C&A Balcony Discount - Inheritance Question

I am a newbie platinum level C&A. My daughter, who has sailed with me before has absorbed my platinum status.

My question is - If we are booked in different balcony cabins, how does that work? Will her cabin get the discount too? Or does she have to be in the same room as me?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

I am a newbie platinum level C&A. My daughter, who has sailed with me before has absorbed my platinum status.

My question is - If we are booked in different balcony cabins, how does that work? Will her cabin get the discount too? Or does she have to be in the same room as me?

if you both have Platinum status then you both should get the balcony discount if you have seperate cabins.

Your daughter will retain the status of the highest ranking C&A member in the household as long as you all live under the same address. If your daughter is not in the same household as you then she will only have what ever status that she actually is.

Your daughter will retain the status of the highest ranking C&A member in the household as long as you all live under the same address. If your daughter is not in the same household as you then she will only have what ever status that she actually is.

This is not true. As soon as they reach 18 they are on their own even if you live at the same address. This came direct from the Crown and Anchor office. They keep the status which they were on their 18 birthday even if this inherited from Parents. Then they add to the points which they have actually earned.

This is not true. As soon as they reach 18 they are on their own even if you live at the same address. This came direct from the Crown and Anchor office. They keep the status which they were on their 18 birthday even if this inherited from Parents. Then they add to the points which they have actually earned.

And this is what is wrong with RCI's system. At age 18 or 21, they should revert to ZERO. The kid needs to EARN their own status, not just have it handed to them for nothing. The kid will never fully appriciate thier status.

And this is what is wrong with RCI's system. At age 18 or 21, they should revert to ZERO. The kid needs to EARN their own status, not just have it handed to them for nothing. The kid will never fully appriciate thier status.

Don't be silly. If they went on the cruise, they earned the points, just like anyone else.

Royal is not good at their own policy....there are people who post frequently about there adult kids still carrying household status because they are still living home.

That is absolutely one of the most absurd things I have seen posted:rolleyes:...my kids who have EARNED D+ status should be reverted back to 0 when they turn 18...yea right.

I agree. I paid full price for my children for all of their cruises and full gratuities. They earned their status. Plus they did not get as many "perks" as adult C&A members. (free drinks etc., not that I want them too. just saying.:rolleyes:) The kid and teen member booklets do not contain many useful coupons.

They deserve the status even if I was the one paying. Also, Your can't paint all young adults with the same brush. My teens are very appreciative of the priviledges that they have.

Royal is not good at their own policy....there are people who post frequently about there adult kids still carrying household status because they are still living home.

That is absolutely one of the most absurd things I have seen posted:rolleyes:...my kids who have EARNED D+ status should be reverted back to 0 when they turn 18...yea right.

So, did your kids pay full price? Or did YOU pay 3rd/4th passenger rate? I'm sure the kids did not pay.

2 cabins, no 3rd and 4th... therefore full rate. Even if it was 3rd and 4th, adult cruisers would earn credits as a 3rd and 4th and so should they.

And still the kid did NOT pay..... therefor, they did NOT fully earn the points.

So, did your kids pay full price? Or did YOU pay 3rd/4th passenger rate? I'm sure the kids did not pay.

We either have booked 2 cabins or a single suite....which BTW most suites have a greater 3rd and 4th rate than most other standard cabins including balconies. But that has nothing to do with it anyways...if they sailed it, they have earned it

We either have booked 2 cabins or suites....which BTW have a great 3rd and 4th rate than most other standard cabins including balconies. But that has nothing to do with it anyways...if they sailed it, they have earned it

Let's say you win a free cruise playing bingo on RCI. You take the cruise. Do you earn points?

And still the kid did NOT pay..... therefor, they did NOT fully earn the points.

Well I will respectfully disagree. I didn't get the points for paying for my children. Someone should benefit. RCI definitely has made money from them on excursions, arcade, ice cream, etc. etc.

Let's say you win a free cruise playing bingo on RCI. You take the cruise. Do you earn points?

This has nothing to do with winning anything....revenue is revenue....doesn't matter who's CC it was paid for as long as it was a "paid" sailing. And yes BTW...even adults accumulate points on a sailing even if was some kind of special discounted rate.

This has nothing to do with winning anything....revenue is revenue....doesn't matter who's CC it was paid for as long as it was a "paid" sailing. And yes BTW...even adults accumulate points on a sailing even if was some kind of special discounted rate.

Point has been made. If you did not pay for the cruise, you are not awarded the points. IF you live in the same household, you get to enjoy the same perks as the highest level C&A member. But, when a person is no longer a member of that household, they no longer share the same perks. Good Bye ! !

Point has been made. If you did not pay for the cruise, you are not awarded the points. IF you live in the same household, you get to enjoy the same perks as the highest level C&A member. But, when a person is no longer a member of that household, they no longer share the same perks. Good Bye ! !

No point has been made:rolleyes: If you bothered to pay attention to my posts as well as some others, you will see that our kids have EARNED the points by actually being on the sailings with us...not by riding our coattails. My 16yr old DD actually has MORE accumulated points than I....we have ALL earned our D+ status and are proud of it:)

This is an interesting debate...

Wonder what you would make of our situation. My DH and I took several cruises pre-kids, then a bunch as our adult only get aways. We are Emerald, but my Jewel cruise will make me Diamond. My girls are joining me on that cruise for their first RCI cruise ( we've taken them on other non RCI cruises and trips tho, so they are rarely left behind!). When they return from that cruise( or during) I will enroll them in C & A. It's my understanding they will be Diamond level, because they are under 18, live at home and will have my level ( as will DH, who will not be on Jewel and will be 4 nights short himself;)

So technically my girls haven't " earned" diamond. And I wonder when my oldest turns 18 6 mos after our cruise; will she still be diamond? It's an interesting question and situation!

I'm the OP. Thanks very much for the information you all have provided! My intention was not to start a debate about kids being entitled to C&A status. I am merely trying to decide what kind of stateroom to book for us (4 passengers in 2 connecting balconies or 2 promenades) and wanted to crunch some numbers before I make my decision. Thanks again for your help.

This is not a debate.........it's what Royal Caribbean is willing to give to any member of the Crown & Anchor award system, for those that are living with you........

You need to contact Crown and Anchor at RCCL and explain what it is that you are expecting, from the knowledge that you presently have, regarding children of existing members.

There is no debate about this..........it's cut and dried with C&A.

It does not matter what anyone of us thinks........it's what Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor will give you......from what information you have given them, from the time of your first cruise with them.

None of us, here at Cruise Critic........can give you an honest answer to your question. Only Royal Caribbean can.

Please come back and tell us what their answer is to you!:)

Ricfk

I have 5 kids and have paid for 3 full cabins wwhen we have cruised -- I am only platinum --- and so are all my kids, because they went on the cruise with us. If you don't want the kids to have the points (when they were the ones who actually went on the cruise) then shouldn't all the tickets/cabins be converted into points and be given to me? If this were the case I would already be D+.

Don't you think someone should get the credit for all the money and cabins that were paid for? The kids earned the points. The points don't just get thrown down the drain.

Archived