helecopter excursions

gm217

Can anyone who has taken a helecopter excursion over the glaciers tell me if they felt sick during the takeoff or landing. My husband suffers from motion sickness, but he really wants to do this excursion. He will be wearing the patch.

I am not sure what someone else's experience would have to do with your husband's? You could get five people who said they had no problem, and five other people who said they did.

If he is wearing a patch, I don't know why it would be a problem for him.

There is motion and its very different than an airplane or car on a curvy or bumpy road.

That being said I am one that can get seasick easily and I have a kid that gets car sick, neither of us got sick. The motion is different in a helicopter as you land straigth up / down. The closest thing I could say think an elevator that goes up than tilts at 20-30 degrees. A big difference is that you have great vision so your ears and eye can see the motion togather. I personally think visability to the motion is the key.

If you can ride say a ferris wheel without getting sick I think the heli will be fine.

YMMV!!!!

Can anyone who has taken a helecopter excursion over the glaciers tell me if they felt sick during the takeoff or landing. My husband suffers from motion sickness, but he really wants to do this excursion. He will be wearing the patch.

I agree, your husband has a known motion illness history. Since he is using a patch, which I assume was prescribed for him? this should be an adquate precaution, I am assuming, which has been used successfully prior??

It is useless to consider a bunch of positive/negative replies from a random group. That has nothing to do with what is going to have that day to that individual.

One out of 7 of my trips, I was with a sick passenger.

Everyone's advise is spot-on, it all depends on the individual and of course, the weather. But I can relate, I have both motion sickness and I'm not a very good flyer. I wanted to do the heli and land on the glacier so I sucked it up and booked the excursion.

It turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip and I just loved it. It is a once in a lifetime experience not to be missed. I did have the patch that I always have to wear whenever I cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Archived