De-alcoholised wine?

SEFlyer

Can anyone advise me if Cunard have de-alcoholised wine on their wine and drinks lists? Is it available in bars and the Britannia Room?

In the event that it is not do you suppose I would be charged the full corkage fee if I took some aboard and took it to the Britannia room?

For medical reasons my wife is unable to drink alcohol anymore. We used to enjoy a good bottle between us over dinner. Now I have to try and restrain myself to a half bottle on my own. But there are some good de-alcoholised wines available here which she enjoys. I'd like her to be able to enjoy some on QM2.

The advice and knowledge of BMs would be appreciated.

Hi SEFlyer,

I can't speak from actual experience, but I can tell you that the Cunard wine list found on ask.cunard.com offers these two selections:

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

750ml Bottle

Ariel, Chardonnay 2008 $22.00

Ariel, Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 $22.00

Perhaps others can provide more details about the availability of other selections and whether or not the corkage fee applies to non-alcoholic wine.

Regards,

John.

Now I have to try and restrain myself to a half bottle on my own

No, just drink the whole bottle :D

I'd image they would change the full corkage because you are still bringing your own drink into the restaurant and not buying their's, and that's the reason they charge corkage. But I dont know for sure.

Can anyone advise me if Cunard have de-alcoholised wine on their wine and drinks lists? Is it available in bars and the Britannia Room?

In the event that it is not do you suppose I would be charged the full corkage fee if I took some aboard and took it to the Britannia room?

For medical reasons my wife is unable to drink alcohol anymore. We used to enjoy a good bottle between us over dinner. Now I have to try and restrain myself to a half bottle on my own. But there are some good de-alcoholised wines available here which she enjoys. I'd like her to be able to enjoy some on QM2.

The advice and knowledge of BMs would be appreciated.

What you could do is, take it on with you, pour a glass in your cabin and just take it in with you, many people walk in with cocktails from the bars and parties.

However there is a small range of wine that is Non alcoholic

What you could do is, take it on with you, pour a glass in your cabin and just take it in with you, many people walk in with cocktails from the bars and parties

Even leaving aside the question of whether this is appropriate (it isn't) what about a second glass? Even on a practical basis your suggestion simply won't work.

WD

Even leaving aside the question of whether this is appropriate (it isn't)

WD

Quite! It seems to be generally acknowledged that Cunard reads these boards: one whiff of this little wheeze, and it will join the many other lines that don't permit alcohol to be taken on board.

As we are treated as adults, perhaps we should behave like them.

Mary

Hi SEFlyer,

I can't speak from actual experience, but I can tell you that the Cunard wine list found on ask.cunard.com offers these two selections:

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

750ml Bottle

Ariel, Chardonnay 2008 $22.00

Ariel, Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 $22.00

Perhaps others can provide more details about the availability of other selections and whether or not the corkage fee applies to non-alcoholic wine.

Regards,

John.

Thanks, John. She will be happy to know that and we will buy a few bottles during our crossing and enjoy wine with dinner.

No, just drink the whole bottle :D

I'd image they would change the full corkage because you are still bringing your own drink into the restaurant and not buying their's, and that's the reason they charge corkage. But I dont know for sure.

Please note that I said I would try and restrain myself and only drink half a bottle. I did not say I always succeed in my pursuit of restraint.:D

Is it any good to drink? :confused: Can you tell it apart from normal wine? :confused:

Isn't alchahol free wine called grape juice:D:D

Both questions that I think are very relevant. If it isn't alcoholic, how can it work as wine?

WD

Both questions that I think are very relevant. If it isn't alcoholic, how can it work as wine?

WD

Maybe you should read the title of the thread and the OP. It referred to de-alcoholised wine. That is wine that is made as wine and then the alcohol removed by a freezing and reverse osmosis process. Google the Ariel site if you would like to see a technical description.

If those who can't consume regular wine with regular alcohol content like it and consider it a reasonable facsimile of something they enjoy why would you care whether it can "work as wine"?

Maybe you should read the title of the thread and the OP. It referred to de-alcoholised wine. That is wine that is made as wine and then the alcohol removed by a freezing and reverse osmosis process. Google the Ariel site if you would like to see a technical description.

If those who can't consume regular wine with regular alcohol content like it and consider it a reasonable facsimile of something they enjoy why would you care whether it can "work as wine"?

Well said!

For the simple reason I am in the target market, so it is of interest to me.

WD

Well said!

I'd never drink De Caff coffee but I'll defend the rights of those who do. Hope theres some sort of coffee card on QV similar to the drinks package on Celebrity or the playing card on Princess as both of these lines coffee is pretty bad. (but 100% better than the tea. Some one tell our transatlantic cousins you can't make tea with out BOILING water!)

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose one can develop a taste for anything, even non-alcoholic wine. But what's the point of drinking non-banana banana juice? Anyway, for me it's all in the glass ... follow along if you don't care to drink sometimes ...

On Cunard I enjoy sipping apple juice, as long as it's on the rocks in a big double old-fashioned glass or high up on a stem in a nicely-shaped bowl.

Archived