Rainbow Sandals

Cozzette2

I keep hearing how comfortable Rainbow sandals are and I need a brown or green pair of flip flops for our upcoming cruise but I am not sure which style is the one that everyone says is so comfortable.

I will be ordering online so I can't try them on first. I am looking at the Westscape, anyone tried that one and loved it?

I just bought some great Reefs. I got the slap 2 and they are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn :D

Thanks for the imput, Kris

I have two teenaged girls who LIVE in flip-flops. Since we all wear the same size, I borrow their things frequently, and I think Tevas and Nike flip-flops are much more comfortable than Rainbows.

Rainbows have a thicker sole, which isn't as flexible and comfortable. The two brands I named above have more of a "soft", foam-type sole that wears better. Rainbows have a longer life-span, but they also cost twice as much as the two brands we prefer. Also, beforewarned: The dye from a pair of brown Rainbows will wear off on the soles of your feet, and it looks like dirt.

In short, we usually have a pile of flip-flops in a little basket by our door, and the Rainbows spend more time sitting in the basket than being worn. Yeah, they look great, but they are not the most comfortable.

I actually picked up a pair of Teva Mush flip flops this weekend. They are so cute and really comfortable. I may pick them up in another couple of colors.

Thanks for the info on the Rainbows, I think I will pass and stick to the Reefs and Tevas.

Thanks, Kris

I haven't tried the Westscape style, but I've worn Rainbow's hemp sandals (single-layer arch) and loved those. Right now I have a pair of the leather, narrow strap with clear crystals. Super cute and holding up well, but a little stiff and not as comfortable as the hemp.

Also a big fan of Reefs and these are my current go-to casual flips this summer:

http://shop.reef.com/reef-mallory/d/1041_c_202

I've been wearing rainbow sandals for more than 30 years now, & they are the most comfortable footwear I've ever had.... except for the first two weeks or so, it takes that time to conform to your foot, & they're perfect!

Trying on someone else's won't really give you an idea of the comfort, because they really do need to mold to an individuals' foot.

I wear the skinny strap style with 3 layers on the arch & two every where else, because I have very high arches. My 2 dd's prefer the classic wide strap with the extra layer.

Because of where I live, I wear mine probably a good 350 days a year, & they last me about 2 years before a layer wears through.

ps: they call them single layer, but they look like double when you count!

I love my Rainbows, I have been wearing the same pair for 4-5 years and they still have tons of life left in them. They do hurt like heck the first few times you wear them, though so be forewarned. But, the leather stretches to mold to your foot perfectly. I will totally buy another pair when these bite the dust.

Archived