Imagination Wedding - July 1, 2011

Nice!! We are about to book it and make it official. Its going to be April 5th sailing to Nassau from Miami. Are you doing it onboard? or at a destination?

Well then congrats! We're getting married on the ship on embarkation day. Let me know if you have any questions so far. We booked back in March, and I've had plenty of time to harrass - I mean ask - Carnival loads of questions.

Are you going to do a ship tour? I'm really trying to get one in before January but that's proving difficult with my current work & personal travel schedule. Le sigh.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

So I know we weren't kept but 5 minutes for photos (and we have a hugeeeeeeee family together) because the Illusions Disco is only a floor above the Dynasty Lounge and some of our guests were walking in to the reception when we were getting up there.

Before they announced us, we had more onlookers and one girl even asked to take our photo. LOL When we walked in each coordinator gave us our drink and did as I asked and walked us to the dance floor for our first dance. We danced to Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me and then I danced with my daddy to Butterfly Kisses (it was my Sweet 16 song with him and just happened to be perfect). While we danced, you could hear people crying because we both were. The song and the words my dad and I shared are some of the most special of the entire day. <3

Now here's where I got thrown for a loop... After the dance, we were supposed to straight thru to cake cutting and toasts.... That's what was SUPPOSED to happen, but didn't happen because of my MIL. She pulled the coordinators aside and asked if she could dance with Chris.

Here's a little background on my MIL, she wanted nothing to do with the wedding until about a month prior when she started demanding things of us and Chris finally had to put her in her place. She even invited 3 people herself that I made her pay for. Chris said she was being jealous and stupid. LOL

Well that day, she pulled the coordinators aside and asked for a dance with Chris. Chris didn't want it and she didn't even ask for the dance beforehand, otherwise I'd have given it to her. It was not on my outline and we didn't have a song for it. Thank God no one asked me otherwise I'd have been furious that again she's trying to put herself where it isn't needed. Luckily the DJ kept the song short (Song for Mama - Boys 2 Men) and it gave me a little time to have another drink, take some pics with friends and thank a few people. Aftert that we cut the cake and had 2 toasts.

After that, we drank a lot. LOL I even got to taste some of the food. It was actually really good. People kept going back and forth between the bar and buffet. They even had waiters walking around with premade drinks (some fruity Carnival thing) so you wouldn't ever have to go to the bar. LOLOL At one point I think I had 3 in front of me and they were all mine!!! LOLOL

I honestly don't know how this happened but they gave us an additional 45 minutes at the reception for free. Everyone who wasn't sailing I felt bad for because they were drunkkkkkk. hahaha At the end, I gave out my OOT buckets instead of having them delivered because Guest Services said they couldn't guarantee when they would get there.

My sailing guests walked around with sunglasses and shot glasses all the time after that. :) They loved the shovel & pail and all the other stuff I put in them.

Overall it was simply amazing and beautiful. But I will say this, I am glad I am as organized as I am because that helped so much to give everyone some kind of direction. I even gave the photographer a list of must have photos and told the DJ that we're all from Miami so play what we hear on the radio stations like Power 96 and Y-100. Luckily he was from here too so it was easy.

Here's some more photos. There's one of me and my dad that my friends took that I thought was too cute.

Feel free to ask any questions!

I know this is and old thread but hopefully you will see this MrsGomez....your wedding sounds like it was just perfect (minus the stress before)!! I wish I could see your pictures but the link is not working for me :-( Congrats on being married over a year now! I will be getting married at the port of Miami in May so thank you for the makeup artist recommendation! I will contact her for sure.

I would love to be as organized as you were on that day! Would you mind emailing me the list of photos you made for your photographer? Did they follow it well or did they kind of just do their own thing? Also , can you send me the outline you gave to your wedding coordinators? I want to create one, but need some direction. :-P

My email is dmurray0521@gmail.com :)

• 5 months later...
My review is going to start with a link to the professional photos and soon some additional photos.

I will be writing the review later tonight when I get home from the birthday parties. I have 2 parties today but I needed to get around to this for you guys!!! :)

So to start.... here are our pro pics.

Only the 8x10s are here. We got the $750 package thanks to my amazing parents. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2228057942721.2129095.1285993236

Im getting married on a carnival ship, and was wondering if theres ANYY way I can see your wedding pictures? I'm looking for as much visual as I can get, and based on everyone's comments, they were gorgeous! I tried clicking on the link, but bc the post is from 2011, the link no longer works :(

Archived