Imagination Wedding - July 1, 2011

I am so excited, but I am also starting to stress over the little details and it’s driving me nuts! Lol. I swore I wouldn’t do this when I planned a cruise/destination wedding, but my ocd side still managed to come out. I have huge issues with wanting to be perfect in front of my h2b’s mom and sister…so it’s getting a little crazy at my house. Is it September yet? :rolleyes:

LOL That is how I felt about a month before and kept getting more frazzled as the days dwindled. And in the end it was as perfect as it could have been with only 1 issue.

Just breathe!!! Your day will be perfect and no one will be able to ruin it. Envelope yourself in the moment because it will fly by!!!

Everything looked gorgeous! That stinks about your MIL.

What size boxes did you use? Did everything fit through the security x-ray machines?

What did all of your guests do with their carry ons during the ceremony and reception?

I am really impressed with your photographs. They look great! I also love your bouquet. Lovely!

Thank you our photographer Rustico was awesome. The bouquet is from Kim - Alexis Grace Designs. She has an etsy.com store.

Thanks again. :) I love it too. I still look at my flowers every day.

Everything looked gorgeous! That stinks about your MIL.

What size boxes did you use? Did everything fit through the security x-ray machines?

What did all of your guests do with their carry ons during the ceremony and reception?

I think they were medium sized moving boxes from home depot. Everything fit and the stuff that didn't security scanned each one themselves. It went by quick and they didn't have a problem with anything.

All of the rooms by the time we got on the boat were ready so everyone was able to put their stuff in their rooms. But we had a plan that if they werent ready we had 2 rooms available for luggage and stuff in the event they werent.

I have been reading reviews for a wedding on this ship and your review is the most helpful. I have cruised before but my daughter has not.

We have never been to a cruise wedding and have no idea how it works. Did you book the 1 1/2 hour reception? Was it enough time to dance, drink and eat? Did you book the DJ and a lighting person? Did you book an extra cocktail party following your wedding reception? How much time did you have before you had to go to the safty presentation?

I know these are alot of questions but we are not sure this is something she will like. Also, we were told no deck weddings all were in a lounge. Did you like this or would you suggest something else.

Thanks.

My review is going to start with a link to the professional photos and soon some additional photos.

I will be writing the review later tonight when I get home from the birthday parties. I have 2 parties today but I needed to get around to this for you guys!!! :)

So to start.... here are our pro pics.

Only the 8x10s are here. We got the $750 package thanks to my amazing parents. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2228057942721.2129095.1285993236

I have been reading reviews for a wedding on this ship and your review is the most helpful. I have cruised before but my daughter has not.

We have never been to a cruise wedding and have no idea how it works. Did you book the 1 1/2 hour reception? Was it enough time to dance, drink and eat? Did you book the DJ and a lighting person? Did you book an extra cocktail party following your wedding reception? How much time did you have before you had to go to the safty presentation?

I know these are alot of questions but we are not sure this is something she will like. Also, we were told no deck weddings all were in a lounge. Did you like this or would you suggest something else.

Thanks.

We booked the 1 hour reception but they ended up giving us 45 additional minutes. But the 1 hour was plenty of time. We spent about 60 minutes eating, drinking and dancing. So about the last 15 of the hour was nothing but eating drinking and dancing.

I got the DJ and he served as the lighting person and was awesome!!! :)

We asked our photographer to only spend 5 minutes in between ceremony and reception for photos and to take the rest after the reception had ended. But we had plent of time between the end of taking pics to the safety drill. We went back to our room, had a drink, relaxed and all before it even started.

I had my wedding in the Dynasty Lounge (was switched because I had about 90 people at my wedding) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! I am all about the drama and my entrance was nothing short of dramatic. Everyone was on the first floor and I made my grand entrance on the second floor going down a flight of stairs. It was beautiful and perfect and I was so happy with the change in venue. The reception took place in the Illusions club because that's where the DJ is.

I didn't have anything after for my sailing guests but an OOT bucket :) because we were all going to be meeting for drinks later.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. I LOVED my cruise wedding.

• 1 month later...
Re-reading my review and looking thru the photos has me all nostalgic. hehe

Enjoy your day ladies!!! :) It comes as quickly as it goes!

Mrs. Gomez,

I think your wedding was so well organized. I'd love to emulate some of the things you did, in my ceremony. How did your officiant handle communion in your ceremony? Was it similar to receiving the Eucharist in a catholic ceremony/mass? Did everyone receive communion? What was the order of you ceremony? Did you distribute a program?

I'm sorry for all the questions.

Mrs. Gomez,

I think your wedding was so well organized. I'd love to emulate some of the things you did, in my ceremony. How did your officiant handle communion in your ceremony? Was it similar to receiving the Eucharist in a catholic ceremony/mass? Did everyone receive communion? What was the order of you ceremony? Did you distribute a program?

I'm sorry for all the questions.

Thank you!! :) I'm OCD so it had to be organized for my own sanity. LOL

We decided that our first thing as husband and wife would be for us to share communion together. Because I had 95 guests, I chose not to allow everyone to share in communion and to allow it to be our thing. It was a simple communion very similiar to receiving communion in church. Our pastor wrote a special ceremony tailored to each of us and wrote communion into the ceremony based on the passage we selected (Ecclesiastes 4:9-16 - which talks about 2 are better than 1)

We distributed a program to each guest before we boarded the ship with the time, location and details of the ceremony as well as a quick outline of the ceremony. I think I still have a rough copy of the outline of the program if you want to see it.

If you have any more questions, let me know. :)

Thank you!! :) I'm OCD so it had to be organized for my own sanity. LOL

We decided that our first thing as husband and wife would be for us to share communion together. Because I had 95 guests, I chose not to allow everyone to share in communion and to allow it to be our thing. It was a simple communion very similiar to receiving communion in church. Our pastor wrote a special ceremony tailored to each of us and wrote communion into the ceremony based on the passage we selected (Ecclesiastes 4:9-16 - which talks about 2 are better than 1)

We distributed a program to each guest before we boarded the ship with the time, location and details of the ceremony as well as a quick outline of the ceremony. I think I still have a rough copy of the outline of the program if you want to see it.

If you have any more questions, let me know. :)

Oh yes, I'd love to see it if you still have it. Please email it to me at herbal_tees@yahoo.com.

Thank you, this is so helpful.

First of all... Your wedding was soooo beautiful! And congratulations!!

I'm actually curious as to how you relayed the design for your cake.

Did you send them a design? Or did they just pick? Did you purchase your own cake topper?

Thanks for more info!

First of all... Your wedding was soooo beautiful! And congratulations!!

I'm actually curious as to how you relayed the design for your cake.

Did you send them a design? Or did they just pick? Did you purchase your own cake topper?

Thanks for more info!

I found a photo I liked and sent it to them. I got the piping design free of charge.

I did purchase my own cake topper and personalized champagne flutes. :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing this with us Mrs. Gomez!!! Just Beautiful!

My review is going to start with a link to the professional photos and soon some additional photos.

I will be writing the review later tonight when I get home from the birthday parties. I have 2 parties today but I needed to get around to this for you guys!!! :)

So to start.... here are our pro pics.

Only the 8x10s are here. We got the $750 package thanks to my amazing parents. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2228057942721.2129095.1285993236

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing this with us Mrs. Gomez!!! Just Beautiful!

:) Thank you. :) I loved my wedding. I can't believe I've been married for almost 6 months now!! LOL

Good luck on your upcoming nuptials. :) Don't stress too much, enjoy as much as possible and relax! It will fly by!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey! You're wedding was absolutely gorgeous! We are actually getting married on the Imagination on April 2013. Your posts and pics are very helpful. I am in love with your dress. Where did you get it? Would you be willing to sell/rent it? :)

What's your date? I'm getting married on the Imagination on April 19th!

Archived