A Snorkling Question.

Billzilla66

I've always been self conscious of my feet, I don't like walking around bare-footed. When if comes to the pools and beaches I can wear my water shoes, but what about on the baots when snorkling? From what I've seen on Youtube, it's required that everybody rides in the boat bare-footed.:eek:

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to wear my water shoes in the boat if and when I go snorkling? What about some kind of socks to wear under the fins?

I've always been self conscious of my feet, I don't like walking around bare-footed. When if comes to the pools and beaches I can wear my water shoes, but what about on the baots when snorkling? From what I've seen on Youtube, it's required that everybody rides in the boat bare-footed.:eek:

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to wear my water shoes in the boat if and when I go snorkeling? What about some kind of socks to wear under the fins?

I've never seen a snorkel boat or dive boat where water shoes, or anything else on your feet was prohibited. I wear my dive boots all the time.

There are such things as 'dive socks' - just google 'dive socks' or check the yellow pages for a dive shop near you. Many varieties available for under $20

11SF9Z1QXDL._SS500_.jpg

You typically see people bare foot on snorkel boats as the fins most of these operators provide are full foot fins and not much fits well under this type of fin IMO - that's why I use my fins which are the strap type, made to accommodate full dive boots. I use dive boots when climbing Dunn's River Falls too . . .

Note...you should know that you won't be able to wear anything on your feet at Stingray City Sandbar if that's one of your snorkel stops. Water shoes, etc. are prohibited there for the safety of the stingrays.

Archived