Whats the first thing you do!?

No specific ritual comes to mind - we pretty much let the first few hours develop themselves. Could be up on Lido checking the buffet & sail-away party or sitting in the Atrium getting ready for the cast off or maybe walking the length of the ship getting acclimated to our home-away-from-home. But no matter how we choose to enjoy the start of each cruise it is ALWAYS FUN!!! :cool:

We go straight to the atrium bar, order a bloody mary, and watch all our fellow cruisers get on the ship. We're usually on the ship by 11:30 and after 17 cruises, this has become our ritual.

pat

We do the same. Stop at the atrium bar and order ourselves a Miami Vice. Most often we have already been on the ship so no need to explore first thing. When traveling with newbees we take them to the lido and see how many DOD's they can polish off before muster. Otherwise it's to the cabin at 1:30 to check on Bon Voyage packages and meet the steward and wait for luggage to get organized. Drinks on the balcony and people watching as others board the ship.

Depends on when we get on board - if it's close to 1:00 I check to see if the cabins are ready to stash the carry on. Have to go get the DOD and a bite to eat before exploring the ship.

My friend likes to find the cabin and then the life boat station just in case, then on to the rest of the ship.

We have a tradition going back to our first cruise. We go straight to Lido deck and order a Miami Vice, and sit there and people watch until our room is ready. If we're sailing from Tampa, I also like to go to a high deck during sailaway and wave, or do other hand gestures, at the building I work at in downtown Tampa.

8523_1064107142091_1808375282_128367_1735738_n.jpg.7f98af04d33870487b0e3eb97f63497c.jpg

we've on been on one cruise and thanks to CC we knew to give our bags to the porters , get on the ship and head straight to the lido for food-lol! Then walked around getting familar with the ship, then we sat and watched people on the lido deck. We were allowed to our cabins around 12:30. We went up and checked out the room and looked at the capers.

Next cruise we will follow the same routine:D

We usually have lunch, and then hopefully after lunch we can drop our carry ons in our room. Then we find someone,order a drink and just watch everyone. And sail away in the sunset.. whooohooo I cant wait till our vacation.

Archived