Price drop policy??

mickym

I'm new to Carnival. We usually sail RCI. What is Carnival's policy on price drops? Before final payment? After final payment?

Thanks for the help.

Depends what you book ES is the one that gets you all the price drops up until 2 days before sail date.. the others I think you may get an upgrade or obc before final pymt.. .. someone else with more knowledge will pop in if I am incorrect..

So does ES cost more? If I take ES do they give me the price drops automaticly or do I have to call in and ask for it like on RCI?

Neither, costs less, there is a form you can fill out if you booked direct, if you book with a TA, then they fill out the form.

the small print I was talking about is nonrefundable deposit. Lets say you book 2 years in advance, and 15 minutes after you make the booking, opps, made a mistake, its done, no changes.

no name changes, if aunt mildred changes her mind, oh well, change change pax. not ever.

no downgrades allowed. many of the last minute fares will be gtys you cant price match, cant give up your cabin and move down to the gty

stuff like that.

No one is going to watch for price drops like you probably will .. not even TAs or PVPs who say they will. I know I always find them first.

We all watch. No cruiseline is going to just give automatic price drops. Im sure they hope you miss them.

Thank you so much for your help! I always watch for my own price drops on RCI and usually get flack from my TA when I demand them but I really get a kick out of the price drops. They seem like such a nice bonus.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your help! I always watch for my own price drops on RCI and usually get flack from my TA when I demand them but I really get a kick out of the price drops. They seem like such a nice bonus.

Thanks again.

Just so you know that you must go thru your TA if you find a price drop.. Carnival will not deal with you unless you book with them (not sure if RCI is the same or not)... Good Luck;)

I booked an ES a year out for my daughters 25th birthday, at first I checked the carnival web site all the time, then my husband had a health emergency and for a while I did not know if we would be able to go on the cruise, long story short when the time to cruise came hubby was much improved and we went. forgot all about the ES guarantee was just happy to be on vacation and when we got our sign and sail statement the last night of the cruise we each had an on board credit because of booking ES. It was a very nice surprise

I booked an ES a year out for my daughters 25th birthday, at first I checked the carnival web site all the time, then my husband had a health emergency and for a while I did not know if we would be able to go on the cruise, long story short when the time to cruise came hubby was much improved and we went. forgot all about the ES guarantee was just happy to be on vacation and when we got our sign and sail statement the last night of the cruise we each had an on board credit because of booking ES. It was a very nice surprise

If you never put in for a price drop how could the credit have anything to do with ES??

I know I have had credits lately but because taxes and fees dropped.

Just so you know that you must go thru your TA if you find a price drop.. Carnival will not deal with you unless you book with them (not sure if RCI is the same or not)... Good Luck;)

Yes, it's the same with RCI. I really hate that because my TAs have always gotten upset about getting me the price drop. Someday I will find a good TA who is happy to do this for me.

Yes, it's the same with RCI. I really hate that because my TAs have always gotten upset about getting me the price drop. Someday I will find a good TA who is happy to do this for me.

Any price drop is going to cut into their commission so I am sure they hate to do it. If you book direct with the cruiseline, you can file your own form with no hassle.

I am booked on a cruise for next Jan on the Valor. I have noticed three price drops. Each time I put in the form and got the adjustment. My brother-in-law and his wife are on the same cruise and paid the whole amount at time of booking. They have got the three price adjustments as on board credit. Total of $245 so for OBC. Form is easy to fill out and they respond within a day or so for ES.

I just booked and paid for our cruise two weeks ago. It leaves on 7/25/11 (The Elation). We booked the past guest rate which I'm showing is still the same.

But Carnival is offering a "Pack and Go" rate for about $60.00 less per person.

I emailed my Carnival rep. , what are the odds we'll get a credit???? :p

I just booked and paid for our cruise two weeks ago. It leaves on 7/25/11 (The Elation). We booked the past guest rate which I'm showing is still the same.

unfortunately zero. Nobody would book ES if they could credits with the other rates.

Bill

Your best bet would be to look if there is a category above yours that is the same or little more and pay to upgrade. No OBC possible. But you can use it to your advantage if you were looking to upgrade cheaper.

I would book direct but, being the greedy person I am, I also like the obc's and perks I can get through TAs. There are no guaranteed price drops so the perks are sure things. So far I have always ended up getting good price drops for myself and the others in our group but end up making my TA mad in the deal so the next cruise I am shopping for a new and hopefully better TA. See what happens this time. We are still in the shopping stages right now so haven't chosen a TA yet.

Your best bet would be to look if there is a category above yours that is the same or little more and pay to upgrade. No OBC possible. But you can use it to your advantage if you were looking to upgrade cheaper.

Why, I'm missing something. If a rate appears that is cheaper, can't you move to that rate if it is before final payment? From a "past guest" rate to a "pack and go" rate?

I was thinking of booking a "Cash Back" rate b/c refundable and then, when a little more certain and time off approved at work, switching to the "Early Saver" rate if it is cheaper (accounting for the loss of obc switching rates). All this 9 months out from sail date so still expecting ES rate will be better than Cash back rate.

Why, I'm missing something. If a rate appears that is cheaper, can't you move to that rate if it is before final payment? From a "past guest" rate to a "pack and go" rate?

I was thinking of booking a "Cash Back" rate b/c refundable and then, when a little more certain and time off approved at work, switching to the "Early Saver" rate if it is cheaper (accounting for the loss of obc switching rates). All this 9 months out from sail date so still expecting ES rate will be better than Cash back rate.

you're missing the fact that Firefly is answering a question of somebody whose cruise leaves in 10 days. Once past final payment date you can't switch categories, at least without monetary penalties.

Bill

Archived