sheraton and wyndham recent visits?

TimmyKai

I am so glad we picked the Sheriton and the jitney #10 to get there. It was a perfect time. The Sheritons beach was beautiful and had everything we needed/wanted. The pools were great too!! Not very many people at all. We even ran into Carnival Cruise workers enjoying the beach. Thanks so much for sharing this information!!

Hi TimmyKai,

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Sheraton! My mom and I will be in port this coming September and we're still deciding on whether to book a day pass there or do the Blue Lagoon beach day excursion through Carnival. Did you eat or drink anything while visiting the Sheraton? What was the atmosphere like - quiet, or more lively? What time frame did you go?

Thanks!

Amy

Amy we didn't eat anything while there. We were only in port until 1:30. For us it was quite. The eating places outdoors were covered and had some people but not many. We were there on a Sunday too.

To take Jitney #10, did you have to have Bahamian money, or will they accept the dollar? Same with the Sheritan, will they take American Cash? Some of my roll call buddies and I are planning on going if the weather is good. We have planned shore excursions on our other visits to Nassau, paid in advnace, only to get there and it be too cold to really enjoy the water. We went in and swam, but it was cold!

We took the Jitney # 10 to the Sheraton and they took US dollars and gave change back in bahemian money. The Sheraton took US dollars. It was a wonderful relaxing day..The pools were beautiful and activities were very nice. The Jitney drops you off and picks you up right in front of the Sheraton.... Enjoy:)

Thanks for the positive report on the Sheraton. We plan on doing this in August while on the Fascination. There have been mixed reports about whether or not you can go to the Wyndham and use their facilities. Were you able to us both resorts. Thanks for any info.

We took the Jitney # 10 to the Sheraton and they took US dollars and gave change back in bahemian money. The Sheraton took US dollars. It was a wonderful relaxing day..The pools were beautiful and activities were very nice. The Jitney drops you off and picks you up right in front of the Sheraton.... Enjoy:)

Thank you for your report. My family of 4, which includes teens 13 and 17, plan on doing this next month.

Can you please tell me how long, approximately, it took to get to the Sheraton from the port on the bus? My dh said if it is too long, we are taking a cab but we are there all day so have the time. Thanks so much!

The Jitney #10 is very close to the port, ( I am thinking maybe a block) Locals will tell you where to catch it. Very easy. The ride was about 20 -30 minutes. It has bus stops, but you can see that part of the island while riding the bus...It was air conditioned and actually a nice drive...The Jitney runs very often and we were lucky enough that the Jitney was there waiting when we left the port and when we were walking out of the Sheraton....

We just did this a week ago and it was wonderful. We were in Nassau on the Norwegian Jewel. We picked up the #10 Jitney at the intersections of George Street and Bay Street. It was about a 15 minute walk from the ship. The jitney ride was about 10-15 minutes and we gave the driver exact change in American $$.

The cost for a day room for 2 adults and 2 children was $109.00 and the room was wonderful- it was on the first floor with a patio right by the pools. We were happy to have the room as it was wonderful to shower and change before heading back.

We spent alot of time in the ocean in the morning but then walked over to the Wyndham next door because our kids LOVED their waterslide and we loved the swim up bar. The kids meals were $7.00 each (chicken fingers, grilled cheese or hotdog) and included fries and a drink. The drink special was $3.50 as well and was similar to a Bahama Mama.

Both resorts were great- the pools were quiet and it was truly a wonderful day. We left around 3pm and it still gave us 1.5 hours to walk around near the port before being back on the ship by 5pm.

Hope this info was helpful.

Julie

Julie - you got a day room at the Sheraton for $109 for all 4 of you? I was torn on getting the room or not (we have 4 also, 2 adults and 2 kids), but I thought it was $99 plus $18 for each additional person, but for the price you paid, I am definitely going to do that! Did you reserve the room ahead of time? I'm really glad you posted - your day is exactly what we had in mind, so I'm glad to hear it went well!

John

We just did this a week ago and it was wonderful. We were in Nassau on the Norwegian Jewel. We picked up the #10 Jitney at the intersections of George Street and Bay Street. It was about a 15 minute walk from the ship. The jitney ride was about 10-15 minutes and we gave the driver exact change in American $$.

The cost for a day room for 2 adults and 2 children was $109.00 and the room was wonderful- it was on the first floor with a patio right by the pools. We were happy to have the room as it was wonderful to shower and change before heading back.

We spent alot of time in the ocean in the morning but then walked over to the Wyndham next door because our kids LOVED their waterslide and we loved the swim up bar. The kids meals were $7.00 each (chicken fingers, grilled cheese or hotdog) and included fries and a drink. The drink special was $3.50 as well and was similar to a Bahama Mama.

Both resorts were great- the pools were quiet and it was truly a wonderful day. We left around 3pm and it still gave us 1.5 hours to walk around near the port before being back on the ship by 5pm.

Hope this info was helpful.

Julie

So, you booked the room at the Sheraton, but were able to use the Wyndham resort as well? And you purchased lunch at the Wyndham? The price sounds too good to be true.

Yes, I too would like to know if you can use the Wyndham facilities as well....we were planning to do Atlantis...but just can't bring myself to spend that money for 4 people for a few hours. Sheraton looks beautiful...would love to see pics if someone has any to share!

Julie - you got a day room at the Sheraton for $109 for all 4 of you? I was torn on getting the room or not (we have 4 also, 2 adults and 2 kids), but I thought it was $99 plus $18 for each additional person, but for the price you paid, I am definitely going to do that! Did you reserve the room ahead of time? I'm really glad you posted - your day is exactly what we had in mind, so I'm glad to hear it went well!

John

Hi John,

Yes, the day room for the 4 of us was $109.00. We did not book ahead of time but just went to the front desk and asked for a day room. We didn't even get wrist bands because all you need to have is your room key which not one person asked for.

Julie

So, you booked the room at the Sheraton, but were able to use the Wyndham resort as well? And you purchased lunch at the Wyndham? The price sounds too good to be true.

Hi,

Yes, they are right next door to each other with a walkway to get from one to the other. The beach area was much better at the Sheraton but my kids enjoyed the pool and waterslide at the Wyndham. We thought the price was too good to be true too! It was such a fun day.

ETA: Yes, we purchased lunch at the pool bar for the kids and their meals were 7.00 each. They were nothing special but the kids liked them. My husband and I didn't get lunch because we knew we could just finish what was on our kids plates. LOL

Hi John,

Yes, the day room for the 4 of us was $109.00. We did not book ahead of time but just went to the front desk and asked for a day room. We didn't even get wrist bands because all you need to have is your room key which not one person asked for.

Julie

That is great news (plus the Wyndham info in your other post)! We were already planning to go to the Sheraton, but this seals it - thanks!

John

I posted a few weeks ago that I got this same rate. I was shocked too becuase of what I had been reading on CC and the ages of the kids did not matter. I was wondering if I got a good deal becuase the employee did not know what he was doing, but aapparently the have changed their rates. I will be there in 2 weeks.

Archived