Which is the port where all the graffiti is on the rocks as you come in to dock?

flashdog_1

It's been 6 years since the trip where I saw the drawings etc. and although I'm thinking it's Skagway, please let me know so I can get my daughter up early to see it. Thanks. Leaving tomorrow afternoon, so hurry, please.

It's been 6 years since the trip where I saw the drawings etc. and although I'm thinking it's Skagway, please let me know so I can get my daughter up early to see it. Thanks. Leaving tomorrow afternoon, so hurry, please.

Oops, having second thoughts about my original answer!

Susan in Anchorage :)

Oops, having second thoughts about my original answer!

If you are talking about the port with all of the ship names and logos painted on the side of the hill it is indeed Skagway.

But now that I've pondered it more, and have the picture in my head, it is indeed Skagway!

Skagway,

For someone who has not been there before and know what we are talking about, its emblems on the rocks with the logos of different ships and cruise lines.

Skagway is indeed the correct answer but I'm wondering why you would need to get up early? The rocks will be still there later in the day and are right next to the docks .

Skagway is indeed the correct answer but I'm wondering why you would need to get up early? The rocks will be still there later in the day and are right next to the docks .

hahaha. that is a good one.

And seeing the really good art in some cases makes you wonder who put the graffiti there and how did they get to the rocks etc. Does anyone know?
The 'graffiti' was put up on the rocks by the ship's crew. It's become a tradition in Skagway to put your ship's name on one of the rocks the first time the ship docks in Skagway. The oldest one I saw was 1927. If you dock at either of the Railroad Docks (which Princess usually does), you will be right up against the cliff where the names are painted.

Archived