Liberty, Glory or ?? - Eastern Caribbean

pimentel7

I was on the Dream last year, the ship was good but IMO it wasnt that special. Try looking at the itineraries and see what would best suit you. I really liked St. Thomas and Grand Turk was fun too.

The "boat" is a great bonus but my first choice is always the date, followed by the itinerary then ship! If you plan to stay on the ship every day then make your decision on that. Last year we did the Dream, this year Allure of the Seas, and next year the Liberty! Make your cruise based on your priorities.

We had to pick between the Glory and Valor for a Western route. Same days, same price, same ports (different order). But they had different times in the ports because the Glory went one way and Valor went the other. I chose the Glory because of the port times.

Ships were the same, times in port is what sold us.

enjoy,

Duane

I choose based on where I live. I dont see where you live so hard to say. Magic will be going out of Galveston, so it doesnt really do a eastern. .. its a stretch to call Bahamas and Key West Eastern Caribbean.

Its at least a change for us, but not what most would call eastern.

Dates, Ports, ship.... thats my order...

BTW.. love the Liberty and the ports it sails on it's Eastern Itinerary. Loved the ship enough to like that we will be sailing our next cruise on it too...

The Magic would be cool... but too far away for where we live...

We sailed on the Dream last year and while we had a good time, I did not think the ship or our cruise experience was anything special and much prefer the Conquest class ships which includes the Glory and the Liberty. I don't think I will ever sail on the Magic because I was not impressed with the Dream, didn't think it was worth the extra money and don't plan on ever sailing on her again.

The Liberty is our favorite Carnival ship...we just sailed on her again in May and already booked a cruise on this ship for May 2012. She will be going into drydock in the fall and I'm looking forward to sailing on the Liberty again (maybe with new flat screen TV's and a Serenity deck??). Love the decor on the Liberty, the Carnival staff we interacted with were all very pleasant and eager to please. The food in the main dining room was all good with the exception of a few fish entrees. The itinerary we sailed included Half Moon Cay (as spectacular as other posters have described) and Grand Turk (another beautiful island escape). We also loved our stops in St. Thomas and San Juan. I was looking for an itinerary that did not stop in Nassau and this one was perfect for us.

I loved both the Liberty and the Glory

Liberty is (IMHO) the prettiest Carnival ship out there

Glory had really good service...very efficient ....clean...great food...loved the serenity deck...loved the cabins...

both are great

one thing to consider....John Heald is saying that Liberty will have 'big" exciting changes in her drydock...we know she will get serenity deck but many think she will have her (former) cigar bar redone into the Red Frog Pub like the one on the Magic

either ship should be great....figure out which is more convenient for you, best price etc

Enjoy

We choose based on....

Dates

Price

Ship Class

Then, all things considered, we try to cruise a ship we have yet to sail!

Next year, we have a choice of the Freedom, Valor or Breeze.... same itinerary, in October or November. Most likely the Freedom will win, but not based on the ship... based on the better week for my sister in law who is going to watch my kids!

The Liberty seems to be a popular choice. If the Liberty and Glory are Conquest class ships, what class is the Dream, and is it bigger? Also, I seem to remember reading that one of the Florida ports is much easier to fly into and cruise from........does snyone know if that is true?

The Liberty seems to be a popular choice. If the Liberty and Glory are Conquest class ships, what class is the Dream, and is it bigger? Also, I seem to remember reading that one of the Florida ports is much easier to fly into and cruise from........does snyone know if that is true?

The Dream is the first in the "Dream" class...larger, they don't have the tiered deck at the pool, and they have no cigar bar but have a :flowing: space that is piano bar, bar , indoor outdoor, some side hanging jacuzzi's etc

The "easy" FL port is Ft Lauderdale ....where the port and airport are so close, very easy to get to, most hotels in the area offer free shuttles to/from both...

Lauderdale is often a bit cheaper in airfares also, depending where u live

Freedom sails out of Ft Lauderdale (it is a Conquest class ship, same as Liberty and Glory)

Archived