What to do with passport while on beach?

What was I thinking. I forgot everybody writes the port agents # down before leaving the ship.;)

Bill

Put the fun times in your beach bag........next time you cruise listen to what the CD says over the loud speaker......."Ladies and Gentlemen....today is a beach day....if you are going to the beach please leave your passports in your safe so they don't get stolen, lost or ruined at the beach. And don't forget to bring your funtimes with you that lists the phone number in case of emergency".

Someone posted the funtimes on this thread (post #30)......look at the very bottom of the page......

I'm another who believes that passports belong in the safe while ashore. I feel it's more likely something could happen to the passport while ashore than having a circumstrance arise where the passport would be needed.

What was I thinking. I forgot everybody writes the port agents # down before leaving the ship.;)

Bill

No need to write it down - it is usually listed on the fun times and/or that 'shopping ad/map' they hand out when you disembark - very easy to throw in your bag or just tear off the number and put it in your pocket in case you need it - there is a reason those emergency contact numbers are provided to you!

We've seen a lot of small, cheap plastic hardcases that are just big enough for a wallet. Usually sold in the sporting goods section of Walmart. They're worthless for anything except rain and spray. There are a variety of O ring sealed hard cases that are very good, but they tend to be pretty expensive and much bulkier than we prefer to carry around. The type we prefer are the Aquapac style - you can google it for more info.

Thank you! I think I know now what plastic hardcases you're referring to.

I have this one...

otr3-2000s-05-05.jpg

It is rather bulky, but I think it will do.

But after looking at the Aquapacs, I think I'll get one of those too when we're not diving. Thank you!

Archived