Adjoining cabins with toddlers

DavidNYC

Hi all,

Possibly looking into our first cruise since having kids. If we go, it would be a big family affair with probably 12 or so of us.

My wife and I have twins who will be 2 yrs 8 mos old when we cruise.

We're concerened how to do cabins and sleeping. I'm thinking adjoining rooms so they can go to sleep with us still having our balcony to use, we can watch TV, easier for babysitter, etc. Any other considerations we should think of or lines that might be best?

We were originally looking at Oasis for April 7 but I've seen a few posts recommending NCL as being better for the 2-3 year old set. (I've seen Carnival listed too but I think a few of the family wouldn't be as happy on Carnival.)

I think connecting cabins are a great idea...you'll have your space, they'll have a quiet room for sleeping with easy access for you! I would NOT have them sleep in the same room....the connecting doorway can be left open...you'll only be steps away. Probably closer than you are at home.

Or, you could book a larger suite, perhaps with 2 rooms, so everyone won't be in the same space all the time.

Before you book a ship, if a pool is important, check the guidelines on non-potty trained folks...some ships have no facilities for swim diapers! Oasis does have babysitting for the under-3 crowd, either in a group setting, or in-cabin.

best decision we made was to get our 2 year old girls their own room.

when choosing the cruise line pay attention to at what age the kids can go to the camp as well(if you want to take advantage of camp). we chose carnival specifically because the age was 2 for that. most lines it is 3. this was the most relaxing vacation we have had since having our girls. so much so we booked again for this winter :)

Archived