" made me laugh this morning. Thanks ZoeyVictoria for my giggle of the day! Don't know a thing about the WiiFit, but I suppose anything that helps one get up and move is good.

Off for our usual morning walk, so I'd better get some walking clothes on. Don't think the neighbors would appreciate me walking around in my p.j's.:eek: Have a good day everyone.

I had a migraine yesterday that was bad enough to cause nausea, so on the way home from work (early), I stopped to buy the most "innocent" crackers I could find. I got whole-grain Wheat Thins, and I ate a lot of them. This morning I weighed an entire pound more than I did yesterday morning :eek: I hope it is just my body's response to my first bread-like carbs since August 7, and not a real weight gain. I wasn't able to use the Wii Fit, either. But today I am back on the diet and looking forward to tonight's exercise.

You are not alone, I notice if I eat any spagetti or macaroni, bread or anything not something I've been eating, the scales will creep up a bit.

Do not fret, when you are not feeling well you have to do what you need to do to feel better. When you got the crackers you knew to hunt for whole wheat, so it's not like you went on a binge just to see how many carbs you could cram into your mouth. I had a stomach problem the other day...just sort of low cramps ...must've been something I had eaten...so that day I didn't worry too much about dieting. I just ate what I felt like having, which wasn't much but you get the idea.;) You will do fine, just get back on schedule today.

I may as well tell you all we are leaving very soon, so I may not be posting for a bit. Are we going to keep going even after October or should we switch to another thread? Trying to finish up all the packing, clean house, finish the yard work etc. before we leave next week early. I've already decided I know what I need to do and even the cruise is not going to change my direction. This is how I must continue and I'm fine with it. Oh sure, I'm gonna splurge and have a few drinks but as long as I stay off the sweets, breads, carbs, etc. I know I will be fine. I have a new way of life.

Good luck everyone, keep up the good work. What we are doing is one of the biggest gifts you could ever give yourself....better health, and a better looking body to boot!!:cool:

You are not alone, I notice if I eat any spagetti or macaroni, bread or anything not something I've been eating, the scales will creep up a bit.

Do not fret, when you are not feeling well you have to do what you need to do to feel better. When you got the crackers you knew to hunt for whole wheat, so it's not like you went on a binge just to see how many carbs you could cram into your mouth. I had a stomach problem the other day...just sort of low cramps ...must've been something I had eaten...so that day I didn't worry too much about dieting. I just ate what I felt like having, which wasn't much but you get the idea.;) You will do fine, just get back on schedule today.

I may as well tell you all we are leaving very soon, so I may not be posting for a bit. Are we going to keep going even after October or should we switch to another thread? Trying to finish up all the packing, clean house, finish the yard work etc. before we leave next week early. I've already decided I know what I need to do and even the cruise is not going to change my direction. This is how I must continue and I'm fine with it. Oh sure, I'm gonna splurge and have a few drinks but as long as I stay off the sweets, breads, carbs, etc. I know I will be fine. I have a new way of life.

Good luck everyone, keep up the good work. What we are doing is one of the biggest gifts you could ever give yourself....better health, and a better looking body to boot!!:cool:

I personally would like to keep going on a new thread but one that keeps us reporting our successes on our weight loss. I have really enjoyed this thread and know it has helped me a bunch, its been a daily reminder to me about my weight and what i am doing about it. Thank you all for your well wishes, I am down to 8 lbs. lighter since joining and I think that's pretty darn good. Bought some new flat front pants with no elastic waist, love them plus they will let me know if I have veered off the WATCH YOUR WEIGHT AT YOUR AGE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP CRUISING IN COMFORT.Thanks Babs and have a safe wonderful time. You've been great. Hope to meet up with you again, or even on a ship. Sandy

I personally would like to keep going on a new thread but one that keeps us reporting our successes on our weight loss. I have really enjoyed this thread and know it has helped me a bunch, its been a daily reminder to me about my weight and what i am doing about it. Thank you all for your well wishes, I am down to 8 lbs. lighter since joining and I think that's pretty darn good. Bought some new flat front pants with no elastic waist, love them plus they will let me know if I have veered off the WATCH YOUR WEIGHT AT YOUR AGE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP CRUISING IN COMFORT.Thanks Babs and have a safe wonderful time. You've been great. Hope to meet up with you again, or even on a ship. Sandy

Just let us all know what you are going to call it, since October will be here before we know it. Anyway, since I won't be posting much, please post where we are going to go; maybe just come up with another good name. I've enjoyed this a lot too, and I do think it keeps you honest by telling each other the weight, the gain or loss, etc. We are looking forward to the trip and the cruise, for sure; can't wait in fact. I love the ocean, just water in general, love to swim, so I'm definitely a water person. Even have Don convinced he likes water and cruising, though he's far from the nut I am over it. He still books all of them, and by the time we get home from the last one, he's already checking out the next one.

Good luck everyone and keep on working your program whatever it is.:)

Let's keep it going under another name. It's been very beneficial to read the ups/downs/in-betweens as we stive to meet our individual goals.

What should we name our new thread?

Enjoy your cruise Welovetocruisetoo!

Everyone else...hang in there with the good weight loss goals!

I'm down 12 lbs. and hit a goal for a family wedding we're going to tomorrow night. After that I hope to shave another 4-5 lbs. off before cruising on October 14th. I think that is a realistic goal, but will need lots of encouragement to meet that goal.

Good luck to all!

Whatever you think is just fine with me; just let me know. I will try to come up with some kind of name or we could just maybe add "continuing on" to the name we already have? Or would they let us do that? My brain is tired tonight, so sorry I just can't think. I worked hard today and am just pooped tonight.

I also would like to continue so if you come up with a good name to call our thread that is fine or else if someone else can.

Don's brother is not coming here, couldn't convince his son to drive the interstate I suppose.

Ready to shower and hit the hay early tonight I think.:eek:

We could name it: " October and other cruises"????

Will go look for it right this minute. Thanks for giving us a new name and a new thread.

It rained here today so I didn't get to do much outside; had hoped to finish up but it will be there tomorrow. We leave Tuesday morning early and I don't like to put much off to the last day. Tomorrow I will spray the edges of all my flower beds and perhaps clip the two big shrubs in the front of the house. Did them earlier but they've grown too high already so need it again. Glad for the rain, know we needed it but I would sure have loved to have finished things today. Oh well....;)

Archived