Military Discount

roger001

Don't forget that NCL has resumed military/veterans discounts for 2012 cruises. I just booked an Alaska cruise, got 10% off plus $70 OBC for booking Alaska during July (plus $100 OBC from my TA). It all adds up and leaves more money for adult beverages......or whatever.

i almost got killed in bosnia, iraq, and afghanistan :p

and never have i recived a dime off a cruise on ncl :mad:

CPL Chipperfield U.S.M.C.

We too haven't received any benefits either, (rarely), but we don't expect them. I've noticed that this is the case with most big companies :rolleyes: Dh just got home from the MEU in May ;) Semper Fi.

Jump in there Cpl and sign up. You got to ask for the discount though and it will be yours. SSgt USAF...looong time ago :D

There is also a Miltary pricing which can be advantageous. Passenger must be in or ex US Military with min 2 years service. Proof of service must be sent to NCL after booking at Military rate.

Did you ever tell your PCC/TA you were in the military or ask for the discount? They can't read minds. (That I know of)

There is also a Miltary pricing which can be advantageous. Passenger must be in or ex US Military with min 2 years service. Proof of service must be sent to NCL after booking at Military rate.

You used to have to send in proof right away. Now they just tell you to have your proof at check in. (Retired ID Cards for DH & I - we have 55 years between us)

Did you ever tell your PCC/TA you were in the military or ask for the discount? They can't read minds. (That I know of)

Mind reading is one of the extra courses for TA. Unfortunately it is not advertised so the only TAs who attend are already qualified.

Well its about time they offered a discount. We just got back from Alaska on the Pearl with my son who spent a year in Astan. No discount for him when I booked.

The discount has been in existance for at least a year now but it may only be on select sailings. Just ask your TA to do a price comparison when you book.

i use the code when booking, its just that the cruises i booked never had the discount apply to them.

i dont expect one anyway, though it would be nice

The discount has been in existance for at least a year now but it may only be on select sailings. Just ask your TA to do a price comparison when you book.

It was discontinued for most of 2011 sailings for some reason. Back now for 2012.

We just booked for 1/18/2012 and got the discount. The description stated "active duty or retired", which seems to mean an individual would need to be currently active or be officially retired military. Not true though. DH was US Army for 3 years back in the 70's and qualified. Was told to just bring his DD214(? if that is the right form number for his discharge papers) to the pier for boarding.

It was discontinued for most of 2011 sailings for some reason. Back now for 2012.

It never went away for 2012. When they started the Dash sales they eliminated the military discount for 2011 but left it alone for 2012. I booked one for Apr 2012 back in April 2011 and for Dec 2012 in Jan 2011.

As far as I know, the military rate still isn't showing up for anything in 2011 or 2013, just 2012.

I booked our Bermuda cruise at the beginning of the year and got the union discount. It was through a TA. It was a small discount. We are eligible for latitudes, military, union, and AARP. Was told we couldn't combined them.

We have a booking that was on the list and we have not paid our final payment yet. We didn't get a discount when we booked (didn't know it was an option) but we do have $300 OBC.....is it possible to go back to my TA and get the discount and keep my current OBC?

Archived