Zuiderdam Deck Plans

hawk/hornfan

Hi All,

Wife and I are sailing on the Zuiderdam next month on an

Alaskan cruise tour. First time on HAL. Friends we are going with have sailed with them before. Booked a cat VF balcony. Have not recieved our cabin assignment yet.

My question is do any of the decks have self service laundry facilities. Or can we bring an iron or steamer on board.

Also have sailed with Princess and Carnival before what the differences in the experience.

Thanks for help.

My question is do any of the decks have self service laundry facilities. Or can we bring an iron or steamer on board.

No to both questions. There's no self-service laundries on the Vista or Signature classes. The use of irons or steamers in your cabin is strictly prohibited.

You can send laundry out and pay by the bag ($20); you can also purchase an "unlimited" package for a higher charge. When you send laundry to be washed it comes back nicely pressed.

You can also send items to be pressed. There's a "per piece" rate, or you can purchase an unlimited plan for this, too.

For light wrinkles you can try hanging things in a steamy shower, or using Downy Wrinkle Release. Try packing in dry cleaner bags, too. That does reduce wrinkles in the first place.

We will be on the Zuiderdam for four days after we do our land portion of the cruisetour to the Yukon. Since we do the land tour first I will wash some things by hand when we have a two day stay in a place such as Dawson City. Wash the first day and hang to dry and hopefully by the second day I can pack them and move on. Or you could possibly find a laundromat in the hotel or in town if you need to do more than just undies. When we reach the ship I will probably fill up the laundry bag and let HAL do the laundry. On the ship there will be a pull out clothesline above the bathtub which comes in handy for a few items that you would not put in the dryer (like delicate undies).

Even after reading other posts I am still confused about signing up for the unlimited laundry on the Zuiderdam, do I have to go to the front desk or use the slip that's in cabin?

Also if I get the unlimited laundry, if I just want somethings pressed without washing them, can I just write that on the slip or do I have to pay a different fee? Thanks for all the help in planning for our trip.

Archived