ship time or port time?

kwbrad

Good morning everyone,

On the Carnival web site, when the times in port are given, are those times listed the port time or ship time?

For example, we are in Key West 7am -3pm (eastern time zone). We are on the Conquest, different time zone (central). So will we be there 7am ship time (8am in Key West) or 7am port time (6am ship time)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don't worry about it. You will be told on the ship not to change your clock to port time. The ship comes and goes using the same time as it started. The only time it gets confusing is if you book a private excursion and then you will have to come up with a plan. If you have a change in timing like the twice a year Day light Saving change, the ship announces the change to you several times and will tell you when to change your watch. It won't be a big deal although some people make it so.

I believe all excursions are kept to "ship time". That means you would need to factor in a time zone change accordingly when arriving at port.

You will always remain on ship time while cruising. Never go by port time.

Have a great cruise. :)

Don't worry about it. You will be told on the ship not to change your clock to port time. The ship comes and goes using the same time as it started. The only time it gets confusing is if you book a private excursion and then you will have to come up with a plan. If you have a change in timing like the twice a year Day light Saving change, the ship announces the change to you several times and will tell you when to change your watch. It won't be a big deal although some people make it so.

That is my problem, I have a private excursion booked that we have to be at by 830am. If we are there at 7am Key West time, no problem. If we are there at 8am Key West time, we need to be in the first group off and not mess around.

I know you are told to stay on ship time, I just was not sure if the times posted on carnival.com accounted for that or not.

Good morning everyone,

On the Carnival web site, when the times in port are given, are those times listed the port time or ship time?

For example, we are in Key West 7am -3pm (eastern time zone). We are on the Conquest, different time zone (central). So will we be there 7am ship time (8am in Key West) or 7am port time (6am ship time)?

You will be in Key West 7am ship time. It will always be ship time. Make sure your watch matches ship time when you board and don't touch it again. Please don't ever use your cell phone time when in port.

On one of our cruises out of Tampa, a young man who was cruising with his wife and baby chose to use his cell phone in Cozumel to monitor the time. Needless to say, he missed the ship. When we arrived in Belize the next morning, he was standing on the pier with his face a mess and blood all the way down his shirt waiting to board a tender to the ship. Apparently (we got the story at the airport from him) he had to take a water taxi to the mainland and then had to hire a cab in Cancun to drive him to Belize. During the overnight cab ride, the cab driver fell asleep and hit a semi head on...that explained his face and blood! Though I have to say if I were his wife, his face would look much worse after I was done with him!!

SO...ALWAYS ship time!

Good morning everyone,

Schedules are published in ship time, not local time.

Archived