Should we be allowed to post "solo cruiser roll calls" here?

CruisinLJ

I know what the rules say... ALL roll calls are to be handled in the roll call forum. BUT... How many posts have they removed in this forum because me, like many, think that it makes sense to have solo cruisers post here... I am more comfortable sending my roll call to like minded individuals than out to the families and others that wouldn't care about it. Besides, if you're surfing this board, you're most likely a solo cruiser or one of the many members that offer their view of cruising to everyone, solo or not.

All of the people like me have posted solo/single rolls calls here and had them deleted. Which leads to my follow up question... when the hosts see them, why not just move it to the roll call boards? Oops... that's probably in the rules. (silly me for not taking a coule hours to review and study them ;) )

I guess the reall big question is... what is the big deal? Oh... and please don't cut and paste the rule here... i've read it. It just seems like this should be more free, more casual... especially because we're all here talking about fun vacations.

I guess, the bigger questions is... does this post get deleted because it disagrees with the hosts rules or do they leave it open for discussion. Time will tell.

If they leave it open, let me know your thoughts. even if you disagree. Please don't get a lecture going or get righteous, no matter what side you're on. Just looking to get a valuable discussion going. If I'm in the minority, OK, if not, maybe the host will offer us support for a change.

Thanks for listening. time to go to the roll call board and post my 'search for solos' post :D

KEEP ON CRUISIN'

Well, there is past practice of allowing separate roll calls on other boards. Crystal has their roll calls right there ON that board. So I can't see what the problem would be with that here.

From the Forum Registration Agreement we all agree to follow when registering for membership:

... If you have any questions about how our community is moderated, please address them to our Community Manager via e-mail at community@cruisecritic.com. Please do not post on the boards...

From the Management of this Community section in the Guidelines we all also agree to follow when registering for membership:

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice. All decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final.

If you have comments or concerns regarding the management of this community, please address them to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Also per our Community Manager LauraS in the Who Are We? section in FAQ:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS

Community Manager

Cruise Critic

community@cruisecritic.com

As stated in the Who are Hosts? The Community Manager? section in FAQ:

...The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com

Hosts/Moderators are not management or employed by Cruise Critic. We are non-paid volunteers following the Moderator Handbook given to us by LauraS. And by the way, the Handbook tells us to copy and paste "the rules" into posts such as this one. 05.gif

An e-mail to management is the correct procedure for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place so they will be seen. It is impossible for management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns. Therefore, posting them on the message board does not help. It violates the Guidelines and anyone doing so runs the risk of losing their posting privileges.

All e-mails sent to Cruise Critic from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record are answered in the order received. With 723,007 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action.

Crystal Cruises is a cruise line that so far, does not have a Roll Call forum. Therefore, Crystal Roll Call threads should appear in the All Other Cruise Lines Roll Call Forum. I'm not the host assigned to the Crystal Cruises forum so I cannot help on why Roll Calls are there instead of in the All Other Cruise Lines Roll Call Forum.

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so our members could "meet up and chat with" other Cruise Critic members on the same cruise on-line before the cruise. All we ask is that you keep Roll Call type discussions on your existing Roll Call thread in the Roll Call forums and keep the other forums open for general cruise discussions according to forum topic. The topic for this forum is shown in the little box above:

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?

Last time I checked, Solo Cruisers is not a cruise line. 05.gif

Regarding moving a thread from here to a Roll Call forum, remember there should be only one Roll Call thread per sail date. Moving threads from this forum to a Roll Call forum would create additional threads for the same sail date. Hosts assigned to the Roll Call forums already have enough on their hands trying to keep up with the ones they have. 05.gif

Since this thread contains discussion of management policies, procedures and post deletions, it should be removed without notice per the Guidelines. Instead, I am closing the thread so this reply can be seen.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived