What happens if you miss final payment date?

I have always been used to Royal letting me know a few days ahead of the final payment date. They seem to have stopped that as I had one due today and had made a note on the calendar that it was due. I did not hear anything by way of a reminder from Royal.

I have another due on the 19th and have heard nothing on that one either.

What would happen if you were to miss the final payment date? Do they cancel your reservation and refund all you have paid or do they allow you a few days to pay it?

I have always been used to Royal letting me know a few days ahead of the final payment date. They seem to have stopped that as I had one due today and had made a note on the calendar that it was due. I did not hear anything by way of a reminder from Royal.

I have another due on the 19th and have heard nothing on that one either.

What would happen if you were to miss the final payment date? Do they cancel your reservation and refund all you have paid or do they allow you a few days to pay it?

Not sure what would happen,but I wouldn't wait too long I would contact RCCL,it's still your responsibility to pay off. Do you have a TA ?

Not sure what would happen,but I wouldn't wait too long I would contact RCCL,it's still your responsibility to pay off. Do you have a TA ?

The reservation was made directly with Royal using a CVP. I have paid the one due today and will pay the one due on the 19th. I was wondering whether they have stopped sending out reminders and what would happen if you forgot?

The reservation was made directly with Royal using a CVP. I have paid the one due today and will pay the one due on the 19th. I was wondering whether they have stopped sending out reminders and what would happen if you forgot?

We've never received a reminder from RCI on payments (or any other cruise line for that matter):(

Interesting, we had never received a reminder on final payment until our upcoming cruise (final due back in May)! Have gotten more emails this time around than ever.

If you're less than 70 days from your cruise, your deposit becomes non-refundable.

It would seem a little unfair if RCCL canceled the reservation and also refused to refund the deposit.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Thanks to this I checked when my final was due. It was JULY 9th!!!

I called my TA, and she said I have till the 19th? I said, "better check again". Woop's, yep, it was due on the 9th. Gave her my cc# and she called me right back and said everything is o.k.

She has ALWAYS called me for many years to collect. So strange that this happened. Oh well, I just got 2 more bottles of wine and an OBC for

Chops or Porto. I think she was a little nervous. As was I

Final payment date is in the Royal web site under "My Cruises". Easy for us with internet access but for those folks strictly going through a TA I hope they get the final notice.

To date, I have not gotten a notice via email or snail mail and my final payment is due on the 20th.

This just happened to me for our upcoming fos.I had booked three cabins and I thought they were all due on the same day. Well because mine was a booking with a next cruise certain from 2008 my payment was due later then all the rest. I kept seeing people on the roll call mentioning their payments were due. So I checked and two of my cabins were past due. I thought they all were due a week later. Well I called rccl and no biggie. They gave me 48 hours to pay the two past due cabins.

It would seem a little unfair if RCCL canceled the reservation and also refused to refund the deposit.

Yes, I agree...but if you cancel the reservation after the final payment due date then you will lose your deposit.

Yes, I agree...but if you cancel the reservation after the final payment due date then you will lose your deposit.

if you do nothing, RCL will cancel the booking and refund. Due date is the trigger. They typically give you 5 business days after the date. If they don't get final payment, they refund deposit.

If you pd the final, then canceled, you would lose the deposit.

My experience is a little different. January 10, 2010. Family all went FOS, WOW! 29 degrees at sail away in Port Canaveral...but that's another story. My sister in law had some $$ issues and could not pay total due until 35 days before the cruise date (we reserved about 6 months earlier. I think she paid all but $600. Rci Rep said it was ok as they would not cancel her reservation for late/non payment. Of course things change with RCI so frequently ...I certainly would not count on this.

if you do nothing, RCL will cancel the booking and refund. Due date is the trigger. They typically give you 5 business days after the date. If they don't get final payment, they refund deposit.

I had a Celebrity cruise booked with deposit...I cancelled 2 days after final payment was due (without paying final)....they said that I had lost my $700 deposit* since it was 68 days till cruise.

RCI also has a cancellation fee ....your deposit....once inside 70 days on 6-9 night cruises. I suspect that if you cancel within that period (even if you haven't made final payment) they too would be entitled to keep your deposit.

*After many phone calls over a 2 day period, Celebrity relented and refunded my money.

I didn't get a final payment notice either, and I was using a TA. I thought perhaps one of them would remind me. Fortunately, for some reason, doing budgets and thing, I happened to look at my last payment receipt, and I was a couple of weeks from final payment due.

Had I not been budget conscious, I'm not sure what would have happened. I may have gotten call, or an e-mail, or, maybe not.

Wrong. After final payment, they don't refund the deposit. You will lose it because final payment is your responsibility, not theirs.

Going on my first RCL cruise in 5 weeks. My final was due a few weeks ago and I received a reminder email from them a couple of weeks before that. I booked directly with a CVP, so maybe that has something to do with it??

parrotfeathers, you do not have to make monthly payments. Just have to pay it off by the due date.

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
typo

I make very good use of my computer calendar. It sends me an e-mail to remind me of upcoming appointments and vacation payment due dates, etc. This way, I never miss deadlines and remember to schedule lab work before a doctor's appointment, dental appointments, pet vaccinations, pet boarding, etc.

strange...I got TWO reminders that my final payment was due. Two weeks before and one week before. I wonder if your email accounts aren't accepting emails from RC? We use a CVP too.