Question about the Carnival Triumph

Cruzin in 09

I'm thinking the answer is going to be probably no from looking at the deck plans but figured I would ask anyway. On the Triumph we are wondering if there is a place at the back on the Lido deck like that of the Ecstasy that we can set quietly and watch the water go by. When we cruised the Ecstasy one of our favorite times of day was to get up just before sunrise and drink our coffee from the outside deck at the back of the Lido watching the sunrise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, no. There is a hot tub near the back, then a row of tables up against the windows. If the weather isn't great, that's a good spot. There are other quiet places on Triumph, though. If you go to the back of the Lido then go up the stairs, there are chairs on each side of the tail. I'm sure there are other places, but that was the one I liked. Lots of room, and not a lot of people.

No, there isn't. I know exactly where you are talking about on the Ecstasy. We went there every morning too.

If you go up one from the Lido on the Triumph, it is just the open deck with lounge chairs but not many people up there in the morning. If you want private, go to the Lido, go all the way forward (down the hall where the cabins are) and there will be a door that leads out to the forward deck. It is always nice and quiet out there. There are usualy a couple of lounge chairs out there, and a couple of benches. It is our favorite place on both the Triumph and the Conquest. But neither have table and chairs like the Ecstasy.

Sorry, no. There is a hot tub near the back, then a row of tables up against the windows. If the weather isn't great, that's a good spot. There are other quiet places on Triumph, though. If you go to the back of the Lido then go up the stairs, there are chairs on each side of the tail. I'm sure there are other places, but that was the one I liked. Lots of room, and not a lot of people.

We just got off the Triumph on Thursday. We had a cabin at the front of deck 7. You can get to the front of the ship by going all the way forward then out the doors. We were on this ship several years ago but never saw any lounge chairs. For this trip there are some. It is a quiet place with hardly any people. I like to book forward cabins on this deck so that we can go up front if the action is occuring on the side opposite from my balcony. When we went back in 2008 on this ship we went up front for ex. when going into Puerto Rico to have a better view. Deck 6 also will do the same, but not 8 because of the bridge.

No, there isn't. I know exactly where you are talking about on the Ecstasy. We went there every morning too.

If you go up one from the Lido on the Triumph, it is just the open deck with lounge chairs but not many people up there in the morning. If you want private, go to the Lido, go all the way forward (down the hall where the cabins are) and there will be a door that leads out to the forward deck. It is always nice and quiet out there. There are usualy a couple of lounge chairs out there, and a couple of benches. It is our favorite place on both the Triumph and the Conquest. But neither have table and chairs like the Ecstasy.

That is the same area I am speaking of...we had a cabin on the Conquest deck 10 (or 9) that did this and that is how we learned about it. It is more private than the aft area.

There aren't any open decks in the aft section that I can remember but there are plenty of tables right on the glass. I liked the open decks at the rear on the Fantasy class ships as well, it's a great place for coffee in the morning. The roof opens though and the 24 hour pizza place is right there at least.

Or take the elevators to the Promenade deck, the night clubs aren't locked and there won't be anyone bothering you. They aren't open decks obviously but it is very quiet.

Thanks for the info, can't wait to get on board and explore a new ship(new to me). When does she go into dry dock?

Maybe September or the beginning of October? She will be moving I believe to Galveston and the Conquest moving to New Orleans.

I find this a quiet place and you can also get outside and up one deck if you dont like seeing the wake from this area.

WooHoo can't wait to see/hear about what they do to her in dry dock, but even more so can't wait until Jan, 7 when I get to see for myself.

does anyone know what is going to be done in the dry dock?

Archived