12.4.11 ~ Do YOU believe in MAGIC? **~TEAM MAGIC~** Official CC Group - Dec 4, 2011~

Mere I like the tapatalk when I'm not near a computer much easier than logging in every time. Glad the new job went well.

We get something called "wellpay" each year where if we don't use any sick time they pay us for up to 24 hrs of sick time. If we use any though they will cut it by 8hr increments. So I try not to use any so I can get that little bonus each Nov. But rumor is that this will be the last year for it. If that's true you will see me calling in more often. I'm not the type of person to call in, I've called in once in my 4 yrs at the pd, but if it's part of my benefits and I lose it when I quit/retire/get fired/whatever then it's not fair if I just let it sit there and never use it.

Mere you better get busy with that hotel reservation. They were filling up fast!

One of the companies I worked for had in their policy that if you hadn't used any of your sick time you could cash out half of it once a year. I did and the accountant got in my face and said the policy read "if you haven't used ANY of your sick time you could cash it out" Told I would be sure to use ALL of it if I used ANY of it in any given year. :rolleyes:

My lost job gave you all your sick time in January instead of accruing a little every month. I made sure to take all 6 of my sick days before I left in June. :p

For GC, we are snorkeling for sure. Still not sure if we are going to zipline or not in Jamaica & we might go snorkeling again in Cozumel.

Our police chief went out on sick leave back in February after giving his retirement notice. Using all the sick time and still we are going to be writing him a check for $6000! I can carry over a bit but when I leave I leave it behind which is why I'm not feeling too bad about taking the day off.

Wowzers!

This will be our first time Jamacia and we will have 6 kids in the age ranges of 3-14. We were thinking about Dr.s Cave Beach. Sunset sounds fun too but with the amount of people in our group it would cost us a small fortune! Anyone else going to Drs Cave Beach?

We are horse back riding in Jamaica and doing randy's bar crawl in Cozumel. So we just wanted a cheap beach day in GC. 2 of our group are planning to do a dolphin swim in GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are horse back riding in Jamaica and doing randy's bar crawl in Cozumel. So we just wanted a cheap beach day in GC. 2 of our group are planning to do a dolphin swim in GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't planned a single thing, although I'll more than likely be going on the Cozumel Party Bus Bar Hop escapade.

This will be our first time Jamacia and we will have 6 kids in the age ranges of 3-14. We were thinking about Dr.s Cave Beach. Sunset sounds fun too but with the amount of people in our group it would cost us a small fortune! Anyone else going to Drs Cave Beach?

Christie,

With this being your first time to Jamaica, and with 6 kids under the age of 16; I suggest you bite the bullet and go to Sunset Beach. Contact them and see if you would qualify for a group rate, sunsetbeachresort dot com.

The water park there is a lot of fun for the younger crowd....wait a minute... I truly enjoyed floating in the lazy river too :).

My DH and I love Jamaica, this will be our 6th visit, and we got married at Sandals Negril.

Is it time to go yet? Ok, not even close, but it is almost time for final payment. I left a call with Johnna to get back to me. Might as well go ahead and get it over with. One less thing to worry about.

Good Morning!

Christie,

With this being your first time to Jamaica, and with 6 kids under the age of 16; I suggest you bite the bullet and go to Sunset Beach. Contact them and see if you would qualify for a group rate, sunsetbeachresort dot com.

The water park there is a lot of fun for the younger crowd....wait a minute... I truly enjoyed floating in the lazy river too :).

My DH and I love Jamaica, this will be our 6th visit, and we got married at Sandals Negril.

Very cool. DH & I honeymooned in Ocho Rios, flying into Montego Bay. We celebrate our 15th Anniversary on this cruise, so having Jamaica as a port stop makes it kind of neat. :)

Is it time to go yet? Ok, not even close, but it is almost time for final payment. I left a call with Johnna to get back to me. Might as well go ahead and get it over with. One less thing to worry about.

It is close. So, while your paying the last bit of your balance, feel free to pay mine too. LOL! :p Really though, it's a nice feeling to have your cruise paid. Ours is almost paid too.

Morning:) Our final payment was also made over the weekend so WHOO HOO!!!:D It has been a very rough and emotional last couple months (mom diagnoised with anal cancer and Myleofibrosis, and job loses for both my children and the tragic death of a yung man who was a close friend of our family over the weekend....But mother seeing improvement and my children getting other jobs, so I am thankful that through the storms God's peace sustains...Miss talking to you all, and hope to be on here more...My friend and I (she has never been on a cruise before, my 4th one) are getting really excited, and are counting down the days...We are wondering about the insurance, has anyone here bought it, and which one is best? Thank you for your help, and have a blessed day, Sharon

Morning:) Our final payment was also made over the weekend so WHOO HOO!!!:D It has been a very rough and emotional last couple months (mom diagnoised with anal cancer and Myleofibrosis, and job loses for both my children and the tragic death of a yung man who was a close friend of our family over the weekend....But mother seeing improvement and my children getting other jobs, so I am thankful that through the storms God's peace sustains...Miss talking to you all, and hope to be on here more...My friend and I (she has never been on a cruise before, my 4th one) are getting really excited, and are counting down the days...We are wondering about the insurance, has anyone here bought it, and which one is best? Thank you for your help, and have a blessed day, Sharon

Sounds like things are beginning to look up! Hang in there ;)

We did insurance through Carnival - this time. I have also used Travel Guard.

Christie,

Thank you! I just emailed Sunset Beach! and it does look fun!!! Thanks for the advise!:p

Oh my, you have had lots on your plate. Glad things are looking up some. Sending Prayers for your mom.

We did get insurance, on our own though, not thru Carnival.

Prayers to all of you. That's a lot to handle at once.

I buy my insurance from insuremytrip.com. They have lots of choices so you can see the different policies and options.

Wow, you have truly been through the "wringer" :(

I had never purchased trip insurance until this year, and I got ours through Jonna when I booked this trip. I have read on CC about using insuremytrip dot com, but I was confused about which one to purchase; and I needed cancel for any reason in my plan.

I am interested in a couple of rooms. How much is the group rate? Are there at least 2 rooms left?

Welcome to the group fellow Wichita Falls gal :)....and I have you down as booked in the hotel and will update the list sat morning.

Happy Thurs all.....BTW, I couldn't stand it and a buddy and I booked Conquest yesterday for next month.......wooo hooo!!:D

Wow, you have truly been through the "wringer" :(

I had never purchased trip insurance until this year, and I got ours through Jonna when I booked this trip. I have read on CC about using insuremytrip dot com, but I was confused about which one to purchase; and I needed cancel for any reason in my plan.

I wish I could insure everything else just to make SURE I can go on my cruise. Do the offer that?;)

Good morning everyone!!! December just can't get here quick enough!! (Although I am wanting to drop some more weight before the cruise!) Anyways, my husband says I have a bit of an obsession with cruises, since that is all I talk about!! :p

I have been doing more research about Jamaica and we are still thinking about Sunset Resort but leaving our 3 yr old and our frind 4 yr old on the ship in Camp Carnival. Is this safe to do? Has anyone ever left their kids on board? :confused: I am worried that the little ones will take off running or something and I'll never see them again. Am I being paranoid? I have never been to Jamaica before and everything I have read about it worried me because of the kids.....:(

Good morning everyone!!! December just can't get here quick enough!! (Although I am wanting to drop some more weight before the cruise!) Anyways, my husband says I have a bit of an obsession with cruises, since that is all I talk about!! :p

I have been doing more research about Jamaica and we are still thinking about Sunset Resort but leaving our 3 yr old and our frind 4 yr old on the ship in Camp Carnival. Is this safe to do? Has anyone ever left their kids on board? :confused: I am worried that the little ones will take off running or something and I'll never see them again. Am I being paranoid? I have never been to Jamaica before and everything I have read about it worried me because of the kids.....:(

We don't have any human children so I can't answer your question completely, but I'm sure they would be safe with Carnival's staff. Taking them with you to Sunset beach is also fine, we took our 2 y/o niece with us when we went to Sunset Beach, as it is a guarded resort and all of us felt really safe. Sunset Beach resort is so close to the port, that you can see it when you dock. If I remember correctly, it is less than a 5 minute drive from the port to the resort.

Anyone else thinking of going to Sunset Resort in Jamaica? Groups of 16 or more get a 5% discount. It's not much off but it's something! Let me know if you want to register as a group and go!:p

OT... Christie,

Are you from Wichita Falls too??.... My family the "Lunns" (Great Grandmother, maternal side) are there and in Olney/Wichita Falls too :). My paternal family is from Palo Pinto county... Graford area.

Anyone else thinking of going to Sunset Resort in Jamaica? Groups of 16 or more get a 5% discount. It's not much off but it's something! Let me know if you want to register as a group and go!:p

I've been thinking about going back to Sunset Beach on this trip.... All I need to do is purchase my 10-15 lbs of coffee beans before we leave this port. I normally jump ship early, and purchase our coffee beans in 5 pound bags then bring back on-board. After that is finished.... we are free to pursue other entertainment :D.

Archived