First time on RSS- Alaska trip report part 1

We just got back from the Alaskan Cruise on the Navigator. We went with 2 other couples and had a total blast! This forum helped me so much with our trip planning that I thought I would try my hand at writing a trip report. We took the red-eye from Anchorage to Hartford, CT today so I am really tired and jetlagged. I'll probably write a bit today and more on successive days. First things first, we have only been on 1 cruise on another line so we are newbies when it comes to cruising. We have traveled extensively but just not on ships! We left on July 6 from Vancouver on a beautiful day. The sail away was just spectacular! Embarcation was a breeze, I had booked us at the Pan Pacific for the night before using a internet travel company and got a great rate. On the morning of the 6th the Pan Pacific people just transfered our luggage right to the ship. We got on right at 12:00, no lines- just moved right through and on the ship. They gave us a glass of champagne (and it was champagne, I checked) Then we did what everyone else was doing... eating and drinking until our cabin was ready. We met our friends and ate at La Veranda and then went and sat by the pool. At 2:15 our cabin was ready. We were in Cat. H, a window room in the front (fore?) of the ship on the port side on deck. It was lovely and the window was really huge. We didn't miss the balcony at all. The Navigator crew was very warm and welcoming and asked if we wanted any beverages in our rooms. There was a block party at 4:00 and we met the people around us. Then we and the friends we came with went up on deck. Terry Breen was the lecturer on board and she narrated the sail away- it was very nice. That's it for now. I'll post more tomorrow.

We had very good friends on your cruise! We haven't heard from them yet so it is nice to hear that you had great weather...at least for the first day. We'll be on the reverse leg next month.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

To continue... A couple of notes about day 1- because of what I learned by reading this board I knew to go right to Prime 7 to change dinner reservations (we wanted a table for 6 instead of 2). I was able to switch very easily and then went right over to excursions to add an excursion that was an upcharge using our On Board Ship credits that our TA gave us (400.00). Then my friends and I went right to the spa to book the treatments we wanted on the 2 sea days we were going to have. I did all that in the first hour on the ship. It definitely was the right thing to do b/c everything filled up quickly especially the spa. After getting that stuff out of the way it was easy to relax! Day 2 was a day a sea. We spent the day exploring the ship and eating and drinking. I also did a yoga class. It was the only yoga class I was able to get into as there are only 10 spots a day. That night we saw the first show. I think I will post about all the entertainment tomorrow as it warrants its own post.

Archived