Imagination Wedding - July 1, 2011

My review is going to start with a link to the professional photos and soon some additional photos.

I will be writing the review later tonight when I get home from the birthday parties. I have 2 parties today but I needed to get around to this for you guys!!! :)

So to start.... here are our pro pics.

Only the 8x10s are here. We got the $750 package thanks to my amazing parents. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2228057942721.2129095.1285993236

Your wedding has to be one of the most beautiful I have seen! I really hope you enjoyed your special day. You looked wonderful. I LOVE THAT DRESS! It is absolutely fabulous. Your hair and makeup looked wonderful. Where did you have it done? Also the flowers were very pretty. CONGRATULATIONS!

Ok so lt's start with a few weeks prior to the wedding. Talk about frazzled! Everything seemed to be going wrong. My social security card disappeared and we needed that for our marriage license, guests were canceling, and my MIL was all of a sudden acting like she was owed something and practically demanded that 3 guests (1, her best friend, is a politician and thought it would be a good look for us but I honestly didn't care) be invited. In the end, I loved my day but it was stressful before. Lots of screaming, tears and anger. I ended up getting my license the Friday before my wedding and I made my MIL pay for the additional guests.

The day of the wedding I got up at 6 am. My hair and makeup was done by Art of Hair by Claudia. She is AMAZINGGGGG!!!!!!! I LOVED HER. :) She did both my hair & makeup & my sister's. We were boh done by 830 and out of the house by 9. There were 9 family members staying at my mom's house the night before the wedding and so much stuff to take that it was a good thing.

I will be writing the rest of the review later tonight or first thing in the am.

Next up arriving at the port, coordinators, Carnival and the wedding!

We got to the port at 1030 and unloaded 2 vehicles full of stuff. Got a great porter to unlod and help us all check in. Went straight thru to the VIP lane and checked in. Some of my guests were already checked in including my fiancee and waiting in the lounge. Everything went in without a problem including my wine, bread and hidden liquor! Haha

We had 3 no shows but all other 77 guests checked in with no problem. While we waited I met my 2 coordinators, Heysi & Norali. I gave them my burned CD and a short outline of what I wanted to happen and all the stuff for my reception and ceremony. I sent a few of my friends with the coordinators and they got everything set up beforehand. My cordinators had it so together though. :) But they said I was the most organized bride they had ever met. Lolol I had copies of all my stuff too from outline to guest list.

Once we got in, the coordinators ushered everyone up to the Lido Deck and one went with me to my parents room while showing Chris and his party where to change in our rom. Since we got on the boat by 1130 and my wedding was the last and biggest wedding at 130, I got to go up to the Lido Deck and eat. My friends all found me and we started with the Carnival Drink of the Day. It was awesome. I went back to my room with my drink, took a peek at my husband and disappeared to my room to change and get ready.

My friends were taking photos of my dress and me getting ready and my wedding stuff. I got dressed and still had 40 minutes to wait. The photographer called and came to my room and took some photos and before I knew it, Heysi was at my room to take me to the Dynasty Lounge.

I am very happy with the Dynasty Lounge. I got to make a grand entrance on the secnd floor (which I loved because I loveeeeee attention) and everyone was on the first floor and when I walked in everyone turned to turn up to see me. It was grand and beautiful and I loved it. The ceremony I am still getting complimented on. We brought our own officiant (a pastor that was a friend of the family for over 30 years) so it was personal and very touching. We had communion instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony. It was perfect for us. During the ceremony, disco lights went off and it was amazing. It was funny because Chris and I actually met in event planning at clubs. We were partners and thew many successful parties with Girls Gone Wild, DMX and several other celebs and groups. So it was fitting and comical.

After the ceremony, we stayed after for no more than 5 minutes to take pictures and head directly above us for the reception.

I will write more tomorrow because I'm tired. Goodnight ya'll. :)

Your wedding has to be one of the most beautiful I have seen! I really hope you enjoyed your special day. You looked wonderful. I LOVE THAT DRESS! It is absolutely fabulous. Your hair and makeup looked wonderful. Where did you have it done? Also the flowers were very pretty. CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you! Claudia did it and I havehr info if you'd like it. My flowers were by Kim of Alexis Grace Designs. My dress was a Kitty Chen Couture design. :)

I loved my day and I am sure you will too!

We got to the port at 1030 and unloaded 2 vehicles full of stuff. Got a great porter to unload and help us all check in. Went straight thru to the VIP lane and checked in. Some of my guests were already checked in including my fiancee and waiting in the lounge. Everything went in without a problem including my wine, bread and hidden liquor! Haha

"Tune in tomorrow for the conclusion... " LOL! I love it.:D

How did you bring your items in? In bags/ suitcases?

You mentioned communion during the ceremony, was that something you requested through the coordinator? Is that the bread that you mentioned here?

Also, pls dont' forget us in the other thread about the add ons and updates.:)

Thank you! Claudia did it and I havehr info if you'd like it. My flowers were by Kim of Alexis Grace Designs. My dress was a Kitty Chen Couture design. :)

I loved my day and I am sure you will too!

Just so you know... our Florida Thread was closed due to size ..another one was started and here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442008

Hope your wedding was everything you hoped it would be!

Come on back!

Oh how I've been waiting for your review and your pictures! Ugh! My work computer is not letting me open up your link. I will try it first thing when I get home! By the way, thank you for the recommendation on the flowers! Kim is amazing and she just finished all my flowers and they are GORGEOUS!!!!!! Congratulations on your wedding!

So I know we weren't kept but 5 minutes for photos (and we have a hugeeeeeeee family together) because the Illusions Disco is only a floor above the Dynasty Lounge and some of our guests were walking in to the reception when we were getting up there.

Before they announced us, we had more onlookers and one girl even asked to take our photo. LOL When we walked in each coordinator gave us our drink and did as I asked and walked us to the dance floor for our first dance. We danced to Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me and then I danced with my daddy to Butterfly Kisses (it was my Sweet 16 song with him and just happened to be perfect). While we danced, you could hear people crying because we both were. The song and the words my dad and I shared are some of the most special of the entire day. <3

Now here's where I got thrown for a loop... After the dance, we were supposed to straight thru to cake cutting and toasts.... That's what was SUPPOSED to happen, but didn't happen because of my MIL. She pulled the coordinators aside and asked if she could dance with Chris.

Here's a little background on my MIL, she wanted nothing to do with the wedding until about a month prior when she started demanding things of us and Chris finally had to put her in her place. She even invited 3 people herself that I made her pay for. Chris said she was being jealous and stupid. LOL

Well that day, she pulled the coordinators aside and asked for a dance with Chris. Chris didn't want it and she didn't even ask for the dance beforehand, otherwise I'd have given it to her. It was not on my outline and we didn't have a song for it. Thank God no one asked me otherwise I'd have been furious that again she's trying to put herself where it isn't needed. Luckily the DJ kept the song short (Song for Mama - Boys 2 Men) and it gave me a little time to have another drink, take some pics with friends and thank a few people. Aftert that we cut the cake and had 2 toasts.

After that, we drank a lot. LOL I even got to taste some of the food. It was actually really good. People kept going back and forth between the bar and buffet. They even had waiters walking around with premade drinks (some fruity Carnival thing) so you wouldn't ever have to go to the bar. LOLOL At one point I think I had 3 in front of me and they were all mine!!! LOLOL

I honestly don't know how this happened but they gave us an additional 45 minutes at the reception for free. Everyone who wasn't sailing I felt bad for because they were drunkkkkkk. hahaha At the end, I gave out my OOT buckets instead of having them delivered because Guest Services said they couldn't guarantee when they would get there.

My sailing guests walked around with sunglasses and shot glasses all the time after that. :) They loved the shovel & pail and all the other stuff I put in them.

Overall it was simply amazing and beautiful. But I will say this, I am glad I am as organized as I am because that helped so much to give everyone some kind of direction. I even gave the photographer a list of must have photos and told the DJ that we're all from Miami so play what we hear on the radio stations like Power 96 and Y-100. Luckily he was from here too so it was easy.

Here's some more photos. There's one of me and my dad that my friends took that I thought was too cute.

Feel free to ask any questions!

cake.jpg.21c56fef15ce77f74ef050c795ac75ed.jpg

favors.jpg.078b77ed817e933dad6785d6e6bf0315.jpg

food.jpg.367b95018f073ed267eae61ee3706536.jpg

programdrinks.jpg.8c2735ded7e3f2fa057fbf59b5ea58e3.jpg

toast.jpg.afa8720e80fc3f751b01b1fc85221c72.jpg

daddy.jpg.f3f1b241d48ca84fd48a94d53d37cae0.jpg

"Tune in tomorrow for the conclusion... " LOL! I love it.:D

How did you bring your items in? In bags/ suitcases?

You mentioned communion during the ceremony, was that something you requested through the coordinator? Is that the bread that you mentioned here?

Also, pls dont' forget us in the other thread about the add ons and updates.:)

Boxes. We got storage boxes from Home Depot. :)

And communion is something we told the coordinator about. We provided them an entire ceremony outline about 3 days before so everyone would know what's going on.

I know, right!?

I texted her yesterday to "remind" her to come back and finish! :-) She's been so busy lately!

Hopefully we hear back from her soon!

LOL Kim!!! I didn't exactly forget. Youuuuu know how insane things have been. lol

Sounds like you had a blast. I'm happy everything turned out so well.

And don't be so hard on your the MIL. I'm sure she's prob a PITA, but this was her only chance to dance with her son at his wedding. She prob wanted to show off a little for her friends, too! :D

Sounds like you had a blast. I'm happy everything turned out so well.

And don't be so hard on your the MIL. I'm sure she's prob a PITA, but this was her only chance to dance with her son at his wedding. She prob wanted to show off a little for her friends, too! :D

I really didn't care... But I would have preferred for her to ask. He asked her before and she said no. So for all that to happen, it didn't bother me, it actually bothered Chris more. LOLOL

It was our day and everyone knew it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited, but I am also starting to stress over the little details and it’s driving me nuts! Lol. I swore I wouldn’t do this when I planned a cruise/destination wedding, but my ocd side still managed to come out. I have huge issues with wanting to be perfect in front of my h2b’s mom and sister…so it’s getting a little crazy at my house. Is it September yet? :rolleyes:

Archived