Merrell barefoot ?

Can you stand one more question about shoes???

I went to the Merrell shoe website. I really like the barefoot glove shoe. (I think that was the name:o, it an aqua color low cut shoe) What I need is a shoe for walking in ports, hiking (like in rain forest conditions, or rocky areas) on excursions, and water sports. I'm not sure this is the right shoe for what I need....but I really like......okay, I really love the looks of this shoe. But the practical side of me is saying....but is it what you need.....not what you want? By any chance does anyone have this shoe that can shed some light? Would this shoe fit the bill??? Thanks so much!

My dad has the men's version of Merrell's barefoot pace glove. He loves them so much he bought two pairs to have different colors, and he wears them all the time as an everyday shoe.

I've been curious about them, too, and on Merrell's website they do advertise the shoe for trail running, so I'm guessing it would be fine for moderate hiking activity. I wore a different style of Merrell's to Europe recently and fell totally back in love with the brand after a long break, so I might try the barefoots too!

My dad has the men's version of Merrell's barefoot pace glove. He loves them so much he bought two pairs to have different colors, and he wears them all the time as an everyday shoe.

I've been curious about them, too, and on Merrell's website they do advertise the shoe for trail running, so I'm guessing it would be fine for moderate hiking activity. I wore a different style of Merrell's to Europe recently and fell totally back in love with the brand after a long break, so I might try the barefoots too!

Thanks for replying. I just don't know if I'm trying to put a lot of "jobs" on to one shoe?? Or do I need more then one shoe to handle my needs? Or can this one handle all of them?

Buy them!! Best shoe I ever bought. The Vibram 5's (toe ones) were a bit much for me but I LOVE the Merrell Vibrams (the glove). Its like you don't have shoes on. Since I HATE wearing shoes but my work place doesn't allow sandals and this was my solution. I wear them all the time---walking, casual days, every task. At less than $100...you can't go wrong.

Is that a shoe that looks like a "foot glove"...with seperate "toes"???? I hope not! They are ugly as hell. No self-respecting foot should wear a shoe (and I use that term loosely!) that horrendous!

Can't be any worse than Crocs and hundreds of thousands of people schlep around in those....

What I'm worried about is slipping on wet rocks, not enough support, do they have any kind of support for the bottom arch. Things of that nature.

I was actually replying specifically to cb - and her comment about the look of the Five Finger. Crocs are an epidemic....

As far as the Merrells go, I've never met a pair that I don't love - and I own several pairs. For stability and support on wet rocks, there are probably better choices than a barefoot running shoe. I would suggest going to a Merrell retailer and talking to someone who has more experience with the different products, and could probably match you with the right shoe for your needs.

I have to agree with your comments though - super cute shoes.

Is that a shoe that looks like a "foot glove"...with seperate "toes"???? I hope not! They are ugly as hell. No self-respecting foot should wear a shoe (and I use that term loosely!) that horrendous!

hahaha!! I so agree! It creeps me out!:eek: And it may be the only thing worse than crocs!:rolleyes:

I went to the Merrell shoe website. I really like the barefoot glove shoe.

I, too, love the way they look. I want a pair.

I worry about the gathering around the back.

Do they cause blisters?

I went to the Merrell shoe website. I really like the barefoot glove shoe. (I think that was the name:o, it an aqua color low cut shoe) What I need is a shoe for walking in ports, hiking (like in rain forest conditions, or rocky areas) on excursions, and water sports. I'm not sure this is the right shoe for what I need....but I really like......okay, I really love the looks of this shoe. But the practical side of me is saying....but is it what you need.....not what you want? By any chance does anyone have this shoe that can shed some light? Would this shoe fit the bill??? Thanks so much!

I, too, fell in love with them. Dick's Sporting Goods had a few pairs

where I found seams and seam allowances in the back and over

the little toes where they just would not work for me.

Also, they were so thin that they reminded me of my water shoes.

I really loved the looks of them on the internet!

I, too, fell in love with them. Dick's Sporting Goods had a few pairs

where I found seams and seam allowances in the back and over

the little toes where they just would not work for me.

Also, they were so thin that they reminded me of my water shoes.

I really loved the looks of them on the internet!

Were they just as nice in person?

I wear the Pure Glove, a woman's Mary Jane, almost every day for work. They're not a lace-up shoe, but I can run in them without a problem. The soles have pretty good traction. I wear the Vibram Five Fingers the rest of the time if I have shoes on.

• 2 weeks later...
I wear the Pure Glove, a woman's Mary Jane, almost every day for work. They're not a lace-up shoe, but I can run in them without a problem. The soles have pretty good traction.

These are the ones that I have as well. I now have several friends and a coworker that have them (some the mary jane, some the more athletic looking one). I saw a new athletic one on the website in a fun aqua blue. I may get those, too.

Archived