Cunard Balance payment

transatlantic fan

I see that Cunard have changed the balance due date in 2012 from 60 to 90 days in the Uk,Is this the same as the states?.

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not answering your question - but, just to add, I think they have also increased the size of the deposit payable on booking.

J

I see that Cunard have changed the balance due date in 2012 from 60 to 90 days in the Uk,Is this the same as the states?.

Thanks

Final payment is 90 days out in the US and according to my records it has been 90 days out for a couple years now. Final payment was 60 days out for our June 2008 voyage on the QE2, but it was 90 days out for our October 2009 voyage on the QV and also 90 days out for our QM2 voyage last November.

Regards,

John.

One clarification to my previous post. I just realized we booked our 2008 voyage 60 days from the departure date, so final payment was due immediately in that case. The final payment date may have been 90 days out in the US during 2008.

At any rate, here is what I see on Cunard's US web site concerning deposits and final payments:

Deposits

A 25% deposit is required within seven days of reservation or sooner, as specified by Cunard. Staterooms are subject to cancellation if required deposit amount is not received within the specified option period.

Balance of Payment

Full payment for all voyages must be received by Cunard no later than 90 days prior to sailing. All reservations are subject to cancellation if payments are not received by the due date, and are guaranteed only when paid in full at 90 days prior to sailing. Reservations made between 89 and 31 days of sailing require full payment within 24 hours of booking. Reservations made within 30 days of sailing require full payment at time of booking.

Regarding deposits, I think if you have previously purchased a Future Cruise Credit that will serve as your deposit when booking in the USA, and no further payment is required until final payment date which is usually 90 days prior to voyage.

Just to mention that I have not seen some of the special pricing offers available on the other side of the pond (like children sailing for free, free airfare, etc.) available in the US, so compare carefully :-) -S.

Regarding deposits, I think if you have previously purchased a Future Cruise Credit that will serve as your deposit when booking in the USA, and no further payment is required until final payment date which is usually 90 days prior to voyage.

Just to mention that I have not seen some of the special pricing offers available on the other side of the pond (like children sailing for free, free airfare, etc.) available in the US, so compare carefully :-) -S.

Ah - I take it you're back ashore again. I hope you enjoyed the Canada trip.

J

Ah - I take it you're back ashore again. I hope you enjoyed the Canada trip.

J

Hi Cruachan. Yes, thanks, it was very relaxing. The food was good, and our waiters were excellent. The mood on board was very festive, and our fellow passengers and crew were friendly, and cordial.

Unfortunately, the bed linens, robes, curtains and lampshades were worse on this cruise than they were on our December cruise - very stained and shabby looking. I really don't understand why these items are not being replaced, unless upper management are unaware that some cabins are in need of replacement items.

But I do think management needs to inspect the cabins more regularily: as we were packing the afternoon before disembarkation, we found a wine cooler (the metal wine bucket that is used to chill Pol Acker on embarkation day) stored in our bathroom cabinet under the sink.:eek:

Salacia

This has been our experience (and we are from the US). Also, we have yet to be charged a service fee for using a credit card which is how we pay for deposits and final payments.

I see that Cunard have changed the balance due date in 2012 from 60 to 90 days in the Uk,

Currently UK agents ask for the balance anywhere between 70-90 days before, so next year presumably they're going to want it 100-120 days before.

Currently UK agents ask for the balance anywhere between 70-90 days before, so next year presumably they're going to want it 100-120 days before.

Yes, but if you refuse to pay them until closer to the date that they have to part with the money they will normally agree a closer date.

(Of course, if you book with an American agent, your payment goes directly through Cunard and you can pay at the last moment. Just beware that if anything goes wrong with your payment you could risk loosing your booking :eek: )

Yes, but if you refuse to pay them until closer to the date that they have to part with the money they will normally agree a closer date.

(Of course, if you book with an American agent, your payment goes directly through Cunard and you can pay at the last moment. Just beware that if anything goes wrong with your payment you could risk loosing your booking :eek: )

Hi MJ, good point about the caution regarding credit card payments...that's why my travel agent requests final payment a couple of weeks before Cunard requires it - just to make sure alternative payment can be made if there's a glitch with the credit card specified. -S.

Archived