Whats the first thing you do!?

Lunch on Lido, explore ship, people watch wherever we find a good place to sit. As soon as we can get into cabin, I unpack and organize while DH reads Capers, the map, the special coupons for discounted stuff, which we never use. 102 days until we set sail!! WooHoo!!:p

I head to the first area where I can light up a cigarette, and then sit. Breathe in, breathe out, and say I am on a cruise,,,,no worries. :) Then I head to the buffet and eat way too much:o, When the ship opens up the cabins I head to my cabin and check it out.

Because we are sailing on our next cruise with a friend I need to check our table out to make sure we are seated together, she is staying on another deck. She is a single and we are a couple. And I will get in line to book the Behind the Fun tour.

Then I will go to the lido deck.:D

we love warmth and sun so if nice we will head to the lido, grab some chairs and have some lunch. After that let the kids play in the waterworks, and chill.

After the relaxation get our cabin, and then explore the ship I guess..dunno, only have done 1 cruise LOL

First thing after my card goes "ding" is look up and start looking for my wife.

For some unknown reason, she can not just step forward and wait the

moment it takes . She is gone and who knows where.

First cruise, it took over an hour and a half to find her.

Almost missed sail away looking for her.

2nd was about 30 minutes

3rd was about 20 minutes.

This next cruise... I am not going to worry about it

as long as she is in the car when it is time to drive home;)

Besides that, the first shipboard thing is a Funship Special

I have a ritual that begins on the walkway from the terminal to the ship. I conjure up a mental picture of all of my problems flying over my shoulders and backwards in bubbles that are popping and vanishing behind me.

As I step aboard, I take a big breath and let it out in a long sigh. AHHHHHHHHHHH, problem free. I grin at my husband, and we head for the Lido deck.

First thing after my card goes "ding" is look up and start looking for my wife.

For some unknown reason, she can not just step forward and wait the

moment it takes . She is gone and who knows where.

First cruise, it took over an hour and a half to find her.

Almost missed sail away looking for her.

2nd was about 30 minutes

3rd was about 20 minutes.

This next cruise... I am not going to worry about it

as long as she is in the car when it is time to drive home;)

Besides that, the first shipboard thing is a Funship Special

Ha, Ha! Try tying a rope around her, or make sure you're carrying all the $$$ :D. Second cruise we went on DH had a blood sugar drop in the cabin right after we were on board. I ran to the Lido to get some food for him ASAP. Got back to the cabin and he was gone. Found him about an hour later sitting poolside eating a burger. I was worried he'd gotten so disoriented he might have gone overboard!:eek: He didn't remember me saying I was going to get him something to eat, thought I had just walked out on him to go exploring.

Now we always fly in the day before so we're not so exhausted the first day, makes it much more relaxing. We go get a DOD and people watch.

We board as early as possible so first we go to the Lido for lunch then we find what bar we are going to be in most of the time and my wife orders and pays for a tequila sunrise for me and usually a vodka tonic for herself. It, of course, is the only drink she will pay for the rest of the cruise........After that, we go and unpack in the cabin or in the case of our next cruise our aft balcony suite for our 550th. anniversary celebration.

WE walk on, grin very big & go to the lido deck for our lunch. After we eat, we walk through the paths of the Lido deck & run into a wonderful Carnival employee who offers us a gorgeous DOD. Of course, we accept :D. Then we go sit for 10 or 15 minutes in different areas of the ship. As we walk & sit, we smile & chat with all the friendly passengers - I have never been anywhere where the people are so friendly as on a Carnival cruise, love it! Then, when cabins open up around 1:30, we go see ours, then we go do our slow wondering & sitting thing again. When it is time to sail, we go up on deck somewhere, watch us putz away from land - then we go sit again & look at the fun times to plan our afternoon/evening.

Funny story about leaving the port - we were up on deck & were right under the Carnival HOOOOONNNNNK! Well, this lady on a deck below us apparently didn't know that happened before the ship left, so she screamed & began running around (didn't know where to run to I guess)... LOL. HIlarious :D. It was very loud. Bet she won't stand there again!

77 days for us. If you see us on a cruise - do say HI! We like friendly peeps :D.

I can't wait to have little ship rituals of my own! My first cruise was booked the night before, so I didn't have the fun of planning it out and enjoying the wait. This time I booked far in advance and am really loving going through these boards and learning something new every day:)

Archived