OASIS - June 25th Review

Orbiting the Earth?

Coming too close to the sun?

No, that was Icarus. ;)

:) - Thanks for trying to explain. I honestly didn't get the humor until I read ALSEAU's comment and explanation! I still don't get the relation to the kid balloon-boy that made the news, but Im blonde, so will chalk it up to that. lmao

Thanks for reading!! :)

Wow, CruiseDivaNJ. . . I am loving loving, loving your review ! :D

I feel like I am back onboard, and I am really enjoying your pics !

Keep them coming, please ! It seems that you guys had a great time . . .:)

Thanks again Stacey !

Radio

;);)

As you know, I wasn't as excited for Oasis as my other cruises. But, you are right, I had a great time! Thanks for reading and for the compliments!!

:):D

Great review! I am glued...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for reading!

I see you're using Tapatalk for Droid X.....last I read on here before I left on my cruise was some negativity about it and how CC wasnt supporting the app - I guess its time to plug in!

Do you like Tapatalk?

As you know, I wasn't as excited for Oasis as my other cruises. But, you are right, I had a great time! Thanks for reading and for the compliments!!

:):D

Thanks for sharing that you weren't as excited about this cruise. I'm feeling the same way about our upcoming Allure cruise, and am hoping that it's just pre-cruise jitters and unnecessary second guessing myself. From reviews like yours, I can see that we will have a great time.

PS: That chocolate martini looks wonderful!!! :)

Great review. We go in August so its great to read reviews and get excited! Where did you catch the ferry over to Columbus beach? Also wondering if that beach has the clamshell canopy chairs? Look forward to the rest of your trip report!

There was a line for the ferry as soon as we disembarked on the pier at Labadee. Since this ferry wasn't available on our last cruise (explorer) we're surmising that it is used for the Oasis class ships.

No clamshell canopy loungers on columbus cove beach, but plenty of shade from palm trees and smooth sand getting into the ocean.

How come that chocolate martini looks completely different from the one that I had on Oasis??? :confused: This one looks really good!:)

MMMmmmm.....it was very, very good! Awww, now Im in the mood and it is nowhere near noon! lol

Maybe you had to go up to VCL for this one!? :D

This was nice! Unless invited, you can not get to the helipad on Oasis. Im not sure whether it is a Diamond event or the invite went to all C&A members. I have to find the invite, Im sure DH brought it home with other paperwork.

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

Everyone took pictures with King Julian. This is the Hotel Director. He made a fabulous speech - the Master (blew) the horn a few times (even when a glass fell and broke, if I recall correctly, lol)

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

I just returned from a 10-day trip to the Adirondacks (no email/computer/phone access!) and was going through cruise critic withdrawals. Imagine my surprise to come back and find Cruise Diva's review....happiness! I love our annual trip to the cabin on the lake, but I miss my cruise critic fix when I'm gone!

Tonight we had dinner reservations at Izumi. Wow, I have to admit, I was quite impressed. We are admitted sushi-snobs, (if you didn’t read earlier in this review, we stopped into izumi on boarding day to make sure they could prepare our sushi rolls with soy paper). While waiting a few minutes for our table at Izumi we strolled through the Windjammer. It seemed to be very, very limited. DH took pics of the stations offered.

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

More on Izumi in my next post!

I just returned from a 10-day trip to the Adirondacks (no email/computer/phone access!) and was going through cruise critic withdrawals. Imagine my surprise to come back and find Cruise Diva's review....happiness! I love our annual trip to the cabin on the lake, but I miss my cruise critic fix when I'm gone!

Thank you, Buffet fan! I hope you come back and enjoy the rest of my review!

I honestly didn't get the humor until I read ALSEAU's comment and explanation! I still don't get the relation to the kid balloon-boy that made the news, but Im blonde, so will chalk it up to that. lmao

There wasn't one until you made the connection. ;)

Yes, I meant the statue outside of Johnny Rockets. Sorry for the confusion. :)

We began Sail Away in the cool comfort of Viking Crown lounge.

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

Ciao Ft. Lauderdale, Sea ya’ soon!

Then some of us from roll call met up at the Sky bar. It wasn't a very active roll call and other then our pretty faces, some of us were going on hope to recognize each other. There was an alternate private group to post a pic, but that wasnt too popular either. Any way, it was great to meet those that showed up. Shout out to Tim & Chrissa for the t shirt! That was super nice of you guys!

I have a stupid question. Is the Viking crown lounge open to all passengers, or just D+ and suite guests? Just wondering because I will be on my first ever cruise aboard the oasis in august.

Great Review!

You took all the photos that I didn't get to take.

You also mentioned the absurd placement of the electrical outlets (at least there are two instead of just one like another ship) under the desk.

Izumi's looked good. I would have loved to have tried it, but my girlfriend doesn't believe in paying extra for dinner unless it's steak.

Did you ride the Rising Tide bar at all?

I have a stupid question. Is the Viking crown lounge open to all passengers, or just D+ and suite guests? Just wondering because I will be on my first ever cruise aboard the oasis in august.

It's open to everyone (unless there's a special activity or party going on, and then a section of it might be closed off for a few hours).

Viking Crown Lounge is open to everyone. As far as DH and I could figure out, it is the only bar/lounge on Oasis where you can see the outdoors.

Enjoy your Oasis cruise!! :D

Great Review!

You took all the photos that I didn't get to take.

You also mentioned the absurd placement of the electrical outlets (at least there are two instead of just one like another ship) under the desk.

Izumi's looked good. I would have loved to have tried it, but my girlfriend doesn't believe in paying extra for dinner unless it's steak.

Did you ride the Rising Tide bar at all?

Rising Tide was at the very top of our To do list and we actually never made it there! :o

Sushi trumps steak! :D

Oh I definitely will! And then I'll have to catch up with you on your FB page too...I'm so far behind ;-)

Nice. Have you already joined my FB group? Thank you so much for being a part of it. I am grateful to all that join, contribute, recommend to their cruising friends and family. So, thank you. :)

Rising Tide was at the very top of our To do list and we actually never made it there! :o

Sushi trumps steak! :D

Nice. Have you already joined my FB group? Thank you so much for being a part of it. I am grateful to all that join, contribute, recommend to their cruising friends and family. So, thank you. :)

Yes, I'm already part of your FB family...love it! Between you and Mark/Radio, I get my cruise fix in between cruises! Keep up the great work!

MMmmm, yummy! While not Nobu or Morimoto’s, for me sushi on board has been long awaited for. Izumi proved to be very good. Everything tasted yummy and delicious.

Edamame and Miso soup are complimentary (oops, forgot to take pics)

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.....

MMmmm, yummy! While not Nobu or Morimoto’s, for me sushi on board has been long awaited for. Izumi proved to be very good. Everything tasted yummy and delicious.

Edamame and Miso soup are complimentary (oops, forgot to take pics)

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.....

Serious nommage there. Tell my girlfriend that sushi trumps steak! Or maybe I need another girlfriend . . .

This was nice! Unless invited, you can not get to the helipad on Oasis. Im not sure whether it is a Diamond event or the invite went to all C&A members. I have to find the invite, Im sure DH brought it home with other paperwork.

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

Everyone took pictures with King Julian. This is the Hotel Director. He made a fabulous speech - the Master (blew) the horn a few times (even when a glass fell and broke, if I recall correctly, lol)

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

Is that all the time or just sailaway. I went on the helipad on the Mariner but we were in port. It was nice.

Is that all the time or just sailaway. I went on the helipad on the Mariner but we were in port. It was nice.

It is just the Oasis class ships that they do not allow passengers on the Helipad at any time. Well, Oasis anyway - someone can help me out if it is the same on Allure. (I would guess it is)

Archived