Who is cruising in October 2011?

dvg1027

Alright darn it what gives? I'm killing myself with two a days reducing the carbs, increased the protein and staying within the WW parameters and still gained .6!

Ok my rant is over! Just had to put it out there. My goal weight is 130. I currently weigh 138.4. However, I keep creeping back up it seems the better I do the more I gain. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a change of life s you get older woman thing???? Goodness gracious I could really use a clue!

Blam- Good to see a cruising buddy on here! You'll keep me focussed for sure because someone can testify to the end results!!! I'll do the same for you nd then on board we can celebrate our successes with my buddies Ben and Jerry. (they're in the ice cream business in case ya didn't catch that. Speaking of Dairy...I am a huge Goat cheese fn because it's caloric intake is the lowest of all cheese including feta and lets face it it tastes great! Currently I am hooked on 1 egg white with heirloom tomatoes and half a toasted English muffin for 2 points for bfst. yummy good stuff!

Sandy- Blambky and I are sailing to the Western Caribbean on RC. What is the Azamara Journey? Also...keep in mind the scales are only one way to measure success. Buy a measuring tape and reord inches of everything.

Welovetocruise- Welcome! I think you have the right idea about a lifestyle change. I just want to get into the life body shape I want before I concede to the forever change. Meaning...I want to hard core diet and excercise and then try like heck to maintain it for life!

Wayfairer- You sound like me I have a huge weight span of yoyo bounce! I also love doing P90X. Are you doing lean or classic?

My weight tends to go up and down too and the other day on Oprah, Bob Greene said ones body weight will fluctuate up and down daily or even hourly. He recommended only weighing once a month. I've been weighing myself each morning as soon as I get up, thinking well this should be my "true weight right?" If you stick with it, you will reach your goal. I want to be healthy and I want to look better too. Already my clothes are fitting so much better and I tried on a bathing suit the other day that I haven't worn in eons and it didn't look half bad. I'm not saying I will take it on our October cruise but I'm thinking about it at least. Also I can wear a lot of really good clothes I hadn't been able to fit into for a long time. So what I'm saying is try not to focus on the scales or the weight you've lost as much as "am I doing the right thing, am I eating the right things and are my clothes fitting looser now?" Stick to it, you will reach your goal ...only 8 more pounds or so and you will be there. You can do this!! I know you can, I know I can and I know we all can. Just keep in focus!!

;):)

I will join this thread as I am also cruising in October and NEED to get motivated.

Welcome to our little group!. Hope we can motivate you. We'll certainly try!

Tell us something about yourself or about your struggle to lose weight. Do you love chocolate? I do! Sweets are my biggest hurdle and if I could no longer want sweets my life would be so much simpler. We all have our struggles and we hope we can help each other get to whatever goal you've set for yourself. It is a challenge but I think we are up for that challenge!:)

Alright darn it what gives? I'm killing myself with two a days reducing the carbs, increased the protein and staying within the WW parameters and still gained .6!

Ok my rant is over! :) Just had to put it out there. My goal weight is 130. I currently weigh 138.4. However, I keep creeping back up it seems the better I do the more I gain. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a change of life s you get older woman thing???? Goodness gracious I could really use a clue! :)

Blam- Good to see a cruising buddy on here! You'll keep me focussed for sure because someone can testify to the end results!!! :) I'll do the same for you nd then on board we can celebrate our successes with my buddies Ben and Jerry. (they're in the ice cream business in case ya didn't catch that. :)) Speaking of Dairy...I am a huge Goat cheese fn because it's caloric intake is the lowest of all cheese including feta and lets face it it tastes great! Currently I am hooked on 1 egg white with heirloom tomatoes and half a toasted English muffin for 2 points for bfst. :) yummy good stuff!

Sandy- Blambky and I are sailing to the Western Caribbean on RC. What is the Azamara Journey? Also...keep in mind the scales are only one way to measure success. Buy a measuring tape and reord inches of everything. :)

Welovetocruise- Welcome! I think you have the right idea about a lifestyle change. I just want to get into the life body shape I want before I concede to the forever change. Meaning...I want to hard core diet and excercise and then try like heck to maintain it for life!

Wayfairer- You sound like me I have a huge weight span of yoyo bounce! I also love doing P90X. Are you doing lean or classic?

Sandy here. Thanks so much for turning me on to the measuring tape. Scales just make me to upset. I'll try the tape. About the Azamara Journey, It is a midsize ship. There is 2 of them Quest and Journey. They are Celebrity's smaller ships carrying only 6-8 hundred passengers. We found the Quest to be so enjoyable and we are looking to really enjoy the Journey on our TA cruise. They seem to attract an older clientele which hubby and I are. I have bounced back and forth in the past but stay focused now to stay healthy, so I can continue to cruise a couple times a year. If the weight comes off I feel it is a PLUS for my effort. Keep exercising ya'll and I hope you have a great weekend. Kent & Sandy

Sandy here. Thanks so much for turning me on to the measuring tape. Scales just make me to upset. I'll try the tape. About the Azamara Journey, It is a midsize ship. There is 2 of them Quest and Journey. They are Celebrity's smaller ships carrying only 6-8 hundred passengers. We found the Quest to be so enjoyable and we are looking to really enjoy the Journey on our TA cruise. They seem to attract an older clientele which hubby and I are. I have bounced back and forth in the past but stay focused now to stay healthy, so I can continue to cruise a couple times a year. If the weight comes off I feel it is a PLUS for my effort. Keep exercising ya'll and I hope you have a great weekend. Kent & Sandy

Hey Sandy, where do these two ships cruise out of? So Azamara belongs to Celebrity then? I wasn't aware of that. Do they have similar perks as Celebrity does? I think we would love the size as we are not into the really large ships. 6 to 8 hundred sounds good to me.

Hi my name is Kait and I will be 30 in August. My girlfriends and I are going on a 30th birthday cruise... My goal is to lose 25 lbs before my cruise Oct. 16, I started WW last week and going to the gym. I attend 2 days of water aerobics this week and have a goal of two this week and 2 days in the gym.

I have never been able to zip line (because of my weight) and I have prepaid for a zip line adventure while in Cabo! My goal is so close and then I can mark something off of my bucket list!! :D

Hi my name is Kait and I will be 30 in August. My girlfriends and I are going on a 30th birthday cruise... My goal is to lose 25 lbs before my cruise Oct. 16, I started WW last week and going to the gym. I attend 2 days of water aerobics this week and have a goal of two this week and 2 days in the gym.

I have never been able to zip line (because of my weight) and I have prepaid for a zip line adventure while in Cabo! My goal is so close and then I can mark something off of my bucket list!! :D

Welcome Kait and I admire you for going ahead and booking the zip line before you actually get to your goal. That is great. It looks like a lot of fun but this ole gal would never do that; I'm afraid of heights and something like that would scare the dickens out of me. Congratulations on all your workouts; that will really help you reach your goal faster.

Have a great day everyone and happy "losing"!;)

Let me say upfront I have used ALL of my daily points, ALL of my weekly points in the past and still showed GOOD weight loss. BUT... :confused: I am curious how you figure AP points on those hard to calculate things. Like my C25K training, I KNOW it increases my appetite and would like to use my extra APs on the weekend.

Another example- the other day I kept my friends 4 year old little girl, while her babysiter was out of town. She loves the pool but seldom gets to go. Where did we go? To the pool, of course, for 7 hours. :eek: (Don't worry sunblock once an hour, and no sunburns!) :D Another friend of mine came along with her DD, who is friends with the little girl I was watching. Was I swimming the whole time, no but was moving, generally playing in the water with my friend and 3 kiddos. Would you count this as playing with children?

:rolleyes: ok, so I guess my main issue w/weight loss in general is I have a all or nothing mentality. I do not like guessing. I TRY to make good educated guesses but have a hard time not chucking it all on a day where I really do not know where I stand.

Hope everyone is doing well and I would appreciate your opinions.

Sounds like an AWESOME start! Curious, do you have to lose all 25 to be able to do the zip line? I have read that some have been weighed :eek: before going. Not to discourage you, just giving you a heads up!:o

How far into the trip is that excursion? I would make sure to drink double the water 'cause I am guessing that our bodies will react quickly on the ship to the eating changes. :D YEP, I expect to gain some of my weight back.

I look forward to cheering all your progress and hearing how much you enjoyed your 30th birthday cruise!:D

I will join this thread as I am also cruising in October and NEED to get motivated.

Do you have a plan of attack?:p Sometimes I find that I just have to start and motivation follows, not always but sometimes.:o Welcome aboard, let us know how we can help!

Nicoletodd-

Don't panic! That is just a small up and it could be a whole list of things. I have had a small gain in the past followed by GOOD :D loss. When weight training, I did not lose a pound for a year but I would have people often ask, How much weight have you lost? My body, not my weight, was changing. Just keep swimming along.

:confused: Are you eating all your points? If you are exercising more, your body needs those calories and the protein to help you build that muscle. Are you drinking enough water? Allow this to be a helpful check up and not a set back. Come on you CAN do it! And I can not wait to gush about how GREAT you look this October!;)

I'll have to find some goat cheese, love that stuff! After college I piled, think 25 lbs, and I thought it was all the goat cheese I was eating. Hmmm... Maybe it was all the sleeves of Ritz crackers that I spread them on! YIKES!!!

Hi Sandy and thanks for your welcome. I am determined to lose some more weight but will admit it is not easy. I have thyroid cancer so that challenge, my age, and other things that contribute to the difficulty in losing. I decided the word "diet" was not what I needed, but rather a completely new way of viewing food. Normally when I got stressed I would turn to something sweet to make me feel better. Those "white" things are really bad for us and I've learned that. So I seldom eat bread, potatoes, sugar, etc.

My goal is to lose quite a lot more but I am not setting a specific number. I just want to be healthier and on the way if I look better then that is great too!

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, but it sounds like you have a very positive outlook! My friend has breast cancer and motivates me to make the most of my health and not beat myself up during set backs. Welcome!

I do lean P90X - I try to complete it once a year.. usually in the fall. LOVE the way it makes me feel. I usually weigh my heaviest when doing P90X but lose inches so that tells me I am losing more muscle than I think when I am not doing P90X.

I agree with others on this thread that measuring inches is more important than measuring weight. Hard to not keep an eye on weight though.

Yesterday I was a real slug and read or worked on excursions for our October cruise all day. Having so many ports to plan takes a while! Anyway, I hope to get more exercise today :)

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, but it sounds like you have a very positive outlook! My friend has breast cancer and motivates me to make the most of my health and not beat myself up during set backs. Welcome!

A little Sunday Humor: I discovered It's the shampoo I use in the shower. When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and (DUH)! Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this message- " FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY" No wonder I have been gaining weight!!! Well!! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap instead. Its label read " DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE." Problem solved!! So if I don't check in very often... I'm in the shower. Hope we all stay true to our own promises this coming week and stay faithfully working to be the healthy, happy person we want to be. Sandy

A little Sunday Humor: I discovered It's the shampoo I use in the shower. When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and (DUH)! Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this message- " FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY" No wonder I have been gaining weight!!! Well!! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap instead. Its label read " DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE." Problem solved!! So if I don't check in very often... I'm in the shower. Hope we all stay true to our own promises this coming week and stay faithfully working to be the healthy, happy person we want to be. Sandy

I love that joke about using Dawn instead of volume shampoo! Just laughed my fool head off.

I wasn't very good yesterday as we were over in Ohio to a Hummel auction so I did eat a few things (provided by the auctioneer) I should have stayed away from. Today I am trying harder to behave myself and yes, I do try to keep as positive as I can. Being negative only gets you deeper into that hole none of us want to go into. Hang in there gals, we can do this!!!!

I even went shopping in this heat and bought a new long dress to take on my next cruise. It's strapless and very cute but oh well who cares if I'm old and gray. :p Made me feel good and so I bought it and it fit and was a smaller size than normal too.;)

:D You are a GENUIS!!! Thanks for the laugh!:D

Celerbrating our son's birthday today, so we went out to lunch. The meal I ordered was terrible, never saw such horrible pieces of what was supposed to be "pepper steak"??:( So I didn't eat much, guess that works for dieting, right? Anyhow I'll likely be snacky later on since I didn't eat much.

One thing I'm trying hard to do is drink more water. ;)

Celerbrating our son's birthday today, so we went out to lunch. The meal I ordered was terrible, never saw such horrible pieces of what was supposed to be "pepper steak"??:( So I didn't eat much, guess that works for dieting, right? Anyhow I'll likely be snacky later on since I didn't eat much.

One thing I'm trying hard to do is drink more water. ;)

Remember, WATER,FIBER,EXERCISE, daily and you'll be in good shape. Had almost the same experience with a luncheon steak. YUCK, sure throws you off your dieting efforts. I always order double vegetables now instead of potatoes and or rice. So I filled up with veggies and took the steak home to my dog. I also try to drink plenty of water before I start to exercise as your muscles need water to move right. Have a nice evening. Sandy

Remember, WATER,FIBER,EXERCISE, daily and you'll be in good shape. Had almost the same experience with a luncheon steak. YUCK, sure throws you off your dieting efforts. I always order double vegetables now instead of potatoes and or rice. So I filled up with veggies and took the steak home to my dog. I also try to drink plenty of water before I start to exercise as your muscles need water to move right. Have a nice evening. Sandy

Hey Sandy, This was at an oriental place (our son loves sushi so he picked a new restaurant) and I won't be going back. It was the oddest pieces of "steak" I ever laid eyes on. More like the texture of liver actually, so needless to say I ate very little. I did order brown rice but didn't even eat 1/3 of it.

I suppose I should be taking more fiber so will start that and maybe that will help. Re: exercise, until it cools down so I can start walking about all I do along those lines is use a few weights and some of the pulley ropes. Its just been too hot for me to do much outside. (I know excuses excuses! :o) I'm not very motivated right now for some reason and I know I've got to get busy or I'm not going to lose any more before we leave on our trip west.:p

Hey Sandy, This was at an oriental place (our son loves sushi so he picked a new restaurant) and I won't be going back. It was the oddest pieces of "steak" I ever laid eyes on. More like the texture of liver actually, so needless to say I ate very little. I did order brown rice but didn't even eat 1/3 of it.

I suppose I should be taking more fiber so will start that and maybe that will help. Re: exercise, until it cools down so I can start walking about all I do along those lines is use a few weights and some of the pulley ropes. Its just been too hot for me to do much outside. (I know excuses excuses! :o) I'm not very motivated right now for some reason and I know I've got to get busy or I'm not going to lose any more before we leave on our trip west.:p

Thats ok to slow down when the weather gets hot. I tried to convince myself I was going to walk after dinner. Lasted three whole times. I either forgot it, or felt it was still to hot, so I have bagged that idea. The CD's that I work out to are Denise Austins.She has a web site. I think weights are important, I always hope they keep the fatty parts of my arms a little better than if I didn't use weights at all.I also do a few stretches before I get out of bed, it really helps. If you have ever watched animals you'll notice they always stretch when they wake up. Try something different for a week and maybe you'll get perked up. Have a nice week. Sandy

Thanks Sandy,

I will try the stretching; I know its good for us anytime, but will try it before I get up. I normally just hop right up and run take my morning medicine. Synthroid has to be taken before I can eat so it is the first thing I do each morning. I am heading now to do some weights. Oh yeah, the older I get the flabbier my arms get...so one reason I like to use the weights and the pulleys too. I will perk up, just have a down day now and then but I don't wallow in self pity as I know I'm much luckier than most.:)

Dllyon, Just wanted to pop in and say, since I am really on a positive weight loss program before our Nov. cruise I have chose to go the lemon route also. Lately I went a little farther with it tho and find it to be very pleasant also. Now when we go out to eat I request only lemon slices to be my salad dressing rather than my favorite Ranch Dressing. I have not had a problem with any restaurant so far. Have a great Sunday. Sandy

Sandy, thanks for the lemon idea. I will try that next time we go out.

I have not had any problem in restaurant asking for just grill, no spices, only steamed veggies.

Figure if they won't do it, I will say ok, can I have my bill for what we had and go somewhere else. But I never had to do that, hopefully I will not need to.

HI All, I need to cry on someones shoulder, I did not tell my husband because he always says he is proud of me.

I weighed myself on Thursday morning and (well I can't say my weigh, because I wish I was a 140). But anyways, I was 1.5 pounds from my goal for this month. I just want to lose 5lb a month to change my life style habits. But I weighed myself on Tuesday because I said to myself I feel thinner, but I gained 2.5 lb. I did not do anything, I did not eat anything, what happened. I felt really defeated, but I will pick myself up and hope for better results on Aug 1st.

I have 25lb to go before my doctor will be happy (I had a hip replacement and have to be a certain weight for my hip to work good). But I plan on going at least 15lb past that.

I'm really hoping to be 10-15lb down before my cruise on Oct 12

Bye all

Yep, I had my WW weigh in this morning and +4. :mad: So yes, I am going to act like a big old baby for a few minutes and stomp around. I am P I S S E D! But will that help me keep going?:rolleyes: Nope.:( I will just keep swimming, even if it is against the current. I ran & used Curves Smart last week, so possibly it could be muscle gain. Regardless, I am going to just keep swimming.:o

BUT, I do not want anyone to think, that when I post encouraging post to your +s, that I have not been there. I have before, I am today and :eek: logically, I know I will be in the future. I know it STINKS!

You swim faster, when you're mad right?!:D

We can do this!

Archived