Whats this Cash Back Sale on Carnival Site?

Cinderose

I just went to the Carnival site for my Destiny cruise January 2012 and noticed under the ES Early Saver rate was a 4th rate from Carnival giving $100 Refundable Credit on your sign & Sail account for doing the Cash Back Sale for cruises 5 days or sailing ($50 per person up to Max of $100 per stateroom) And if you chose this option you also get to choose your room... Ill try and attach the photo copy I made...

What is this? Is it something new or just a quick thing to boost sales? Does it apply to group bookings?

808763485_cashbackCarnival.jpg.2a3c31372eeb85878bc14389a947d40e.jpg

Someone made a thread about this not too long ago. They said that the price for the cuise is higher in the end but you get the cash back so it evens out to be as if you didn't get the cash back at all because you paid a higher fare. Does that make sense? At least thats what the other thread said. I don't bother with the cash back because it either turns out being a higher fare or it doesn't apply to my cruise.

I priced out the sale for a couple cruises and it is just silly. There is no savings over ES or Past Guest. I suppose if you just compare it to the 'Fun Select' fare, it is a deal, but I never ever book that fare.

I will say yet again CCL has NO sales. They think their clients are stupid as they promote for example this pay $200 more to get $100 OBC promotion several times a year. It is a ripoff.

Exactly.....only applies to new booking at "Fun Select" .......the HIGHEST rate fares of all. Just booked a Med cruise and it would have cost $300 more p/p for the fare to get back $200.....it's a joke and a bad tease. The lowest fares you can get are still Early Saver, but yes, there are some penalties attached....but still worth the savings.

Archived