"Off" clip on mosquito repellants

toothmaker

I have read many people say that they were not or hardly bothered by mosquitos during their Panama Canal cruise with the exception of some jungle excursions. For those of you who experienced annoyance by mosquitos and may have used the "Off clip on repellant"...did it work? I read the ingredient panel and it doesn't mention DEET, a key ingredient in the reliance of deterence of the nasty little insects.:confused:

I got one last year to use around the house in NC. When the 3 or 4 repellent packs I had purchased with it were consumed I threw it away. It was not worth the money. What little effectiveness it had was blown away by a gentle breeze or walking about. I think you are better off treating your clothing with permethrin before your trip and taking along some traditional DEET repellent for exposed skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Have not used one in Panama. In Ohio it works great when we are working in the yard. In the evening if we are taking a walk it works fine. At night sitting outside, it doesn't work worth a darn.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived